toldailytopic: Gays in the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

And

And

I've seen some queer females that I wouldn't want to tangle with. I've also known plenty of female sailors and soldiers as well as today: veterans whom I respect and admire, but still wouldn't want to serve with queers openly serving in the military. My cousin was queer, and was the highest ranking female in the Marine Corps when she retired, who still commands my respect and admiration; but serving openly is just opening a can of worms we don't need opened. I say let the policy stand as it is.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I didn't bring up the subject, moron, I'm simply breaking it down for those not being critical enough in their thinking, such as yourself. :duh:

The only person who brought up female-on-female rape is you. I don't see any need for prurience in this thread.

Aimiel

The only person who brought up female-on-female rape is you. I don't see any need for prurience in this thread.
I simply explained that female queers are a danger to other females, and the topic is sexual in nature... if you don't want to talk or read about it, perhaps you'd enjoy other threads more, since this one obviously is for the grown-ups. :chuckle:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Anyone foolish enough to be queer, doesn't deserve to serve in the military.

I, for one, wouldn't want to trust my life in a foxhole to a queer next to me, who knows I'm straight. Their psyche is messed up, and they just aren't normal... in fact we have a word for their condition: queer. It isn't necessary or acceptable to allow them to serve our country's armed forces. It's folly.

My cousin was queer, and was the highest ranking female in the Marine Corps when she retired, who still commands my respect and admiration; but serving openly is just opening a can of worms we don't need opened. I say let the policy stand as it is.

I simply explained that female queers are a danger to other females

? Having some difficulty here?

1. They don't deserve to serve.
2. They just aren't normal.
3. They are a danger.

4.My cousin still commands my respect and admiration. ....Ya know, the cousin that is a queer?

Stupid is as stupid does.

You respect and admire your cousin because you know her and have seen her demonstrate her loyalty and dedication to the Marine Corps by serving with honor.

But you don't believe that other queers could ever be as she was?

Or do you think that you are the only one that is qualified morally to make that determination?

I think your prejudice is over shadowing your limited common sense.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I simply explained that female queers are a danger to other females, and the topic is sexual in nature... if you don't want to talk or read about it, perhaps you'd enjoy other threads more, since this one obviously is for the grown-ups. :chuckle:

Except for your cousin!

Granite

Hall of Fame
I simply explained that female queers are a danger to other females...

This is typical homophobe paranoia: believe it or not, not every lesbian on the planet wants to have sex with every woman they see, nor more than every gay dude around wants to have sex with every man they see.

Aimiel

I think your prejudice is over shadowing your limited common sense.
Or is your common sense overshadowed by your sheer ignorance. She never mentioned being queer to anyone in the military, and kept her private life private, as everyone should, not just queers. Allowing the queers to come out of the closet of shame they belong in isn't a good thing. They're ashamed because they know what they're doing is wrong.

Yes, I admire the extreme courage and dedication that my cousin had, serving in the Pentagon. I also admire her wisdom, in never revealing her sexuality to the public, or her parents. I don't admire her lifestyle choices, but her singular dedication and the good she did for our country and women in the military in particular.

Aimiel

This is typical homophobe paranoia: believe it or not, not every lesbian on the planet wants to have sex with every woman they see, nor more than every gay dude around wants to have sex with every man they see.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me. :chuckle:

GuySmiley

Seriously? You think a person's sexual preference somehow makes them completely incapable of effective violence? I suppose women in the military is out too...
Of course I'm serious, I'm always serious. And pink isn't a good color for comouflage either, although running around limp-wristed may throw off the perception of the enemy that the soldier is a danger to him.

Arthur Brain

Or is your common sense overshadowed by your sheer ignorance. She never mentioned being queer to anyone in the military, and kept her private life private, as everyone should, not just queers. Allowing the queers to come out of the closet of shame they belong in isn't a good thing. They're ashamed because they know what they're doing is wrong.

Yes, I admire the extreme courage and dedication that my cousin had, serving in the Pentagon. I also admire her wisdom, in never revealing her sexuality to the public, or her parents. I don't admire her lifestyle choices, but her singular dedication and the good she did for our country and women in the military in particular.

So on the one hand it's folly to allow gays to serve in the military, and on the other you concede that your own gay cousin performed military service with dedication and served the country with honour. You're all over the map.

Aimiel

I honestly don't mind queers, whether in public, as friends or in the military. I'm sure I served alongside many. I'm friends with many, I'm sure; though I don't know of any and don't want to. It's when they're out of the closet that I simply can't stand them. It strikes me as... er, um, well: QUEER. It just isn't right.

Arthur Brain

I honestly don't mind queers, whether in public, as friends or in the military. I'm sure I served alongside many. I'm friends with many, I'm sure; though I don't know of any and don't want to. It's when they're out of the closet that I simply can't stand them. It strikes me as... er, um, well: QUEER. It just isn't right.

So gays should in fact be allowed to serve in the military then, just as long as they don't admit that they are....

Aimiel

I don't believe queers ought to be allowed in the military, and neither does the US Armed Forces. That's why we have: "Don't Ask Don't Tell." If they're known to be queer, they're OUT.

Arthur Brain

I don't believe queers ought to be allowed in the military, and neither does the US Armed Forces. That's why we have: "Don't Ask Don't Tell." If they're known to be queer, they're OUT.

So your cousin really shouldn't have been allowed to serve then should she? Despite the apparently sterling job she did and all the good she served for her country and fellow soldiers she shouldn't have been there right?

Aimiel

I can't say... as I don't have any idea whether she was queer back then, or if it came about during her service to our country or since. :idunno:

Had she been under my command and I found out about her being queer, she'd have been put out. The Uniform Code of Military Justice applies every soldier, sailor and marine, uniformly.

Arthur Brain

I can't say... as I don't have any idea whether she was queer back then, or if it came about during her service to our country or since. :idunno:

Had she been under my command and I found out about her being queer, she'd have been put out. The Uniform Code of Military Justice applies every soldier, sailor and marine, uniformly.

Whenever it manifested it certainly didn't affect her ability to do the job to the highest standard did it? If you'd had your way in command you'd have deprived the military of a top ranking soldier for no good reason.

Everyone knows that the military, like every over profession, has it's share of gays so the sooner it's recognized and not shoved under the carpet the better.

Aimiel

It would have hampered her ability to do her job, had she been exposed, as that would be a violation of the UCMJ. Personally, I wouldn't serve in a military that allows open queers, any more than I'd serve in a military that used blacks in only galley (kitchen) work or other subservient duties. Asking straight service men and women to serve alongside queers simply isn't right.

keypurr

Homos are just sinners like all of us.

Until I get the log out of my eye I will not see the speck in theirs.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.