ECT TLO comes to TOL

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
They just lump names together..it makes me sick. Doing the devil's work for him...then they complain that they are not blest, that they have no revival.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA post re-sized for a better post fit.

What about Pastor Jack Hayford of "The Church on the Way" and the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel, where do they fit in your investigation?

What false or corrupt thing is the ICFG guilty of?

The ICFG is very conservative Pentecostal Church.

I have no knowledge of them.
LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They just lump names together..it makes me sick. Doing the devil's work for him...then they complain that they are not blest, that they have no revival.

You people are always claiming the credit for the revivals of Gods people and the adding to of Gods church.

Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You people are always claiming the credit for the revivals of Gods people and the adding to of Gods church.

Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

LA

Don't be a burk...the Lord worked with them. They preached God confirmed their word.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
People wait till they are perfect before they do anything...that is why they don't do anything. And if somebody does do something they sit and pick holes in their imperfections.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have no knowledge of them.
LA
The International Church of the Foursquare Gospel.

There's not much fault finding with ICFG, we've been members for a long and the only thing that we we're upset with was when the ICFG changed the financial structure of the ICFG Missions program.

ICFG does believe the word and does have faith.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
People wait till they are perfect before they do anything...that is why they don't do anything. And if somebody does do something they sit and pick holes in their imperfections.

I am not allowed to boast of the Lords accomplishments through me.

You however boast in the accomplishments of your idols.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Rubbish.

I go way back.

Have you read his book of beliefs?

Rare as hens teeth.

you continue to use the word slander and thereby do lie.

It is the only defense you have for your idolatry.

LA

Yes you go way back, 50 wasted years. Other people have done things. If I listened to your slander and heeded it I would be an idalator. Listening to someone who only points people to Christ is not idolatry or else to listen to Paul would be idolatry.

Lazy good for nothing.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I am not allowed to boast of the Lords accomplishments through me.

You however boast in the accomplishments of your idols.

LA

Paul gloried, boasted. you haven't got anything, all your posts are the same misery guts. There's not a sniff of gladness in you. There hasn't been for 49 years...clear off.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes you go way back, 50 wasted years. Other people have done things. If I listened to your slander and heeded it I would be an idalator. Listening to someone who only points people to Christ is not idolatry or else to listen to Paul would be idolatry.

Lazy good for nothing.

You however point people to your idols and slander those who can show you where they have gone wrong.

You have no ears to hear because you worship men.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You however point people to your idols and slander those who can show you where they have gone wrong.

You have no ears to hear because you worship men.

LA

Why shouldn't I slander you? we have all your words in posts, it is plain to see...misery guts religion. You slander men and women of God who have won multitudes of both men and women to the Lord, raising up missionaries.

You are fair game to be slandered...and I declare open season.

T.L.Osborn's message is clear and rings through all his messages.

Salvation obtained freely for all who will recieve it through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Now let's see how stupid you are too, for you worship Christ...who you believe is a man and not God. You worship what God has cursed the flesh. And you say others are idolators....so much for 50 years of wasted christian life, it is all wasted on you.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
the favour of God

What about God when calls upon us to stand up for the right? Corrie ten Boom was sent to Ravensbruch concentration camp for hiding Jews from the Nazis. Her Father died, her sister died, her brother died soon after. But Corrie was a radiant witness to the power of God and His forgiveness.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why shouldn't I slander you? we have all your words in posts, it is plain to see...misery guts religion. You slander men and women of God who have won multitudes of both men and women to the Lord, raising up missionaries.

Salvation obtained freely for all who will recieve it through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Now let's see how stupid you are too, for you worship Christ...who you believe is a man and not God. You worship what God has cursed the flesh. And you say others are idolators....so much for 50 years of wasted christian life, it is all wasted on you.

Your words will be repeated to you at the judgment by the Lord.

I have just now read TL Osborne on Healing and I can tell you that his teachings are inadequate to describe the truth because he insists that everything is either of God or of the Devil.

