toldailytopic: Must see TV. What is the one show currently on TV that you make a poin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 22nd, 2010 11:02 AM

toldailytopic: Must see TV. What is the one show currently on TV that you make a point to watch?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Aimiel

Since Stargate Universe's season has ended... none. I sometimes watch the Mentalist, but I don't go out of my way to do so.

grit

I like Caprica, because it reveals the truth that all we Presbyterians are really robots, just like people say, who worship the One True God. I can't say as I watch it though, 'cause I'm simply too Frackin' jealous that non-Cylons get to wear lederhosen. ;)

Lucky

Hall of Fame
TV is for nincompoops. I only read books. That are at least 250 years old. In foreign languages. Braille editions. Bow before my intellectualosity!

But seriously, the antenna hasn't picked up anything remotely interesting. I've been watching Friday Night Lights season 4 on Hulu. That probably wouldn't interest anyone outside of Texas and the South. Other than that, not much. A soccer game I guess.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Now I just don't know about today's TV shows. I liked TV shows back when I was too busy to watch them regularly. I have netflix and right now I am watching the Andy Griffith show and I also get Taxi and Adam 12. I own MASH and even if it is leaning to the left, I think it is funny. The last TV sitcon I liked was Cheers. I read some about Lost, but a fear it has too much of that modern dialogue, I cannot explain what bothers me about it, but it does bother me; I guess it is the constant battle of the sexes which gets under my skin?

Now I think my fellow members would be doing me a favour if they would suggest some good newer TV shows. I watch The Fugitive and Perry Mason from the library and sometimes the Walton's. I could order something more current and might give the Sopranos a try, but I will bet it has that modern dynamic and is not of the same dialogue as the Godfather. I am open to suggestions.

grit

I'm actually a bit surprised we don't seem to have a Rev. Jim wandering hereabouts at TOL.

grit

Now I just don't know about today's TV shows. I liked TV shows back when I was too busy to watch them regularly. I have netflix and right now I am watching the Andy Griffith show and I also get Taxi and Adam 12. I own MASH and even if it is leaning to the left, I think it is funny. The last TV sitcon I liked was Cheers. I read some about Lost, but a fear it has too much of that modern dialogue, I cannot explain what bothers me about it, but it does bother me; I guess it is the constant battle of the sexes which gets under my skin?

Now I think my fellow members would be doing me a favour if they would suggest some good newer TV shows. I watch The Fugitive and Perry Mason from the library and sometimes the Walton's. I could order something more current and might give the Sopranos a try, but I will bet it has that modern dynamic and is not of the same dialogue as the Godfather. I am open to suggestions.
You might like Chuck. It's a spy sitcom that's just a wee bit hokie. Can I say "hokie"? I mean it in the best way. Honest.

Buzzword

I used to be a big Food Network addict (D/D/D, Good Eats, Unwrapped, The Best Thing I Ever Ate), but since we cut down our cable to save money, about the only thing I watch consistently is Jeopardy!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Doctor Who :)

I give up, who? :plain:

I like: Justified; 30 Rock; Bones; House; The Closer; Burn Notice; Human Target; Psych; Criminal Minds; Fringe...there's a new reality show about people with shooting skills that is interesting to watch. Can't think of the name of it, but I probably wouldn't watch any of them without my dvr and the ability to kill commercials.

And then I translate them, from memory, into Gaelic just to make it interesting, :lucky:

PlastikBuddha

I like Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel. Who knew watching a fat guy eat bugs and llama... parts... could be so amusing.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Red Sox. Seven o'clock on NESN, more often than not, although if I miss a game or three it ain't the end of the world.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I give up, who? :plain:

I like: Justified; 30 Rock; Bones; House; The Closer; Burn Notice; Human Target; Psych; Criminal Minds; Fringe...there's a new reality show about people with shooting skills that is interesting to watch. Can't think of the name of it, but I probably wouldn't watch any of them without my dvr and the ability to kill commercials.

And then I translate them, from memory, into Gaelic just to make it interesting, :lucky:

I don't like House, he is an obnoxious drug addict, not a good image for a physician. Criminal Minds is fairly good. The rest I have nor seen.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.