THREE SPECIFIC REASONS FOR PARABOLIC TEACHING

daqq

Best thread to date.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Funny you brought up this thread as I was just reading from Daniel, in the Septuagint, and noticed a particular usage of entos that shows without a doubt that it means "inside" just as it is used in Luke 17:21.

Daniel 10:16 LXX-Septuagint (Brenton Translation)
16 And, behold, as it were the likeness of a son of man touched my lips; and I opened my mouth, and spoke, and said to him that stood before me, O my lord, at the sight of thee my bowels were turned within me, and I had no strength.

Daniel 10:16
16 και ιδου ως ομοιωσις υιου ανθρωπου ηψατο των χειλεων μου και ηνοιξα το στομα μου και ελαλησα και ειπα προς τον εστωτα εναντιον εμου κυριε εν τη οπτασια σου εστραφη τα εντος μου εν εμοι και ουκ εσχον ισχυν
http://biblehub.com/interlinear/apostolic/daniel/10.htm

εστραφη τα εντος μου εν εμοι - "my insides (inward-parts / bowels) were turned within me"

Luke 17:20-21 KJV
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within
[G1787 εντος/entos] you.

Yes, the kingdom of Elohim is εντος-inside-within you.

Interplanner

IntoJoy wrote:
In light of the fact that Israel has just now rejected Jesus as Messiah, and thereby the Messianic Kingdom,
What says this 'just now' in Mt 13?

Interplanner

IntoJoy wrote:
It ended when Zedekiah was removed from the throne (the exile to Babylon) and the times of the Gentiles began. The times of the Gentiles will go on until we once again have a Davidic King on the throne, Jesus.

Theocratic rule spans the scriptures from Exodus 20 to 2 Chronicles 36. This is the history of the theocratic Kingdom.

As the quality of the theocratic Kingdom deteriorated, the prophets began to proclaim the coming of the Messianic Kingdom.

The problem here, IntoJoy, is that there is no proof of going back. The prophet's declarations that the Messiah would replace the theocracy hold true to the end of time. Messiah's kingdom lasts a long time until at the end Satan is loosed and the world ends after a little harrassment of believers. To go back to the theocracy is to go back to Judaism, which is unthinkable, considering the letter of Hebrews.

Zeke

Funny the government of the kingdom within portrayed in symbolic naratives is stuck in this outward kingdoms past and future manifestations which is a divine oxymoron seeing the kingdom of light has no need of a time based past or future , only those thinking from that criterior would try and build a temple in like manner that is like humpty dumpty will always fail and the outward minded will keep rebuilding it to no avail.