toldailytopic: Been there, done that.

Todah

I loved a woman and she didn't love me back.

So I shaved me back and she started loving me again. :)

That's the one thing, I haven't tried yet.

Being Irish, I would shave mee back and mee front, and even mee head, if methinks it would pleeze the bonnie lass!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hoping to get raptured to escape the tribulation.

Been there, done that.

I told you he/she/it was outisde the faith.

Crucified, raised up, sealed by the Holy Spirit until I get my glorified body.

Been there, had it done to me.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tried to pick up Jerry Lewis' daughter (when she was little; '94 or '95) and she ran away from me on live TV.

Been there, done that.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Driving on a snowy road and a rig is in the middle coming the opposite way. No room to avoid him, so my black Taurus rolls into a ditch. I crawl out with only a bruised elbow.

Been there done that.

Krsto

:shocked:
How bad was the shark bite?

Ha! Not too bad. He just bit my finger. I had this mud shark up on the dock and I thought he was dead so I was feeling how sharp his 3 rows of teeth were and it must have had a nervous reaction and bit my finger. I am probably the only person to ever get bit by a Puget Sound mud shark (which average 2 or 3 feet long).

That's my one claim to fame. :banana:

:plain:

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Been in a large earthquake while sleeping in old army bunk beds. My sister was on the top bunk and I was one the bottom. My sister shouts. "Quit shaking the bed!"

Been there done that.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, It knocked some stuff down and our rental had new cracks in the stucco. We got through fairly unscathed. I am glad I don't live in California anymore. It was Sylmar Quake in 1971.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Saw Rodney Dangerfield shuffle across the MGM lobby in pajamas holding a big beer mug, with a gorgeous 20-something blond girl on his arm.
Been there done that

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sailed aboard the USS Forrestal--an Old Aircraft carrier we affectionately called the Forest Fire. She had a kitchen fire when I was aboard her.

Been there done that.

Krsto

Yeah, It knocked some stuff down and our rental had new cracks in the stucco. We got through fairly unscathed. I am glad I don't live in California anymore. It was Sylmar Quake in 1971.

After experiencing a 6.6 when I was a first-grader waiting to get into the school building in Shelton (about 20 miles from Olympia) and a small one (5.1) while working in Tacoma I was itchin' for a medium sized quake - one that messes things up but doesn't bring any buildings down. I got that with the Murray Island quake of 2001, a 6.8 that pretty well trashed our offices at the House office building in Olympia while we were working. Fortunately it wasn't a 7 point something because judging from the cracks in the ground the Senate office building which was right at the edge of a bluff 200 feet above Capital Lake would have slid down the bank and ended up in the lake. Fortunately also my house in Puyullup suffered little damage.

I've had my fill of quakes for awhile. Been there, done that.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Have performed in Italy, Switzerland, Australia,New Zealand, Fiji and Samoa
as a horn player. Have auditioned (unsuccessfully) for the New York Philharmonic and other top orchestras.
Have performed all kinds of classical music with numerous orchestras,concert bands,opera companies and other groups . Have known,studied and worked with many well-known classical musicians.