toldailytopic: Should you vote for the lessor of two evils?

SilenceInMotion

BANNED
Banned
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for August 29th, 2012 11:09 AM

toldailytopic: Should you vote for the lessor of two evils?

Only in the event that you plan on stripping both evils of going into office should you not vote.
Otherwise, you should vote for the lessor of the evils. In that way, you would still be actively trying to gradually shift things to where they should be.

SilenceInMotion

BANNED
Banned
No, we should not vote for the lesser of two evils.

See here.

AMR

I don't believe that in this day and age, a president's status as Christian makes little difference. There is nothing they can do, really. The game is set- a conservative Christian will have no more influence then an equally good conservative atheist.
However, this doesn't pertain to other religions unfortunately. Someone passionate about Islam or Judaism could serve certain interests which a Christian could not.

zoo22

I don't believe that in this day and age, a president's status as Christian makes little difference. There is nothing they can do, really. The game is set- a conservative Christian will have no more influence then an equally good conservative atheist.
However, this doesn't pertain to other religions unfortunately. Someone passionate about Islam or Judaism could serve certain interests which a Christian could not.

Wha??

Non-Christian can have influence, but not Christians?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Since the Lord Jesus Christ is not on our ticket, you have no choice. Voting for Abraham Lincoln was choosing the lesser of two evils. So I guess it depends on the gap between them. Therefore this year, no. As there isn't really a gap.

Not the first time.

I am curious as to why you disapprove of the man, however...

PureX

If we keep voting for the lesser of two evils, the two evils is all we're ever going to get. Sooner or later we have to stop falling for their false choices.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wha??

Non-Christian can have influence, but not Christians?
((( YES )))!!!!!! - That's ( how ) God does it!!!!!!
Then you are a indeed a mighty Christian then, there being few who can match your lack of influence. :plain:

Else, sins of omission are no less damning. Vote for the greater good. It, again, is frequently a way to settle what the other phrasing will not. :e4e:

fool

Hall of Fame
Unless we are going to start killing babies after they are completely out of the womb I don't see how we can get much more evil than we already are.

Letsargue

Then you are a indeed a mighty Christian then, there being few who can match your lack of influence. :plain:

Else, sins of omission are no less damning. Vote for the greater good. It, again, is frequently a way to settle what the other phrasing will not. :e4e:

The "Greater Good" is no man, but only God!! - Matthew 19:17 KJV -

Paul -- 083112

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm not a defeatist as in I think it will never be worth voting 3rd party. I'm simply outlining what it will take to make it worth doing. I'd add making election day a holiday as well. Until then, pick your poison.

You seem to overestimate the intelligence, effort and attention the average voter gives to the campaign or to much of anything going on in the world.

I make my statements based on the fact that only half of my college students knew there was a hurricane hitting Louisiana yesterday. I am asking them today if they know just the name of Mitt Romney's running mate. I'm betting the percentage is even lower.
I'm not sure why the ignorance of other voters should influence your vote.

You want changes in the voting system but you keep voting for the people who have no motivation to do so because the current system helps the Dems and Reps out. Why would they change a system in which they have all the power?

edit- but if you were going to vote for Romney, feel free to vote third party. :p
:chuckle: