toldailytopic: What is your idea of a perfect vacation?

john w

Hall of Fame
One day of being "MOD for the day," where I ban/purge all the wolves, and everyone/anyone that disagrees with me.

I am John Stalin W, and I approve of this wish.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: What is your idea of a perfect vacation?

With Mrs Psalmist at any of our favorite vacation places where we have been :hetro:

ragTagblues

Somewhere with good roads, a sticky temperature (for tyres) and a Ducatti Monster S or Triumph Speed Triple for hire. A week of that and I will consider myself well rested.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:think:

Kind of hard to say...

You see; The Wife :noid: and I have diametrically opposed views on this sort of thing. She likes the beach...I like the mountains. She likes people...I like solitude.
Therefore, if we do what she wants then it's not exactly my "perfect vacation" then, is it?...But if we do what I want...

Well, you know the saying; "If Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy". :idunno:

So I try not to think about it. :plain:

StanJ53

:think:

Kind of hard to say...

You see; The Wife :noid: and I have diametrically opposed views on this sort of thing. She likes the beach...I like the mountains. She likes people...I like solitude.
Therefore, if we do what she wants then it's not exactly my "perfect vacation" then, is it?...But if we do what I want...

Well, you know the saying; "If Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy". :idunno:

So I try not to think about it. :plain:

A perfect example of why a vacay should be ONLY for one person.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Mrs. Barbarian, our camera gear, and no schedule to follow. Hills, interesting architecture and a decent restaurant that serves Guinness. Unfamiliar wildlife and unusual geology would be a plus. Mrs. Barbarian would like some shopping opportunities.

8570533632_e0622f8f72_z.jpg

Last edited:

bybee

Mrs. Barbarian, our camera gear, and no schedule to follow. Hills, interesting architecture and a decent restaurant that serves Guinness. Unfamiliar wildlife and unusual geology would be a plus. Mrs. Barbarian would like some shopping opportunities.

8570533632_e0622f8f72_z.jpg

An old river town?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Hermann, MO. Founded by German immigrants (largely from Philadelphia). Expected to exceed St. Louis in size. Today, about 3,000 people. Lovely and interesting place.

Named for Arminius, who took out 3 Roman legions, ending the Roman effort to subjugate what is now Germany.

When we went to the courthouse, we thought maybe we might get inside. At the door, someone saw us, and said "Come on in. You're taking pictures? You have to go up on the second floor and see the courtroom."

Mrs. Barbarian's shot:
8563537582_ec1eb1c5d9_c.jpg

On the way out, a clerk asked "Do you want to see the old jail?"

It was sort of like a light green dungeon, hadn't been used in years, very dim. But it was cool to see. I forgot how it is in the Midwest, outside of the cities. It's what America should be everywhere.

They had a metal detector at the door, but no one seemed to know how to make it work.

Last edited:

Dena

Sequoia National Park was pretty perfect as was the desert in Utah. I also love the Caribbean. There was also one thing common on all three of those trips that made them perfect and that was being with my wonderful husband.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Yep. The real fun is to be in the car with Mrs. Barbarian, and checking out what's over the next hill, in the next town, and beyond.