ECT TLO comes to TOL

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Did you know you could embed youtube videos in your TOL posts?
I have to admit I'm not very smart with that, normally I post in the library and the library vetoes Youtube. But I click the YT edit logo and get the bar inviting me to enter the YT code but BLANKO so I revert to tapping in the code manually. But I would love to embed....I do on my poetry blog http://gentledove2.wordpress.com :) pass the spam sandwiches

andyc

I think it was TL Osborn who started out as a missionary in India, but he became frustrated because his preaching just seemed to have no impact on people. He came home and locked himself away seeking God to find out the answer.

"The baptism in the Holy Spirit".

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I think it was TL Osborn who started out as a missionary in India, but he became frustrated because his preaching just seemed to have no impact on people. He came home and locked himself away seeking God to find out the answer.

"The baptism in the Holy Spirit".

Yes and when He went back to India after he was baptized in the Holy Ghost he won thousands to the Lord. T.L. [and Daisy his wife] are legends

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Quite amazing

Here is a very young T. L. Osborn circa 1960 preaching in his Trinidad crusade.

He is very much the faith preacher here, as he got older he emphasised grace a great deal more than faith.

The anointing on his preaching here is powerful

Last edited:

andyc

I spent a lot of time in the States, and one thing that I really love about what I call a typical American is that they have a "can do" attitude. They just find a way of making things work when it seems impossible.

Kathryn kuhlman was a powerful go-getter for Christ.
Demons fled screaming in all directions when she showed up in town.

:sibbie:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I spent a lot of time in the States, and one thing that I really love about what I call a typical American is that they have a "can do" attitude. They just find a way of making things work when it seems impossible.

Kathryn kuhlman was a powerful go-getter for Christ.
Demons fled screaming in all directions when she showed up in town.

:sibbie:

Strangely I first encountered Kathryn by reading some transcripts of her radio broadcasts before she became famous...my such Holy Ghost wisdom then I read a few of her testimony books. hmmm She was special [if flawed]

I read once that after one meeting because of the press of people after the meeting it was decided that she go out the back way from the auditorium which meant going through the kitchen. As she walked through waiters and waitresses, chefs and bottle washers just went down under the power. Woo

andyc

Strangely I first encountered Kathryn by reading some transcripts of her radio broadcasts before she became famous...my such Holy Ghost wisdom then I read a few of her testimony books. hmmm She was special [if flawed]

Yup

She was a very lonely woman, and that loneliness caused her to make a mistake, but she corrected it and became sold out. When that happened her ministry took off.

Loneliness does play a part with those who are mighty in ministry.

I read once that after one meeting because of the press of people after the meeting it was decided that she go out the back way from the auditorium which meant going through the kitchen. As she walked through waiters and waitresses, chefs and bottle washers just went down under the power. Woo

That was her anointing. She also loved people so much.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yup

She was a very lonely woman, and that loneliness caused her to make a mistake, but she corrected it and became sold out. When that happened her ministry took off.

Loneliness does play a part with those who are mighty in ministry.

That was her anointing. She also loved people so much.

Do not be fooled by such powers.

LA

andyc

Do not be fooled by such powers.

LA

Do not be fooled into relying on your own power. That's what Moses did and he spent 40 years in the wilderness wondering what was wrong.
Sometime you have take the serpent by the tail knowing you can get bit, but then you'll realize the power of God is with you.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do not be fooled into relying on your own power. That's what Moses did and he spent 40 years in the wilderness wondering what was wrong.
Sometime you have take the serpent by the tail knowing you can get bit, but then you'll realize the power of God is with you.

Act 8:9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
Act 8:10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.
Act 8:11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.
Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Act 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
Act 8:18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
Act 8:19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
Act 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
Act 8:21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

LA

andyc

Act 8:9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
Act 8:10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.
Act 8:11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.
Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Act 8:13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
Act 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Act 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Act 8:17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
Act 8:18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
Act 8:19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
Act 8:20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
Act 8:21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

LA

The end product is key.
If people have their needs met, it has to be God. The thief comes to steal kill and destroy. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.