toldailytopic: What is the best country in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
...created by fascists

Whoah, whoah! Let's be perfectly clear on this. Mussolini was the fascist! Don't be lumping him in with all the rest. Mussolini founded fascism. Give him his proper due, man. :p

and home to a cartel that seems to specialize in raping children

They don't specialize in it. They've been cracking down on that stuff recently. :noid:

and fostering ignorance.

This last bit is just wrong. The Church has always been a utopia for intellectual advancement. It's not Her fault that the so called "intellectuals" nowadays are complete retards. :idunno:

Yeeeeeeah.

Yeeeeeah! :cloud9:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think living in Scandanavia looks pretty awesome. Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden all score extremely highly on the global happiness scales, have excellent state education and healthcare, a strong sense of community, and some beautiful scenery and culture to boot.

That said, I don't really think there is a 'best' country, as different people prefer different things, and furthermore if there's one thing that really gets on my nerves, it's patriotism. A country is only as good as the society it contains.

:dhelm: Yeah, I could go live with the Vikings. :up:

What don't you like about Patriotism?

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for July 19th, 2010 09:23 AM

toldailytopic: What is the best country in the world?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
Inside ones self.

Alate_One

For you tax hating types it should be MONACO! (No income tax at all there)

Canada is awfully nice, very much like the U.S. but without always jumping right into "bad wars", low crime rates, clean air, government sponsored medical care for all and an impressive public transportation system in larger cities. Still . . .they're all huddled around the border 'cause its so cold!

I don't know of many Americans that would hold up other countries as *better* overall than the states. I love my country, but I'm not naive about the numerous problems we face. Worst of all being the unwillingness for either party to deal with them.

By the numbers (in terms of educational achievement, happiness, clean energy, general quality of life). I've read Denmark is actually one of the better countries in which to live as well as most of the countries in Scandanvia.

According to the UN human development index the top 10 countries are . . . .

1 Norway
2 Australia
3 Iceland
4 Canada
5 Ireland
6 Netherlands
7 Sweden
8 France
9 Switzerland
10 Japan

(The US ranks 13th)

Status