ECT Today's Cheep Shot

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
And the Lord Christ again:

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

I wonder if any of those OT writings said anything about a final restoration of Israel in the land.
Maybe somebody oughta' look. :idunno:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Act 13:29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.

Does Paul mean by that there is no further prophecy concerning Christ to be fulfilled after His death on the cross?
Nah.

I guess His burial and resurrection are just sorta' hangin' out there beyond prophecy, huh?
That would be correct if one thinks that "all that was written of him" was fulfilled when they took Jesus down from the cross and laid Him in a speulchre.

:mock: Interplanner

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

I wonder if any of those OT writings said anything about a final restoration of Israel in the land.
Bingo!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 3:20-21 KJV
(20) And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
(21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Leviticus 26:42-45 KJV
(42) Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
(43) The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.
(44) And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.
(45) But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

Danoh

(21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Yep - towards THEIR...PROPHESIED...Mission...

This...

Acts 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

After this...

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Yep!

restitution- apokatastasis- reconstitution- restoration

Mat 12:13 Then he said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And the man stretched it out, and it was restored, healthy like the other.

In this case a man's hand was restored(apokathistēmi).
Peter says in Acts 3:21 that all things will be restored according to the Prophets when Christ returns.

Danoh

(42) Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
(43) The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.
(44) And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.
(45) But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

Yep - Moses foreseeing things way AFTER Joshua.

:thumb:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Yep, and:

Deu 30:4 If your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of heaven, from there the LORD your God will gather you, and from there he will take you.
Deu 30:5 And the LORD your God will bring you into the land that your fathers possessed, that you may possess it. And he will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers.

Mat 24:31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Danoh

Yep, and:

Deu 30:4 If your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of heaven, from there the LORD your God will gather you, and from there he will take you.
Deu 30:5 And the LORD your God will bring you into the land that your fathers possessed, that you may possess it. And he will make you more prosperous and numerous than your fathers.

Mat 24:31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Yep - HIS other sheep not of THIS fold of...Jacob.

Interplanner

Yep, and:

You still have to explain why the land disappears from the NT descriptions of the 2nd coming.

And, if anything, the gathering from one end of heaven to the other means there is something other than humans who will be in the NHNE. We know from Eph 3 for ex., that the fact of the church 'speaks' to principalities and powers of the redemptive work of God...

Interplanner

I guess morons don't believe Jesus in Acts 1.

That's not specific Tam, sheesh. WHAT about Acts 1? There are probably 500 items in there to be discussed. And you blame ME for not being specific?

I refer to chapters AFTER saying what proposition we are debating.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You still have to explain why the land disappears from the NT descriptions of the 2nd coming.

And, if anything, the gathering from one end of heaven to the other means there is something other than humans who will be in the NHNE. We know from Eph 3 for ex., that the fact of the church 'speaks' to principalities and powers of the redemptive work of God...

I just quoted the Lord in Mt 24:31 which is the second coming and is in harmony with what Moses and the Prophets stated about the regathering of Israel back to the land.

Paul speaks of GOD's manifold wisdom, not singular. Eph 3:10

One mustn't conflate their P's and carrots.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's not specific Tam, sheesh. WHAT about Acts 1? There are probably 500 items in there to be discussed. And you blame ME for not being specific?

I refer to chapters AFTER saying what proposition we are debating.
Read Acts chapter 1 10x, then come back and tell us you recognize what Jesus said about the restoration of Israel.