toldailytopic: Do you believe the Devil is actively involved in peoples daily lives i

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 8th, 2013 06:00 AM

toldailytopic: Do you believe the Devil is actively involved in peoples daily lives in this day and age?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No ... I think people use that excuse as a way to avoid taking responsibility for their own actions.

I blame Flip Wilson.

Granite

Hall of Fame
As the singer said, I hate people who blame the devil for their own shortcomings.

PureX

toldailytopic: Do you believe the Devil is actively involved in peoples daily lives in this day and age?
There is no "devil". There is only our own willful ignorance, selfishness, greed, lust, stupidity, and rage.

LKmommy

Yes evil/sin/satan is all around. People have free will to choose.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Depends--It all boils down to people's free will. They can choose to follow the ways of the devil or to accept Jesus into their lives. "The Devil made me do it" is a cop out. The person does it of his own free will.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No

Satan has been bound while the Saints reign with Christ a thousand years.

However, fallen angels (demons) exist, and man has a sin nature.

not4sure

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

We weren't given armor for a fashion show.

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

TruthSetsFree

i second Post 2

and the devil is particularly active when people defy him

he doesn't like that

doesn't like when people like Jesus more than him

but sometimes people who love Jesus

DO like him more than Jesus...

becassue we are weak and clueless...

need Jesus more often than we think

The Glory Land

:devil:
images

oatmeal

The Devil is the one with the power of death.

Hebrews 2:14

"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;"

As long as people keep dying, but there will be a day when the final enemy, death, shall be destroyed. I Corinthians 15:26

Until then, death and the one with the power of death, the devil, is "alive and well"

The devil, and his subtle ways, referred to as Satan/the thief, etc., is actively involved in this world in many ways.

John 10:10

We must choose who we will serve.

God only or not.

Matthew 4:10

Luke 4:8

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No

Satan has been bound while the Saints reign with Christ a thousand years.

However, fallen angels (demons) exist, and man has a sin nature.

Do you believe demons are actively involved?

When did Satan's binding begin?