toldailytopic: If science advanced so that you could live indefinitely would you choo

Breathe

I enjoy life so much that I hate having to sleep, for fear of missing something interesting - so yes.

genuineoriginal

toldailytopic: If science advanced so that you could live indefinitely would you choose to?

Can You Live Forever? Maybe Not--But You Can Have Fun Trying
Let's say you transfer your mind into a computer—not all at once but gradually, having electrodes inserted into your brain and then wirelessly outsourcing your faculties. Someone reroutes your vision through cameras. Someone stores your memories on a net of microprocessors. Step by step your metamorphosis continues until at last the transfer is complete. As engineers get to work boosting the performance of your electronic mind so you can now think as a god, a nurse heaves your fleshy brain into a bag of medical waste. As you—for now let's just call it "you"—start a new chapter of existence exclusively within a machine, an existence that will last as long as there are server farms and hard-disk space and the solar power to run them, are "you" still actually you?​

It doesn't sound very fun to me.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
toldailytopic: If science advanced so that you could live indefinitely would you choose to?

No. I love this life, but I'd be curious about what God had in mind for me next. But I'd like to know how many of our atheist friends who've made the "sweet brevity of life" argument against the eternal would be changing their tune, relatively speaking. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

No.
I'm getting kinda tired from the aches and pains that comes with old age.
I'm looking forward to the rest, and to be with my LORD.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

No.
I'm getting kinda tired from the aches and pains that comes with old age.
I'm looking forward to the rest, and to be with my LORD.

What if you got the body of a 22 year old when it happened?

Quincy

I take indefinitely to mean longer, not being immortal. I don't think science will ever grant us immortality but i do believe we may get the average age up to 100 and even see people live to be 150+ some day. I'd love to live for 150, 200, 300 or ever how many years before I finally gave out.

heir

TOL Subscriber
2 Corinthians 5:8 KJV We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

highlife

It might be cool if you could live long enough to see the second comming of christ, at that point you would never have to experience death.

dave3712

You have all lived many lives but can not recall them because you ancient of ancient Unconscious mind is closed to you until the next evolutionary step occurs and you can "open the door" using your Good Shepherd, Conscience, as the only one of your thinking apparati permitted to do so:

1) Lucifer = ............... Id
2) Satan =........ ...........Libido
3) Mammon = ............ Ego
4) Devil = .................. Anima
5) Beelzebub = .......... Self
6) False Prophet =.......Superego
7) False Shepherd = ... Harmony

8) The Good Shepherd = ...Conscience

Freudhead.jpg

Granite

Hall of Fame
There'd have to be the option of choosing to die. It'd be an incredible journey and one heck of an adventure but I have to believe that if I lived for, say, three thousand years, I might decide just to end things.