toldailytopic: Is it always wrong to kill another human?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sadism is never pretty - not even when couched in motives like self-defense, revenge, or justice.

Who are you calling sadistic, and why should I let you stay here if you are going to hint at such charges without backing up your statements?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...Some say capital punishment is a deterrence, yet this is very seldom true...
Most obvious, the death penalty does not change behaviour!...

I believe that you are correct about this, and I believe that Ecclesiastes 8:11 very clearly explains why. In fact, it predicts that the death penalty, the way it is practiced today, will not deter crime.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
Honestly, who has more in common with a serial killer: Purex or all of you who whole heartedly support the death penalty?

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
Who are you calling sadistic, and why should I let you stay here if you are going to hint at such charges without backing up your statements?

Did you read my posts later in the thread? If anyone takes joy in the pain and death of others, they are sadistic by definition. Support enough?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Uberpod1 said:
Honestly, who has more in common with a serial killer: Purex or all of you who whole heartedly support the death penalty?

PureX, because he doesn't value the life of the innocent victim :duh:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Like it or not, the spirit of Christ confronts us with this very difficult challenge of representing peace and love and forgiveness even in the face of hate and violence and death.

If you want to call yourself a Christian, then that would be the goal: to counter ... violence with forgiveness.

If I retaliate to the evil of others, in kind, then I know I will have become evil, myself.

If you happened upon the rape/murder of a child in progress and your only means of stopping it were through violent action, what would you do?

I'm waiting for PureX to answer this as well. But he won't. He'll just change the subject... ;)

and PureX's response?

crickets

Purex cares more for the life of the violent criminal than he does for the life of the innocent victim.

In this, he is just like the serial killer.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
I did not call anyone in particular sadistic, but ironically someone bolder than me might suggest that you are to a degree citing your avatar pic proudly holding a killing machine.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
or perhaps that he's proud of it and enjoys using it and showing it off

What do want to bet that Del's never fired it at a human being with sadistic delight?

Yes, I know. Hard for you to imagine.

I own several rifles. None of them have ever been fired at live targets.

Uberpod1

BANNED
Banned
or perhaps that he's proud of it and enjoys using it and showing it off

What do want to bet that Del's never fired it at a human being with sadistic delight?

Yes, I know. Hard for you to imagine.

I own several rifles. None of them have ever been fired at live targets.
But is it part of your dreams to do so?