toldailytopic: If science advanced so that you could live indefinitely would you choo

Lon

toldailytopic: If science advanced so that you could live indefinitely would you choose to?

How are they going to do that once the earth is destroyed?

And isn't what science does always redundant of what God already has?

Melody Smythe

Transhumanism

Transhumanism

If Science could advance to allow me to live longer would I? After reading Pandamoniums Engine I absolutely would not....this book is a coloborative work by Thomas Horn that I highly recommend. There is an excellent chrisitan position to consider in reguards to upcoming scientific advances at www.forcingchange.org, Carl Teichrib is the editor of this site....wonderful resourse for countless futuristic topics.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

(John 11:25-26 ESV)

So, brethren, do you believe this?
;)
Apparently this discussion regarding eternal life on earth (via hypothetical scientific and medical advancement) is beyond your mental capacity.

When things like this happen (which must be often for you), just skip the thread altogether, that way we don't waste time reading your posts.

dave3712

If science advanced so that you could live indefinitely would you choose to?[/b][/SIZE][/box]

You have the matter arse backwards.

Science has now explained how we can andwill live forever.
The issue is whether therefore we ought work to better the present condition of mankind so when we return, gentically reconstructed and born again, we will find an even better world awaiting us.

NOTE:

Revelation 21:4-5
And God, (blessing them with Total Phylogenetic Consciousness: [Carl Jung]), shall wipe away, (in their awakened Unconscious Mind: [Freudian Hypothesis]), all tears from their eyes, (for life is a genetically remember able continuum from one generation to the next living generation);
(in genetic memories of prior existences held in our Unconscious Mind) there shall be no more death... (For we shall not all "sleep:" [1Co15:51], but total phylogenetic Consciousness will have evolved), neither sorrow... (for we, individually, are part of a living continuum of our own past, flowers upon our genetic vine), nor crying,.. (for we are happy in these revelations of reconstitution from our human gene pool), neither shall there be any more pain... for the former things (in Modern Homo sapiens paradigm of the life experience) are passed away.

And “He,” (the ancient, phylogenetic, Collective Unconscious Mind), that sat upon the throne (within the kingdom of the evolving Homoiousian sapiens' brain: [Luke 17:21]) said, Behold, (in this way, through evolution: [Gen 9:11-18]), I make all things (in human experience) new.

And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true, (i.e.; Christ himself, the gospel Truth, rational, and scientifically feasible), and (worthy of) faithful (belief).

genuineoriginal

toldailytopic: If science advanced so that you could live indefinitely would you choose to?
It doesn't look worth it to me, so I will pass.
The reality is that the clones are grown from client's donated cells to mature adult development in 12 months, and receive memory implants of a real life, using variations of 12 different generic life memories. After their first 12 months developing in a large plastic sac, very roughly like the setup in the Matrix movies, the clones are then brought into the "world" which for them consists of life in an underground facility and being told that there was a "contamination" in the world and every once in a while a new person is found and decontaminated and brought to the place to live. This happens when a clone reaches their adult maturity. There is a daily lottery held for the clones, the winners of which get to move to "The Island", a fictional place where there is no contamination and life is perfect. The life of the clones is basically to bide their time waiting to win the lottery. The winners of the lottery are those that the clients need parts harvested from, and the clone is destroyed.​

PureX

The length of one's life is not nearly so important as being healthy and free throughout whatever lifetime one has. I would like to live longer, but only if I can do so in good health and in relative freedom.

Lon

Apparently this discussion regarding eternal life on earth (via hypothetical scientific and medical advancement) is beyond your mental capacity.

When things like this happen (which must be often for you), just skip the thread altogether, that way we don't waste time reading your posts.
Well, it still doesn't stop a safe from falling on one's head,
A tree nearly fell on me once! :shocked:
...or a tree, so I thought he gave us something to look forward to... :granite:

ICameBack

Thank you for insulting me to make your point.

Now as to not derail this most eternally important thread :granite:

Dena

I appreciate that those who are convinced of a hereafter (of heaven, no less) would probably not want to delay their ascention beyond a handful of decades. :D For your average non-believer though, that adventure can wait.

Perhaps that would be the solution to over population issues. All those who believe they are going to heaven would die naturally or off themselves at some point to get there.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't think living on this earth the way it is now would be a good way to spend eternity. I think that's why God designed heaven the way He did. I think God knows that living here on earth in a fallen society would be filled with pain and heartache and we would eventually want to escape it.

Therefore, while I love, love, love, my life here on earth and I don't want it to end prematurely, I also wouldn't want to be here forever. There will come a time when I will be ready to move on to the next phase of my life in heaven.
This

A tree nearly fell on me once! :shocked:
"A polar bear fell on me."

The Berean

If I could live forever I'd travel the galaxy and then the universe. The universe is a big place you know. :think:

dave3712

Yes, although I think with reincarnation that God has already given us the chance to take a break and then come back if we choose.

Sort of like reincarnation, but different in that we are not physically the same person, but mentally, we will have evolved with access into our ancient of ancient Unconscious mind wherein is recorded all the memories of previous incarnations.

We, in this sense, are like flowers on the vine of our own ascent down through the Ages.
Our "eternal life" will actually be a view backwards, into the past.

Mic 4:4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.