toldailytopic: Does the current anti-gun climate make you more or less likely to purc

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 7th, 2013 10:23 AM

toldailytopic: Does the current anti-gun climate make you more or less likely to purchase firearms?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
More likely ... before the anti-gun lunatic fringe manages to get legislation passed.

Buzzword

Who has the money to afford guns nowadays?

I can barely pay rent.

Also my father-in-law owns every gun I could ever want, and my wife is his sole beneficiary.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How many do you have now ?

1. a home made single shot 12 ga shotgun (because I could)
2. A 45 semi auto handgun (that resides at my sons house his 22 rifle resides at my house)
3. Last week week I sold a 9 mm semi auto carbine (It is targeted by the assault weapons ban so the price went way up) and bought a .22 semi auto pistol.

Guns 4, 5 and 6 are three civil war reproduction cap and ball revolvers. They are not regulated as firearms by the ATF, since they are not "cartridge guns" though I believe they are still not legal for felons to own.

And with the rest of the money from the sale of my carbine, I am currently shopping for a pump action shotgun. Which will make a total of 7

Quincy

I live in a forest and there are bears. I feel no different about guns then I ever have. They are needed by some for protection though certainly overrated.

Quincy

Exactly, they have their practical uses but seem to get too glorified or demonized. They are just are tool.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
I was and am just as likely as I've always been. HOWEVER, due to the recent climate change, my wife insisted that I make some/a purchase(s).

:banana:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Does the current anti-gun climate make you more or less likely to purchase firearms?

I'm not likely to buy any additional ones. That climate doesn't exist in the South, at least not in my neck of the woods where most of the guns are handed down. Jack will eventually learn to shoot with the 410 my grandfather taught me to shoot with. Now and then we add a good piece to the family collection, but that's about it.

I've always believed you needed tighter gun control in cities, where people live so close together and in such great numbers that the sheer number of stupid people in close proximity demands a formal restraint.

In the country, where hunting and gun use are traditions and approached with sufficient gravity, the people who don't have any business with them tend to cull themselves from the herd by accident or incarceration in fairly short order. As for the passing trouble, we have real neighborhoods and real neighbors who keep an eye and ear out. Given our traditions and the common knowledge of it, few people wander onto our property in order to attempt to relieve us of any.

That seems to work.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
toldailytopic: Does the current anti-gun climate make you more or less likely to purchase firearms?

If the price wasn't prohibitive (in my case, at least), I would buy one or two. But, for now, I can't afford it.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for January 7th, 2013 10:23 AM

More likely to buy more guns, and more ammo, being these clowns think that rationing ammo is the key....ever heard of reloading? I would say stock up!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It would make me more likely to but them, because I just don't like liberal laws. I am that way. I dig in my heels.