toldailytopic: If it was proved that homosexuality was genetic, would it then make it

Silent Hunter

Well, aren't you just a little moron.
Well, aren't you just the pathetic little name dropper . . .

Do you know just how stupid you are?
My intelligence isn't at issue. Had you actually bothered to read the OP you would understand my response.

God did not create people to be queer.
. . . and you know this . . . how . . . exactly?

Being queer is not genetic.
So says your assertion.

And God did not actively harden Pharaoh's heart, rather his heart was hardened because of his disdain for God which came about as a result of his seeing absolute, undeniable proof that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob was not a myth.
BALONEY! Perhaps you should actually READ Exodus.

And people like you claim you would accept God if you saw something similar.
You have no idea of my threshold of proof miss know-it-all.

Pharaoh is proof positive that people don't open their hearts to God in the wake of signs and wonders.
:blabla:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It happened by circumstances. The parent/people is involved in making it happen. The surrounded environment or events made it happened. God placed all that there without forcing the unregenrated to be a sodomite. He placed it all there knowing the the fag will become the sodomite. The homo did it all on his/her own. The pervert disired to remain non Elect as he is totally unable to become a believer, anyway. It's called totaly depravity as if God didn't force man to sin. They did it on thier own. Lets not try to blame it on God.
You are doing exactly the opposite of what you say we should try not to do; you are blaming it on God.

missrustyb

abominations

abominations

hi again...correct me if i am wrong...i don't know of any scripture that calls homosexuality an abomination...it's the act that is an abomination to YHVH (God). We are told to take captive all thoughts that are not of YHVH. When an enemy is taken captive they are surrounded and locked up. Society changes, but YHVH never does.

ThePresbyteers

You are doing exactly the opposite of what you say we should try not to do; you are blaming it on God.
God being the First Cause of All things means that all secondary causes cannot occur UNLESS the First Cause has ordained them or decreed them to occur. There is therefore, no libertarian free second causes because they are ALL contingent upon the First Cause.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
God being the First Cause of All things means that all secondary causes cannot occur UNLESS the First Cause has ordained them or decreed them to occur. There is therefore, no libertarian free second causes because they are ALL contingent upon the First Cause.
What a load of bologna!

rexlunae

toldailytopic: If it was proved that homosexuality was genetic, would it then make it okay?

No. It would be "okay", as you put it, whether or not there was a genetic component. The important question is, who does it hurt? I don't think it hurts anyone.

alwight

toldailytopic: If it was proved that homosexuality was genetic, would it then make it okay?
It would be okay for those who are not fundie Christians, homophobic bigots or believers to make their own minds up what about they do in private as consenting adults, just as it is now.:idea:

Fundies however might be too busy wondering why a loving God would ever make someone gay only to make them pay dearly eternally should they ever be tempted to act on it?
Meanwhile those who have no such temptation bestowed on them at birth will apparently get a walk in the park to eternal bliss. :liberals:
It does not compute.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fundies however might be too busy wondering why a loving God would ever make someone gay only to make them pay dearly eternally should they ever be tempted to act on it?
Alwight - king of the straw man.

If you want to try debate theology, learn what it is that the bible actually teaches instead of spouting nonsense. :thumb:

lovemeorhateme

God doesn't make people gay. People are tempted by sin. Some people get tempted more by certain sins than others. For some that might be fornication, or adultery, or stealing, or any other of a number of sins.

And for some, it is homosexual lust that is the temptation. I've been there, I know what it's like, I know how powerful those feelings and emotions can be. I also know how easy it is when you're in that situation to swallow the lie that you are born gay and you can't change it.

But I also know the power of God to save and set people free, for he both saved me and set me free.

alwight

Alwight - king of the straw man.

If you want to try debate theology, learn what it is that the bible actually teaches instead of spouting nonsense. :thumb:
Thank you for your opinion Stripe, but you do not compute. :nono:

alwight

God doesn't make people gay. People are tempted by sin. Some people get tempted more by certain sins than others. For some that might be fornication, or adultery, or stealing, or any other of a number of sins.
Bald assertions.
Sorry but clearly we all look somewhat different and our traits and attributes too though often similar are not all the same, nor are we all born equal mentally. We are apparently anyway simply that which our genes ordained for us imo, not what a man made theology supposes it to be.

And for some, it is homosexual lust that is the temptation. I've been there, I know what it's like, I know how powerful those feelings and emotions can be. I also know how easy it is when you're in that situation to swallow the lie that you are born gay and you can't change it.

But I also know the power of God to save and set people free, for he both saved me and set me free.
The only lie here imo comes from those who claim to know that sexual orientation is somehow a separate thing from all of our other mental traits and attributes.
Taking "advice" from certain individuals on TOL for example. :nono:

Clearly for my two cents you still wrestle with being gay but because you have decided that your inbuilt wiring is "sin" therefore you attempt to deal with it, wrongly imo, within a strict religious environment as though you are somehow guilty and to "blame".
You have perhaps swallowed the guilt lie.
But it just isn't true, there is no "blame" because being gay is not "wrong" in itself any more than is anyone else's sexuality.

If I were you I would deal with who "I" think I am rather than be told who I am by certain fundamentalist righteous others. Others who, very likely, are not gay themselves but who are actually homophobic, wielding their particular interpretation of an ancient doctrine at you, a supposedly "evil sinner", its just such cobblers, you're not, really.:plain: