toldailytopic: Should I stay or should I go? If states begin to secede from the Union

Zeke

Slaves don't secede, they make alot of noise and plan ecapes but very few ever make it out.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I haven't decided. But, Indiana's one of the states that petitioned secession. So, I may not have to either way.

It won't happen.
People voted for Obama and that stinks, but it's what we got.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
It won't happen.
People voted for Obama and that stinks, but it's what we got.

Obama is only one facet of the problem in Washington D.C., I would say Whore House Harry Reid is probably a bigger problem to this country right now, the man has no intention of following the law in submitting a budget which he is legally bound to do, what's it been now almost 1400 days without a budget? Does anyone believe this to be an accident? We all know that ole whore house Harry has no intention of following the law, nor does he have any intentions of slowing the spending which is burying this country. I certainly hope that the Republicans grow a spine in the coming debt ceiling crisis and just tell them no more, shut down the government, cut off everyone from the govt until a budget is passed by whorehouse Harry & Co and reasonable cuts in spending are committed to. If the repubs cannot fight this fight than they have absolutely rendered themselves obsolete, if they are not already.

THall

I have a cabin near lake Norfork. I sure hope Arkansas secedes early, then I could spend more time there.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I certainly hope that the Republicans grow a spine in the coming debt ceiling crisis and just tell them no more, shut down the government, cut off everyone from the govt until a budget is passed by whorehouse Harry & Co and reasonable cuts in spending are committed to. If the repubs cannot fight this fight than they have absolutely rendered themselves obsolete, if they are not already.

the republicans gave the voters a choice
and
now it is time for the voters to live with the choice they made

most republicans know how to take care of themselves

jeremysdemo

republicans picked the wrong candidates to push forward.

Had they promoted some of their more progressive candidates it would have been a closer race.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

bybee

Obama is only one facet of the problem in Washington D.C., I would say Whore House Harry Reid is probably a bigger problem to this country right now, the man has no intention of following the law in submitting a budget which he is legally bound to do, what's it been now almost 1400 days without a budget? Does anyone believe this to be an accident? We all know that ole whore house Harry has no intention of following the law, nor does he have any intentions of slowing the spending which is burying this country. I certainly hope that the Republicans grow a spine in the coming debt ceiling crisis and just tell them no more, shut down the government, cut off everyone from the govt until a budget is passed by whorehouse Harry & Co and reasonable cuts in spending are committed to. If the repubs cannot fight this fight than they have absolutely rendered themselves obsolete, if they are not already.
I have a question: Can the president bypass the Constitution with an "Executive Order"?
What can Congress do if an executive order is flat out destructive to the country as a whole?

PureX

I have a question: Can the president bypass the Constitution with an "Executive Order"?
No. He is sworn to uphold the Constitution.
What can Congress do if an executive order is flat out destructive to the country as a whole?
They can impeach the president for the abuse of office. And the judicial branch could convict the president if he breaks any laws.

BUT, the congress is often very reluctant to do anything that doesn't have public support. At least not in the open, as with impeaching a president. And the justice system tends to be hampered by "national security" constraints when it comes to prosecuting a president.

bybee

No. He is sworn to uphold the Constitution.
They can impeach the president for the abuse of office. And the judicial branch could convict the president if he breaks any laws.

Thanks for the info.
Of course, if a president has a Congress which is in control of his party, then, we could have a problem?

Christ's Word

Yes, the President can bypass the Constitution and Congress with an executive order. There are at least two checks and balances.

1. The Congress can defund an executive order, or pass a law to counter it, or both.

2. A law suit brought to the Supreme Court can give the Court the opportunity to declare the order unconstitutional.