toldailytopic: Obama's new openly pro-same-sex-marriage stance: will it help or hurt

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
all you have to do is say
is
the purpose of marriage is to protect the child
and
you will be attacked

here on TOL

PureX

I believe this to be a diversion from other, more pressing concerns.

Watch the other hand...what else is going on while the press is hyper-ventilating over this non-news?
What else is going on is that Romney was trying to make political hay out of the very touchy situation with that blind Chinese political activist. By making this gay marriage announcement, now, Obama took the news spotlight off that situation, somewhat. And it gives them time to work out a quiet solution. Which they seem to be doing.

As usual, the republicans have no concern whatever for how their constant political opposition and endless negative spin will effect the country, just so long as they can get their guy elected. Romney is spouting off about how he's so concerned for the freedom of this Chinese activist while every word that comes out of his mouth further imperils the very negotiations that would help us to get him out safely.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is a non issue to me. I am not interested in marrying someone of the same sex. Like Whoopi Goldberg says.... If you don't like gay marriage don't marry a gay person.

These words come from the same people (and I use the word "people" loosely when describing Whoopi Goldberg) that say "If you're against abortion, don't have one".

Such simplistic thinking.

DaSoji1

Um, yes it does; you drooling idiot.:
droolingidiot01vl9.gif

Don't be an ***. It means he supports equal rights, not the act itself.

Last edited:

DaSoji1

That makes no sense. He supports firefighters, not fighting fires.

It actually makes perfect sense.

He supports someone's free choice to become a firefighter if they want to, but he doesn't agree with their decision to fight fires.

He supports people's free choice, and believes they should be able to marry someone of the same sex if that's what they choose to do...but he doesn't agree with their decision (nor does he think its the right decision) to marry someone of the same sex.

It's basically saying, "I support your free will and equal rights, but that doesn't mean I think you marrying someone of the same sex is the best way to do things."

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You are an idiot. I don't want you going through life not knowing it.

Obama has always been anti-christ in nature. Shoring up his base was important. He probably wants a distraction from the distruction he has brought to the economy. Which is strange in a way. All his liberal base wanted it. How to convince the middle 20% when he pushed the car over the cliff that it was Bush's fault will be his concern. This gives him time to come up with a strategy to show the economy he is trying to ruin is being improved.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is a non issue to me...If you don't like raping, don't rape a person.
I fully agree.

No need to be so dishonest, Nick, by intentionally changing Eeset's quote. This is what she said:

This is a non issue to me. I am not interested in marrying someone of the same sex. Like Whoopi Goldberg says.... If you don't like gay marriage don't marry a gay person.

Amazing that in this day and age, a certain individual pretends to not understand the difference between rape VS sex between two CONSENTING adults.

Nice try, but no cookie.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These words come from the same people (and I use the word "people" loosely when describing Whoopi Goldberg) that say "If you're against abortion, don't have one".

Such simplistic thinking.

That you believe the issues are remotely similar IS simplistic to say the least ...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No need to be so dishonest, Nick, by intentionally changing Eeset's quote. This is what she said:

It was intended to show her failed logic, which you proved for me, and saw what I did, and argued against my correct point.

Memento Mori

He supports someone's free choice to become a firefighter if they want to, but he doesn't agree with their decision to fight fires.

He supports people's free choice, and believes they should be able to marry someone of the same sex if that's what they choose to do...but he doesn't agree with their decision (nor does he think its the right decision) to marry someone of the same sex.

It's basically saying, "I support your free will and equal rights, but that doesn't mean I think you marrying someone of the same sex is the best way to do things."

I'd just like to say, I get your point but I disagree. Honestly, I bet that his phasing was very carefully selected by a campaign manager rather than by Obama, himself.

DaSoji1

Obama has always been anti-christ in nature. Shoring up his base was important. He probably wants a distraction from the distruction he has brought to the economy. Which is strange in a way. All his liberal base wanted it. How to convince the middle 20% when he pushed the car over the cliff that it was Bush's fault will be his concern. This gives him time to come up with a strategy to show the economy he is trying to ruin is being improved.

LOL. okay.
its-a-conspiracy.jpg

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Don't be an censored. It means he supports equal rights, not the act itself.
See Nick's response.

That makes no sense. He supports firefighters, not fighting fires.
Thank you, Nick.

To an illogical, delusional mind...

Nick's right, you're an idiot.

Exactly.

DaSoji1

See Nick's response.

Thank you, Nick.

To an illogical, delusional mind...

Nick's right, you're an idiot.

Exactly.

An appeal to ridicule does not take the form of a valid argument, because it brings no new information or concrete discussion into the debate.

I assume you have nothing relevant to say, so i bid you good day, sir.:rapture:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The country will go bankrupt, but hey, gays will get to be married, thats much more important to the entire country overall.

Hopefully Texas will secede from the union finally.

Last edited: