toldailytopic: Is it always wrong to kill another human?

OriginalOatmeal

Mother says, "Child, this hurts me more than it hurts you." Mother spanks her child. A cop is a mother for grown-ups. The mother and the police man or police woman and judge will all say together, "We do these things because we love you. We do not do these things because we hate you. These things hurt us way more than it could ever hurt you. It is for your own good."

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
Mother says, "Child, this hurts me more than it hurts you." Mother spanks her child. A cop is a mother for grown-ups. The mother and the police man or police woman and judge will all say together, "We do these things because we love you. We do not do these things because we hate you. These things hurt us way more than it could ever hurt you. It is for your own good."
You have inadvertantly hit upon something valuable. Child abuse and the death penalty do go hand in hand. If one is abused as a child and does not acknowledge the treatment as abuse, one is very likely to strongly support the death penalty.

OriginalOatmeal

You have inadvertantly hit upon something valuable. Child abuse and the death penalty do go hand in hand. If one is abused as a child and does not acknowledge the treatment as abuse, one is very likely to strongly support the death penalty.

I am not talking about abuse.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Del is sadistic because he's holding a revolver? :darwinsm:

c'mon ubie, that's stupid even for you

I'm going to have to disagree. For ubie, that was a moment of borderline brilliance! Yea, a flash of greatness that will illuminate the halls of TOL long after he has been permanently banished from these lands!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Honestly, who has more in common with a serial killer: Purex or all of you who whole heartedly support the death penalty?

Neither ... my first thought in the morning and my last thought at night never has included "whose life can rip to shreds by maliciously torturing and murdering them today".

People don't just arbitrarily support killing people via the DP just because it is the *in* thing to do, but rather as a way to keep them from ever killing and harming another human being.

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/serial killer

serial killer

NOUN:

A person who attacks and kills victims one by one in a series of incidents.

IF I am going to be compared to a serial killer, I would appreciate a few quotes which show me expressing how much I enjoy torturing animals, children, men and women, etc ... prior to offing them.

Can a dead serial killer or any other type of sadistic murderer ever re-offend while inside prison or after escaping from prison AFTER receiving the DP?

Can the Larry Singleton's of this world go on to murder a woman if they had been put to death instead of being released from prison? I mean after all, he only raped and cut off the arms of a 15 year old girl.

Does sadism include supporting a system that would allow individuals like this out in our society so he is able to destroy more lives? Or showing more concern for the treatment of rapists, child molesters and murderers than we show for their victims?

PureX

A cop is a mother for grown-ups. The mother and the police man or police woman and judge will all say together, "We do these things because we love you. We do not do these things because we hate you. These things hurt us way more than it could ever hurt you. It is for your own good."
That's seriously twisted. You do realize this, I hope.

Cops are NOT judges. They are NOT in the business of "punishing" anyone. Ever. And if they try to do so they can and should be prosecuted for it.

Judges are not our parents. It is NOT their purpose to teach us right or wrong. Their purpose is to enforce the laws that protect us from each other. And that's all. They are not the purveyors of righteousness, or of God's (or mom's) wrath.

bybee

An excellent example on dimwitted thinking!

PureX

Not really. It's called social psychology.

Children who grow up experiencing violence tend to grow up to be violent adults. And so they also tend to justify violence as a socially acceptable solution to criminal behavior. It's not exactly rocket science.

bybee

Not really. It's called social psychology.

Children who grow up experiencing violence tend to grow up to be violent adults. And so they also tend to justify violence as a socially acceptable solution to criminal behavior. It's not exactly rocket science.

It is also, in today's methodology, a copout!
Blame anyone and anything except the perpetrator!
That ALSO is not rocket science!

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
I see how you might disagree, but do no believe it could reflect a dim wit - even if it were totally false. You on the other hand demonstrate a rather dim wit in your bald criticism in this instance, I would rather hear about your rationale for disagreeing.

bybee

I see how you might disagree, but do no believe it could reflect a dim wit - even if it were totally false. You on the other hand demonstrate a rather dim wit in your bald criticism in this instance, I would rather hear about your rationale for disagreeing.

The words "...one is very likely..." covers almost any statement one wishes to make as proof of anything one might wish to prove.