This is just not so.

He says that all sickness is of the devil, and uses the instance of the devil striking Job with sickness but forgets that it was at the permission of God.

His other fault is in teaching that all believers have all power over the devil and sickness, but ignores that this is only so if they are sent, and that if it was so then they would not be sick in the first place.

This "either God or the Devil" mentality makes those who are deceived by it, think that they must be in the clutches of the devil if they are not healed.

However to people like yourself and TL Osborne, that is only collateral damage and should be ignored.

Generally the Pentecostal and charismatic movement heads tend to be heartless and uncaring of people who remain sick or poor after being in under their ministry.

This is not so of many of the rank and file who escape their delusions and get real.

LA

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Corrie ten Boom was full of stories, her life was a life of triumphant joy. She tells of the young English woman who met her after a meeting in London and warmly shook her hand.

Corrie said she was beautiful and radiant so she was surprised when she said "you do remember me don't you" Corrie had a remarkable memory and so was puzzled. The woman told her how that several years earlier she had paid Corrie a visit in India and had asked her to lay her hands upon her for healing "but I will not tell you for what." Corrie had prayed.

"I can tell you now what my illness was the woman said I had contracted leprosy...I was afraid that if I told you it would stagger your faith"

She had been healed, every trace of the loathesome disease had left her.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Corrie never spoke like you to the righteous.

Interesting that you speak like poster "gods truth."

Indeed Jesus Christ is a man, my elder brother.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
One of the great keys to recieving blessing from God is to put yourself right there in the crowd at one of Jesu's meeting.

Imagine you were there at Nazareth jammed up against the door, pushing people off your toes [and being pushed yourself off somebody else's toe] man it's hot and you are being peppered by dust for some men are coming through the roof.

It's not like church....

Jesus interupts His sermon as men let down a man on a bed...you are annoyed at the interuption but the Teacher is not annoyed His face is radiant as the man who is evidently paralysed is laid before Him. Jesus saw their faith, He didn't hear it, He saw it.
"Cheer up son, your sins are all forgiven you"

Wow you think I wish all my sins could be forgiven just like that "blasphemy! why is He saying stuff like that, only God can forgive sins"

It was YOUR pastor who spoke....but he is a godly man, he is known throughout all Israel as an expositor of Isaiah....you now filled with aMAZEment, You look at Jesus, His face is sill radiant, His eyes sweep the assembly, briefly your eyes meet but they settle upon your pastor, he had spoken under his breath, the Teacher would not have heard but He directed Himself straight at him.

"Which is easier to say big shot? your sins are forgiven? you say that in all your sermons, who's to know? nobody can see if anybody's sins are forgiven or not...talk is cheap..."

What he says next takes your breath away

"But that you may KNOW that the Son of man has power to forgive sins ....turning again to the paralytic....arise take up your bed and go home"

Now He's bin and done it...the place is suddenly charged, everybody is holding their breath now. He hadn't raised His voice, He had made no dramatic gestures, the sun had not suddenly shone through the windows, nobody heard a choir of angels. Nobody actually was quite sure what He meant....

But the man who was paralysed knew....since the Master had said "son your sins are all forgiven" his face had been as radiant as the Lord's
the burden of sin had lifted from him and a great peace had swept over him, he KNEW that Jesus was more than just hot air, he knew His words had power.

He rolled off of his bed and stood up before them all. He was saved, saved from his sins, saved from his sickness....and all the people gave glory to God, they clapped, they shouted, some fell to their knees, some raised their hands.

These Pentecostals never change.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Billy

Billy

Billy Graham is of course not Pentecostal but he is not out of place among them. He had very close relations with many Pentecostal ministers.

As Grace believers we may not wholly approve of his theology or his methods but boy it is so good to hear him stand up and preach God's word.

He's up there with the greats is Billy.

Billy Graham on the Holy Spirit

Last edited: