toldailytopic: Must see TV. What is the one show currently on TV that you make a poin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't like House, he is an obnoxious drug addict, not a good image for a physician. Criminal Minds is fairly good. The rest I have nor seen.:)
House kicked the habit and had a personal crisis that has seen him make real strides in terms of bringing the core character out of the nasty protective, cynical shell...I really need a hobby. :plain:

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned
I haven't owned a TV since 2003.

Though I will admit I do enjoy an occaisional episode of Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Metalocalypse, or South Park.

I did like the first season of Ru Paul's Drag Race, haven't seen anything more recent though.

BabyChristian

House kicked the habit and had a personal crisis that has seen him make real strides in terms of bringing the core character out of the nasty protective, cynical shell...I really need a hobby. :plain:

:rotfl:

Hey, if you're gonna watch T.V. I consider House better than reality shows.

Thank you TH and it seems to me that there's been many shows about believing in God and he seems to be opening up to some of those lessons he's seeing. He is changing.

nicholsmom

I don't have time for any TV these days, but if I did, I'd be watching Fringe and "So You Think You Can Dance?"
I do like Smallville too, when it's on & I have some time.

I miss Heroes.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Vampires, and other supernatural creatures. It's kind of like an updated version of Dark Shadows, with a lot of dark humor.

True Blood is my fave show, and *the* one program I never miss. I also watch House, Sons of Anarchy, Criminal Minds, and some of the stuff on the science channels.

Dark Shadows, I remember that soap! What is Sons of Anarchy about, a motorcycle gang having action and fights or just lots of relationship talk, or is it a mix? Is it like the Wild Ones, or talk talk talk?

I rented the first DVD of Dexter, no way would I like it, too much self ruminations.:mmph:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I don't have time for any TV these days, but if I did, I'd be watching Fringe and "So You Think You Can Dance?"
I do like Smallville too, when it's on & I have some time.

I miss Heroes.

I miss Hogan's Heroes! Not really, I have all that on DVD, Sanford and Son too.

Memento Mori

New episodes of Futurama this Thursday at 10/9 c. It's about the only show I'm actually excited for. I tend to parooz the wiki articles of old episodes. That's a smart cartoon.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

House wasn't too bad but every episode was essentially the same. They follow a template and there are diminishing returns. The character development isn't enough to overcome it.

Thirteen is pretty hot though, no diminishing returns there. :Shimei:

Todah

NCIS .... with Gibbs, Dinozzo, Abby, and McGeek, and of course the former Israeli Mossad agent, Ziva.

If you were hooked on "24" it was the ultimate in adrenaline rush, "must see" TV.

The final episode, did not end the show, it was a preview for 24, the must see movie.

I never watched a Lost episode all the way through. Did they end their show the same way? Will there be a movie?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dark Shadows, I remember that soap! What is Sons of Anarchy about, a motorcycle gang having action and fights or just lots of relationship talk, or is it a mix? Is it like the Wild Ones, or talk talk talk?

It's kind of a mix, dark humor, action, drama ... a motorcycle gang VS whoever is the biggER villain in town.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Just one? That's a bit difficult. And with DVR it's kind of hard to miss the shows you want to see these days. But if I had to pick one, one that I watch as soon as possible rather than waiting if I would rather do something else or it's too late and I want to sleep, it would be Doctor Who.

I like Caprica, because it reveals the truth that all we Presbyterians are really robots, just like people say, who worship the One True God. I can't say as I watch it though, 'cause I'm simply too Frackin' jealous that non-Cylons get to wear lederhosen. ;)
I didn't get satellite until the final season of BSG, so I'm just now watching it on DVD. But I have certainly enjoyed Caprica so far.

Doctor Who :)
I hear that!

Justified; 30 Rock; Bones; House; The Closer; Burn Notice; Human Target; Psych; Criminal Minds; Fringe...
All the ones I highlighted are shows I enjoy. I was enjoying Fringe until the put it on the same time as CSI and Supernatural. That was a dumb move. But over the years I've learned to expect dumb moves from FOX [see: cancellation of Firefly and Dollhouse].

Does she deal with crime seriously like Joe Friday, or spend most dialogue trying to maintain her relationship with her fiancé? Does she look like a real woman cop or a model?
Regarding her looks let's just say they are certainly not why Kevin Bacon [her real husband] married her.

NCIS
Lie to Me
Dexter
House
Medium
Supernatural
With the exception of Medium I enjoy all these shows.

New episodes of Futurama this Thursday at 10/9 c. It's about the only show I'm actually excited for. I tend to parooz the wiki articles of old episodes. That's a smart cartoon.
I don't feel excitement but I expect to feel it when I'm watching the episodes.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
New episodes of House and The Office. And So You Think You Can Dance.

sdgareth

just finished watching "Lie to me" here in Swaziland

I enjoy fringe, mentalist, 24

Gordon Ramsay is a hoot

Status
Not open for further replies.