toldailytopic: Does your opinion about homosexuality change if the behavior turns out

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll tell you how I suppose that is.
Because the line has not yet been moved.
Just as the homosexuals use to hide their activity before the line was moved.

Tolerance for immorality is becoming the new fad.
No more shame, just tolerance.

Apples and oranges. Unless clouded by religious reasons, most individuals understand the difference between a CONSENTING ADULT as opposed to a child.

BTW, you don't have to *tolerate* what you claim is immorality. You are not required to hang out with gays at parties, clubs or invite them into your home.

If one comes to your door, you have as much right to slam the door in their face as I would in the face of a religious fanatic.

Also, as we can see, you are allowed to speak freely on the internet and spread the hatred. Guess that's just not enough for some people.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The massive difference between homosexuality and paedophilia is adult consent.
The massive difference between what used to be a marriage and what is a marriage today was male and female.

That line of massive difference is being erased.

Don't be too sure that the future will not erase more lines, all in the name of tolerance.

It's already being argued that girls as young as 11 or 12 used to be able to marry.

Unless you think rape and murder
Rape and murder are forced, no matter what the age. I am not talking about force.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, as we can see, you are allowed to speak freely on the internet and spread the hatred.
It's not about hatred.
It's about tolerance and shame.

Adulterers should be shamed, not tolerated.
Pedophiles should be shamed, not tolerated.
Homosexuals should be shamed, not tolerated.

Arthur Brain

I'll tell you how I suppose that is.
Because the line has not yet been moved.
Just as the homosexuals use to hide their activity before the line was moved.

Tolerance for immorality is becoming the new fad.
No more shame, just tolerance.

Tambora, do you think the 'line' will be removed in regards to rape and murder? People have become more tolerant in regards to consentual adult sexual practices for sure, but not in regards to anything that violates children. There's been recent crackdowns in the UK regarding 'paedophile' rings and much has been tracked through the internet itself.

Homosexuals were more or less forced to hide their inclinations let alone any impulses acted upon which is a different thing altogether. Then again women like yourself would have been frowned upon for even venturing an opinion like this at one point so what about that? Slaves and black people were treat like crap also in times past. The hypocrisy in regards to the fixation regarding homosexuality is simply a joke.

some other dude

Tambora, do you think the 'line' will be removed in regards to rape and murder? People have become more tolerant in regards to consentual adult sexual practices for sure, but not in regards to anything that violates children. There's been recent crackdowns in the UK regarding 'paedophile' rings and much has been tracked through the internet itself.

Homosexuals were more or less forced to hide their inclinations let alone any impulses acted upon which is a different thing altogether. Then again women like yourself would have been frowned upon for even venturing an opinion like this at one point so what about that? Slaves and black people were treat like crap also in times past. The hypocrisy in regards to the fixation regarding homosexuality is simply a joke.

Classic! :darwinsm:

Slaves, black people, women, homosexuals...

next?

Pedophiles!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tambora, do you think the 'line' will be removed in regards to rape and murder?
Actually, in regard to rape, I think the line has become more distinct in recent years.
There was a time when it was very hard to convict of rape. And if a woman was dressed a certain way, or even had a drink in a pub, it was thought that they were 'asking for it'.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not about hatred.
It's about tolerance and shame.

Adulterers should be shamed, not tolerated.

I haven't seen anyone defending adulterers. The only thing I will ever say in their defense is that the act of adultery is not worthy of the death penalty.

Pedophiles should be shamed, not tolerated.

They aren't tolerated ... so why do you keep going on about them.

Homosexuals should be shamed, not tolerated.

This is nothing more than your own biased opinion based solely on religion. However, nothing is keeping you from shaming them. Just don't expect us or homosexuals to taking the *shaming* seriously.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, in regard to rape, I think the line has become more distinct in recent years.
There was a time when it was very hard to convict of rape. And if a woman was dressed a certain way, or even had a drink in a pub, it was thought that they were 'asking for it'.

In that case, your claims about homosexuality leading to the acceptance of pedophilia make no sense. As you say, rape is LESS tolerated in this day and age. If we are tolerating rape less, then why would something as loathsome as pedophilia (which is worse than rape IMO) be tolerated?

Arthur Brain

The massive difference between what used to be a marriage and what is a marriage today was male and female.

That line of massive difference is being erased.

Don't be too sure that the future will not erase more lines, all in the name of tolerance.

It's already being argued that girls as young as 11 or 12 used to be able to marry.

They used to be able to marry at such an age in aeons past. If you look at how societies were back then and life expectancy then you can hardly expect the more civilized attitudes that we're accustomed to in the present to accept it. In some societies it was even younger than that.

We live in a modern age now. The big difference that you are still not getting is the protection of the young as oppose to tolerance towards same sex adult relationships. If you think there wouldn't be an outcry amongst the West in general if age of consent laws were lowered below 16 then I think you're hardly being objective on the issue at all.

Rape and murder are forced, no matter what the age. I am not talking about force.

