toldailytopic: It's the last day of 2012, what are your New Years Eve plans?

This Charming Manc

Anyway back to the OP, i have been out spent sometime with friends, put the kids to bed and looked back at the last year which for the UK was a very good year.

The royal stuff I can take or leave, but in the Olympics the UK was able to articulate what we actually like about ourselves. Which if you know us Brits we usually find hard to do(about us or anyone else).

So a couple of hours flicking through you tube and iplayer moments from the Olympics has rounded the year off well :).

fool

Hall of Fame
I flew from Detroit to Chicago.
Changed planes them flew to Hartford CT.
Drove to Massachuesetts and made it to a bar with half an hour left before closing.

Interesting thing about the flight from Chicago to Hartford was that it went supersonic.

The pilot was all geeked up before we even pushed back from the gate, told us we would get there at least twenty minutes early (on an hour and fifty five minute flight) because there was this 200 mph jet stream going from where we were to where we wanted to be.

Then, half way thru the flight he comes on the PA and tells us that with the plane going at the speed the plane goes and the fact that we had a 200 mile an hour tail wind our ground speed had exceeded the speed of sound by 18 miles an hour.

You could tell the guy enjoyed his work.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's the last day of 2012, what are your New Years Eve plans?

We made chocolate chip cookies and watched MIB III. Then, around midnight, Jack fell asleep singing the Dream Lite song after first saying goodnight to "Mr. Penguin" whose smiling face was looking down on him from the stars and moon overhead.

That, as they say, wasn't hay. :eek:

Christ's Word

Made shrimp fried rice, chocolate cheesecake, and watched the Kennedy Center awards for the performing arts off the DVR with my husband who is a huge LED ZEPPELIN fan. Ann Wilson did a tribute to the band that was amazing.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I am going to watch reruns of "Doctor Who" while sipping a hot tottie (or two) ...

Which Doctor Who?

For me there's only one...

504x_tom-baker1.jpg

Hopefully David Tennant .. he is the best who in Doctor Who-ville History ...

I generally would agree, but matt smith has had some delightful moments. ......like all of vincent ..........
I like all of the Doctor's I've seen so far*, but, Troughton, Tom Baker, Tennant and Smith are my favorites [in chronological order].

The real question is who is your favorite companion?

I've only seen Clara in two episodes so far, but she's already up there with Zoe in my top two. Yes, Clara has pushed Amy to third. Sarah Jane is fourth. I don't really have a fifth at this point.

*Colin Baker is the only one I haven't seen, with the exception of the regeneration from Davison.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like all of the Doctor's I've seen so far*, but, Troughton, Tom Baker, Tennant and Smith are my favorites [in chronological order].

The real question is who is your favorite companion?

I've only seen Clara in two episodes so far, but she's already up there with Zoe in my top two. Yes, Clara has pushed Amy to third. Sarah Jane is fourth. I don't really have a fifth at this point.

*Colin Baker is the only one I haven't seen, with the exception of the regeneration from Davison.

Admittedly, I have only been viewing the series from the time that Christopher Eccleston played the doctor. However, thus far, my favorite companion was Rose, followed by Martha Jones.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Admittedly, I have only been viewing the series from the time that Christopher Eccleston played the doctor. However, thus far, my favorite companion was Rose, followed by Martha Jones.
Really? Hmm...

I actually liked Donna better than either of them.

Of course it was sad to see each of them go, especially Rose and Donna since it seemed neither of them would ever be able to return. Of course RTD ruined that with Rose, but it still pains me to see Donna's final episode. I wasn't as moved with Angels Take Manhattan, though. I liked the Ponds, but the way they went didn't tug on my heartstrings at all.

Also, you should check out some of the old school series.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I watched every evening one summer in ...1978 (?)

Pre-cable - UHF with the goofy looking antenna, a picture you couldn't get kids used to high-def to watch today....