toldailytopic: Does your opinion about homosexuality change if the behavior turns out

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The point I am getting at is that you cannot guarantee those moral tolerances will not change, just as the moral tolerances toward homosexuality eventually changed.

Homosexuality has not changed, only the tolerance of it.

Perhaps that has to do with the fact that homosexuality between consenting adults is not even in the same universe as murder, rape and child molestation.

some other dude

Do they do this out in the open OR do they do this privately and coax or threaten the child to keep *their little secret*? Why do you suppose pedophiles do not make their relationships with children public? :think:

Same reason homos hid their activities fifty years ago.

Arthur Brain

The point I am getting at is that you cannot guarantee those moral tolerances will not change, just as the moral tolerances toward homosexuality eventually changed.

Homosexuality has not changed, only the tolerance of it.

Yes it changed, just as moral attitudes towards slavery changed, just as moral attitudes towards women changed, just as attitudes towards racism changed, and frankly children also. It's not that long ago that kids were expected to work in dangerous professions such as chimney sweeps etc until society 'grew up'....

So nowadays we have no slavery, equal rights for women, equal rights for people regardless of skin colour, and laws in place protecting kids from cruel child labour......oh, and equal rights for gay people too. Tell me, would you sooner go back 200 years?

:plain:

some other dude

Yes it changed, just as moral attitudes towards slavery changed, just as moral attitudes towards women changed, just as attitudes towards racism changed, and frankly children also. It's not that long ago that kids were expected to work in dangerous professions such as chimney sweeps etc until society 'grew up'....

So nowadays we have no slavery, equal rights for women, equal rights for people regardless of skin colour, and laws in place protecting kids from cruel child labour......oh, and equal rights for gay people too. Tell me, would you sooner go back 200 years?

:plain:

:darwinsm:

That's the choice?

Accept pedophilia or children have to become chimney sweeps?

Very tardly artie! :thumb:

Arthur Brain

:darwinsm:

That's the choice?

Accept pedophilia or children have to become chimney sweeps?

Very tardly artie! :thumb:

Ok. You've obviously missed the attention during your ban as you were supposedly disinterested in engaging with any debate with me prior to it. Now here you are spamming up this thread and then directly addressing myself for some reason after it's expired....

Anyone with an IQ of 45 would have realized I wasn't presenting such a "choice" as you describe. So do us both a favour, take your tired boring 'tardly'antics elsewhere as I won't be addressing you any further. You've gone beyond tedious now, and it should surely be apparent to even you after recent events that I'm far from alone in that opinion. A shame and hopefully one you'll rectify in time.

:e4e:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I do see a lack of morals.
And that is why I WANT a line drawn.
And that is why I get upset when I see those with a lack of morals try to keep dimming the line little by little.

The line is already drawn, you dipstick.

Gay people will have sex. They will get married. And there is nothing whatsoever you can do about it. While we're at it, people everywhere are about to have tons of sex (RIGHT NOW) which involves absolutely none of your input. Thankfully.

Which is all this really boils down to: your fury at the idea that someone, somewhere, is having a very good time.

some other dude

The line is already drawn, you dipstick.

Gay people will have sex. They will get married. And there is nothing whatsoever you can do about it. While we're at it, people everywhere are about to have tons of sex (RIGHT NOW) which involves absolutely none of your input. Thankfully.

Which is all this really boils down to: your fury at the idea that someone, somewhere, is having a very good time.

:darwinsm: You are such an excitable little moron.

Skavau

You apparantly haven't read my posts.

There is a big difference in being destroyed in hellfire (Biblical lake of fire) and being tortured for eternity (Greek myth of Tartarus).
So you are an annihilationist?

More moral, at least.

Stop being morally contemptible and repent.
Get stuffed. You don't convert people by just repeatedly insisting that they ought to convert. Didn't work for Muslims on me, won't work now.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If it is announced that it is genetic then someone's lying.

Sure: the breakthrough will not be one of the most significant and landmark scientific discoveries of our time, but will be regarded by some as just one more installment in the Master Gay Conspiracy.

Reminds me of that proverbial tale, rube goes to a zoo, sees a giraffe for the first time, stares at the giraffe with his arms crossed, says: "Ain't no such thing."

PureX

Does your opinion about homosexuality change if the behavior turns out to be genetic?
It's a combination of genetics, socialization, and personal choice. Also there are degrees of homosexuality. Some involve only the desire to dress or look like the opposite sex. Some involve sexual activity with the same and opposite sexes, and some involve only same sexual activity.

It's always been a mistake to try and cover such a complex issue with over-simplified resolutions and proclamations. My ideas of homosexuality haven't changed because I understood the complexity of the issue to begin with.

Cracked

I don't believe in gods or other mythological creatures either.

How many times have you posted this very same line? I think, perhaps, you should just put it as your signature and then you could just skip the apparently necessary, automatic post in every thread.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Culture warrior, I was just being sarcastic and kidding. I'm not trying to "justify" homosexuality. I just saying that in this supposedly enlightened and civilized age, people should not be obsessed with what other people do in private and try to persecute others just because they happen to disapprove of their lifestyles.
Sheesh ! And it's true. Animals were sometimes put on trial and executed in the middle ages, because people were unbelievably stupid and ignorant back then.
I fear that America is getting closer and closer to reverting back to those middle ages. Just look at Michele Bachmann. . . . . .