toldailytopic: Do you believe the Devil is actively involved in peoples daily lives i

IMJerusha

I mean I am NOT a Preterist. The book of Revelation has NOT happened.

That's odd, I've wondered about that myself. I think if I were to consider the books of the B'rit Chadashah (New Testament) in the order that God wanted them in a timeline of sorts as though Scripture as a whole is prophecy, I would say we're in Jude. I guess that sounds silly but it's something that I've toyed with in my mind for a while.

IMJerusha

Perhaps his own darker nature, tempting him to go a "different direction"? He was a human being, after all.

We do have a tendency to think that Yeshua, in His perfection, wasn't ever tempted to sin. I've never thought of Yeshua as having a darker nature. I'll have to think on that one a while.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 8th, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: Do you believe the Devil is actively involved in peoples daily lives in this day and age?

Yes, there is nothing novel about Satan or his works, he has been around a long time...

Eccl. 1:9 That which has been is that which shall be; and that which has been done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Eccl. 1:10 Is there a thing of which it may be said, “Behold, this is new?” It has been long ago, in the ages which were before us.
Eccl. 1:11 There is no memory of the former; neither shall there be any memory of the latter that are to come, among those that shall come after.

StanJ53

That's odd, I've wondered about that myself. I think if I were to consider the books of the B'rit Chadashah (New Testament) in the order that God wanted them in a timeline of sorts as though Scripture as a whole is prophecy, I would say we're in Jude. I guess that sounds silly but it's something that I've toyed with in my mind for a while.

It was written around the time of the Temple's destruction in Jerusalem, but no mention of that would seem unlikely, so it must be some time shortly before the destruction which was 70AD. Jude does refer a lot to Peter, Paul and Luke.

You may be interested in the following commentary.

http://bible-truth.org/Jude.html

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 8th, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: Do you believe the Devil is actively involved in peoples daily lives in this day and age?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

No, he was defeated and locked up by Jesus, but some seem to have more faith in his power then in Gods. They even know specifically all that he does.

Caino

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

ap_adam_lanza_ll_121217_wg.jpg

120720043140-holmes-colorado-suspect-horizontal-gallery.jpg

121224-spengler-webster-ny-115p.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

art.omaha.abortion.clinic.1.cnn.jpg

obama-devil-hand.jpg

why yes

yes I do