So is child molestation whether the child 'willingly' gives 'consent' or otherwise hence the age laws in regard. If they were to go under 16 I'd be as vocal in opposition as I'd be shocked by it.

Tolerance towards consentual adult behaviour ain't even in the same ball park. Idiots like SOD may be unable to understand the differentiation but I sure hope you can no matter how much you may despise what consentual adults get up to in their bedrooms.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I haven't seen anyone defending adulterers. The only thing I will ever say in their defense is that the act of adultery is not worthy of the death penalty.
What would you consider an adequate penalty?

They aren't tolerated ... so why do you keep going on about them.
Because I see the same trend of logic that homosexuals used to become tolerated.

This is nothing more than your own biased opinion based solely on religion. However, nothing is keeping you from shaming them. Just don't expect us or homosexuals to taking the *shaming* seriously.
Primarily based on morals, yes.
And also based on anatomy.

Arthur Brain

In that case, your claims about homosexuality leading to the acceptance of pedophilia make no sense. As you say, rape is LESS tolerated in this day and age. If we are tolerating rape less, then why would something as loathsome as pedophilia (which is worse than rape IMO) be tolerated?

Good point....Where I used to work there was both a gay man and a lesbian working in the office. I only realized after a few weeks because neither "advertised" it and they were as accepted as everyone else. One day there was a news story on the radio regarding a paedo circle which had been infiltrated by the police and the universal condemnation in the office for such was complete. Funny that unless the office I worked in was an anomaly....

People seriously need to get a clue if they reckon child abuse is linked or would be tolerated because of not ostracizing homosexuals.

:plain:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We live in a modern age now. The big difference that you are still not getting is the protection of the young as oppose to tolerance towards same sex adult relationships.
The point I am getting at is that you cannot guarantee those moral tolerances will not change, just as the moral tolerances toward homosexuality eventually changed.

Homosexuality has not changed, only the tolerance of it.

some other dude

They used to be able to marry at such an age in aeons past. If you look at how societies were back then and life expectancy then you can hardly expect the more civilized attitudes that we're accustomed to in the present to accept it. In some societies it was even younger than that.

We live in a modern age now. The big difference that you are still not getting is the protection of the young as oppose to tolerance towards same sex adult relationships. If you think there wouldn't be an outcry amongst the West in general if age of consent laws were lowered below 16 then I think you're hardly being objective on the issue at all.

So is child molestation whether the child 'willingly' gives 'consent' or otherwise hence the age laws in regard. If they were to go under 16 I'd be as vocal in opposition as I'd be shocked by it.

Tolerance towards consentual adult behaviour ain't even in the same ball park. Idiots like SOD may be unable to understand the differentiation but I sure hope you can no matter how much you may despise what consentual adults get up to in their bedrooms.

Many states have provisions for legal sexual contact in certain circumstances as low as the age of 12.

some other dude

Never forget that progressives/liberals/leftists/democrats have given us:

Societal acceptance of abortion
Societal acceptance of homosexuality

and

***coming soon to an America near you!***

Societally acceptable pedophilia!

Yay!

Let's hear it for those wonderful progressives/liberals/leftists/democrats!

Thanks for all the dead babies!
Thanks for all the homos!

Honestly, you can keep the pedophiles to yourselves.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The operative word being "forced" against one's will.

There are pedophiles who do not "force" themselves on children, but merely coax, court, and shower with affection.
Just like adults do to each other.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Sole custody of the children to the parent that didn't cheat, including maximum child support till 18 years of age. The non cheating spouse should receive monetary compensation as far as being rewarded all money from the bank accounts and all personal and real estate property.

From personal experience of having divorced my children's father, I can tell you that I would have never approved of the death penalty because no child deserves to have the law permanently remove their parent for a private issue in their marriage.

Because I see the same trend of logic that homosexuals used to become tolerated.

Up until the time when I was a teenager, I didn't hear a lot about gays. However, back then, homosexuality was much more tolerated. So I do not see a trend of everyone now tolerating them. Besides, you do not have to socialize or befriend them. Why is that not enough?

The only thing a homosexuals anatomy does not allow them to do is bear children with one another.

Arthur Brain

I'd consider it to be none of my business. Private relations between consenting adults are just that.

You mean being treat as actual human beings instead of having to remain in the closet because of bigoted attitudes and bullying were they to come out of it? Have you ever had same gender attraction? I haven't....but I can imagine how awful it would be to have to hide such under an opressive society that hides behind self righteous mores under the guise of morality....

Does that mean that heterosexuals who engage in certain practices that are neither adulterous or homosexual should be paying a penalty as well then?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The operative word being "forced" against one's will.

There are pedophiles who do not "force" themselves on children, but merely coax, court, and shower with affection.

Do they do this out in the open OR do they do this privately and coax or threaten the child to keep *their little secret*? Why do you suppose pedophiles do not make their relationships with children public? :think:

Just like adults do to each other.

Since when do we put children on the same level as adults? Children are not allowed to do MANY things that adults are allowed to do. Drive, drink, smoke, LEGALLY have sex, etc.

So no, it's not "just like adults do to each other".