ECT Today's Cheep Shot

Right Divider

Body part
It is nonsense.

IP cannot explain why the LORD did not defend Jerusalem which all the prophets agree that he will do when he comes in vengeance.

70ad was a different prophesied event.

Not "brain science" or "rocket surgery" :)
Indeed, he claims to interpret the OT in light of the NT. But he has no idea that the OT says in the first place.

Danoh

It is nonsense.

IP cannot explain why the LORD did not defend Jerusalem which all the prophets agree that he will do when he comes in vengeance.

70ad was a different prophesied event.

Not "brain science" or "rocket surgery" :)

I don't see it - on what passages of Scripture(s) are you basing your assertion that "70ad was a different prophesied event"?

In other words, that it TOO was a PROPHESIED event...

SaulToPaul 2

I don't see it - on what passages of Scripture(s) are you basing your assertion that "70ad was a different prophesied event"?

In other words, that it TOO was a PROPHESIED event...

Luke 21
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

But there are also the prophecies of regathering, a time of trouble, and the LORD defending them.

There is no need to mistake 70ad with the 2nd coming.

Danoh

Luke 21
22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

But there are also the prophecies of regathering, a time of trouble, and the LORD defending them.

There is no need to mistake 70ad with the 2nd coming.

That IS a description of the second coming, NOT of 70AD.

The days of vengeance were/are prophesied.

70ad fell outside those days...stopped by then.

The (political) times of the Gentiles do not end until some time after the (spiritual) fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

BOTH of which are YET FUTURE.

SaulToPaul 2

That IS a description of the second coming, NOT of 70AD.

The days of vengeance were/are prophesied.

70ad fell outside those days...stopped by then.

The (political) times of the Gentiles do not end until some time after the (spiritual) fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

BOTH of which are YET FUTURE.

Danoh, I find it hard to believe you don't think 70ad was prophesied.

1st coming: The LORD comes, he's rejected, he dies, ascends, Israel is cast away.
Jerusalem destroyed, Israel scattered.

2nd coming: Israel is regathered and the LORD returns to defend them.

Foxfire

Luke is an accounting of things that had already come to pass if one believes the words of it's author.

Luke 1:1 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us,

2just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.

3With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus,

Danoh

Danoh, I find it hard to believe you don't think 70ad was prophesied.

1st coming: The LORD comes, he's rejected, he dies, ascends, Israel is cast away.
Jerusalem destroyed, Israel scattered.

2nd coming: Israel is regathered and the LORD returns to defend them.

You're right; I do NOT hold that 70AD was Prophesied - it took place within the UNprophesied Mystery AGE of Grace.

Even within YOUR understanding that Romans 11:25 had already happened, 70AD is after, and outside of that.

Right Divider

Body part
Luke is an accounting of things that had already come to pass if one believes the words of it's author.
I believe what the author writes:

Luke 1:1-4 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, (1:2) Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; (1:3) It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, (1:4) That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Danoh

Problem with that is that Luke does not write that 70AD took place, nor that it was what was prophesied.

Luke was obviously written earlier than 70AD.

DAN P

You're right; I do NOT hold that 70AD was Prophesied - it took place within the UNprophesied Mystery AGE of Grace.

Even within YOUR understanding that Romans 11:25 had already happened, 70AD is after, and outside of that.

Hi and you feel that Luke 13:6-9 does not apply ??

LOL to you !!

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If I'm reading Danoh right, I agree with him.
Once the age of grace (or whatever you want to call it) began, Israel's prophetic future was on hold.

In the age of grace everyone is on the same playing field, and it ain't through Israel.

DAN P

Once the age of grace (or whatever you want to call it) began, Israel's prophetic future was on hold.

In the age of grace everyone is on the same playing field, and it ain't through Israel.

Hi and where did Danoh say it was on hold ?

The whole book of Acts is a Transition and Acts 28:28 proves it !!

Grace began at Acts 9:6 as Israel was being FAZED OUT and the transition period covers 33 AD to 62 AD or from Acts 9-28 !!

dan ;p

Danoh

Yep; that is what I am referring to.