toldailytopic: Safety or freedom: which do you value more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
do you agree that FOX is not hurting the country?
No. I don't, though why you'd single them out when there are other and differing voices as guilty of willful distortion and the conflation of declared bias with examinable truth is anyone's guess... I think the practice lowers our expectation, drives either a misinformed or jaded electorate into unwise policy and support and diminishes the effectiveness of government as a consequence.

Other than that though, it's great. :plain:

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No. I don't, though why you'd single them out when there are other and differing voices as guilty of willful distortion and the conflation of declared bias with examinable truth, is anyone's guess... I think the practice lowers our expectation, drives either a misinformed or jaded electorate into unwise policy and support and diminishes the effectiveness of government as a consequence.

Other than that though, it's great. :plain:

maybe you are little more left than you realize

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
maybe you are little more left than you realize

Maybe you should read me more carefully. I asked why you skewed it so that my objection would settle on Fox. I noted there were other, differing voices as guilty of that lamentable practice. But I suspect you did that so you could do this...and that's a bit of my objection too. It doesn't serve the truth.

:e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.