toldailytopic: What do you believe is the most misunderstood thing about God and His

zoo22

Actually, no. That's the thing; I didn't actually believe that was right. I forced myself to believe it because the pastor said it was true. But I kept reasoning with myself because it ran contrary to what I knew the Bible to say. At the age of 17, five years before joining TOL and becoming OV, I decided that God, in His omnipotence, had chosen to be ignorant of the specifics of individuals' decisions for, or against, Jesus Christ. Else wise Christ dying for us all was in vain, and futile; rather if He did know then it would only make sense for Him to only do this for those whom He knew would accept. And since the Bible showed me that God was not the type to reject anyone, but rather He lets them reject Him, I saw no other possibility.

You'd said, "I used to believe God was omni-aware, though I never used such a term; I believed it for twenty years. Seven years ago I realized I was reading that idea into all of the verses I used to support it."

But you meant you didn't believe for twenty years that God was 'omni-aware.'"

I definitely can understand not putting things into words correctly. Been grappling with that myself recently. Also grappling with with changes in what I believe.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You'd said, "I used to believe God was omni-aware, though I never used such a term; I believed it for twenty years. Seven years ago I realized I was reading that idea into all of the verses I used to support it."

But you meant you didn't believe for twenty years that God was 'omni-aware.'"

I definitely can understand not putting things into words correctly. Been grappling with that myself recently. Also grappling with with changes in what I believe.
I struggled with the belief while forcing myself to believe it because I trusted the pastors and other church leaders who taught me. And in my younger years, of course, I didn't really question it. But as I began reading the Bible for myself that is when I began to question it. And even after several years I trusted pastors and told myself that a pastor should know what they're talking about, so if they said it was true it must be. But only if it was something I thought I already saw in the Scripture. For instance, I had heard of OSAS before and knew some churches taught it; I thought those pastors were wrong about that, for several years.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I agree.

That's something I've been considering a lot recently.

They think because they get mad at bingers, abortioners, homos etc that it is because God is mad.

God is grieved, He is not mad, He does not want to destroy them He wants to save them.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Paul recieved homos into the church, they were washed they were made clean by the Spirit. Half the Greco/Roman world was homo
The verses you reference: 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 show us that they were homos, but they no longer are; if they have been made clean by the Spirit.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The verses you reference: 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 show us that they were homos, but they no longer are; if they have been made clean by the Spirit.

THAT is what I said, God is not mad, He does not wish to destroy them, He is grieved, He wants to save them.