TOL Cruise: More than a 3 hour tour...

C

cattyfan

the Somewhere Beyond the Sea quiz has a possible score of 16...

Captain Knight scored 12. (very good!)

C

cattyfan

Oooo! Thursday we dock at my favorite of all places: Barbados. This English-influenced island is marvelously cordial. The residents here are unfailingly warm...they even drive politely. The culture here is conservative...very conservative.

Day trips here will include a 6 hour catamaran excursion during which you'll swim with sea turtles. There is also a trip to Oisten's Fish Fry (an open air market of booths featuring fresh fish dishes and other culinary treats.)

Best of all is the tour of the world's oldest rum factory, Mount Gay Rum. The company was begun 302 years ago, ironoically founded by a man whose last name was Sober. At the end of the tour you'll meet Chesterfield Brown, the resident Mount Gay bartender. I highly recommend his Bajan Smile...but be careful. More than one can make your lips numb. (I speak from experience.)

This island offers some great historical sights, including some monuments to American forces. (I won't ruin the tour by giving you details.) There are also some stunning local artists whose work can be viewed in Bridgetown.

For a beach, take a taxi to Casuarina. It's the most pristine beach I've ever found...and it's a two minute walk from there to one of the best Italian restaurants in the world, Luigi's.

If I had to move to another country, this is the one I would choose.

Enjoy your day!

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
cattyfan said:
Best of all is the tour of the world's oldest rum factory, Mount Gay Rum. The company was begun 302 years ago, ironoically founded by a man whose last name was Sober. At the end of the tour you'll meet Chesterfield Brown, the resident Mount Gar bartender. I highly recommend his Bajan Smile...but be careful. More than can make your lips numb. (I speak from experience.
Well... I hope you all realize what that means... Today, I am Captain Morgan!

Army of One

cattyfan said:
Here, Captain...let me help: here's some of the world's finest rum and another bartender.
Um...when I scan over the new bartenders pic, it says that he's a gay bartender!:noid:

C

cattyfan

Army of One said:
Um...when I scan over the new bartenders pic, it says that he's a gay bartender!:noid:

It's short for Mount Gay bartender...and the name of the company is not some sort of directive for beanieboy and company. When the company was founded and named more than three centuries ago, gay still meant happy.

By the way, homosexuality is against the law in Barbados. That is also the island that refused to let a cruise for homosexuals dock.

It's a very conservative island.

JoyfulRook

Cool. I like this island more and more! I thought the open air market was great. I made some Barbados Coffee, anyone want some?

C

cattyfan

Only one person submitted answers for the quiz...

I'm going to post the answers in five minutes or so...