toldailytopic: It's the last day of 2012, what are your New Years Eve plans?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 31st, 2012 12:59 AM

toldailytopic: It's the last day of 2012, what are your New Years Eve plans?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Visiting TOL.
hyper.gif

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since :jessilu: works 4 to 11, I may share most of my church's new year's eve celebration. I'll just have to leave a couple of hours early.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic: It's the last day of 2012,
what are your New Years Eve plans?

The a.m. hours doing some odd jobs like shelf repairs, answering emails, then a quiet brunch, it'll be kind of quiet for us until about the 2:30 pm this afternoon, that's when we head for the retirement/healthcare/nursing home center for the 3:00-5:00 p.m. New Year's Eve Party, it's a fun time.

Then back home to watch one of Mrs Psalmist favorite movies, her choice, a quiet evening together.

We've not stayed up till the stroke of midnight on New Year's eve for about 10 years now, although the fireworks that shoot of here in Houston at the New Year's Eve midnight hour can tend to wake a person up.

Anyway that's it ... Happy New year to all here at TOL!

ragTagblues

You don't want to know.

How do you know that? Maybe we do! :eek:

I'm pretty sure mine will entail some form of gathering of people and various different beverages of an alcoholic nature . . . . Follow this up with some very questionable food from one of Bristol's many grease jockey's and were on to a winner!

Buzzword

Movie night with the wife and a six pack of Blue Moon, then at midnight drinking Sparkling White Grape Juice (our own tradition).

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Play Trivial Pursuit and maybe have shrimp, cheese, crackers and grapes at midnight. Probably just have the shrimp.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since :jessilu: works 4 to 11, I may share most of my church's new year's eve celebration. I'll just have to leave a couple of hours early.

Well, because my check didn't come today, I have to change my plans (not enough gas to go to church tonight). I'll be home most of the night. I'll leave to pick up :jessilu: around 10 PM and be home between 11:30 and midnight unless I get stopped at a checkpoint.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Nothing really, I don't really get into celebrating New Year for some reason.

When I was younger and I used to celebrate New Years at a pub or some such place I hated that midnight time. Somehow everyone thought that they owed someone a kiss. I still cringe just thinking of it. I used to just hide in the ladies room until it was over.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am going to watch reruns of "Doctor Who" while sipping a hot tottie (or two) ...