Thoughts about why identify as Jewish.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Judaism is Biblical. The holy days are from the Bible. The Law is God’s Law. Jesus or Yeshua (Yeshua is Jesus’ Hebrew name) is the Messiah whether a person is a Jew, Jewish (or practices Judaism and/or the things of the Law), or Christian. True Judaism accepts the Messiah and the new covenant so nothing is left out.

As a Christian I already accepted the Bible. But I discovered that the new covenant is not a new religion (Christianity was never a new religion, Christian practice originated from or in Judaism). The early church was entirely Jewish. That is, the Law is God’s Law and we ought to obey God whether we understand everything about it (God’s Law) or not. If you seek to understand God’s Law you will find you can move forward with your life and understanding of Biblical and spiritual things rather than just seeking to understand things that some might view as old and outdated. The Law is actually a foundation for understanding who Jesus is and what He has done for us. It helps us to understand who we are as individuals.

I have questions about the new covenant, because I know it is not less it is more. But I also understand it is different. That is, it is not the same covenant. So I can say God’s Law is never not God’s Law. And I can appreciate the new covenant now in light of the old. Whether Jew or Gentile there is one God. The Messiah (Yeshua, Jesus) brought us the new covenant. We have forgiveness of sins which though it was not absent under the old covenant carries with it the promise of being able to live a righteous life in Yeshua. And, we have eternal or everlasting life. These things are because of the power of God in saving people from their sin and purchasing them back for Himself in the death of Yeshua the Messiah who innocent shed His blood for us. The resurrection of Yeshua shows God’s power for us, power over death, when death was the consequence for sin, for those of us who are of faith (believing God and the promises of God, believing God at His word).

Christians don’t always understand the righteousness, holiness, and justice of God. But as Christians we can come to understand these whether we chose to identify as Jewish or not.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why do you identify as Jewish?
Because Judaism came first, is more in keeping with what I find in scripture, has given me a more clear understanding of scripture and my Christian walk, and does not have the contradictions I experienced in Christian teaching as a child. I am not saying Christian teaching is full of contradictions, but either my life or the teaching I was receiving did not match what I was reading when I read the Bible. For example, Jesus did not come to abolish the Law.

Bradley D

Through Jesus all Christians become the people/Jews of God. Jews were the first to be God's chosen people. True Jews will always be God's chosen people because of God's promise to Abraham.

"But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God" (Romans 2:29).

RBBI

Judaism is Biblical. The holy days are from the Bible. The Law is God’s Law. Jesus or Yeshua (Yeshua is Jesus’ Hebrew name) is the Messiah whether a person is a Jew, Jewish (or practices Judaism and/or the things of the Law), or Christian. True Judaism accepts the Messiah and the new covenant so nothing is left out.

As a Christian I already accepted the Bible. But I discovered that the new covenant is not a new religion (Christianity was never a new religion, Christian practice originated from or in Judaism). The early church was entirely Jewish. That is, the Law is God’s Law and we ought to obey God whether we understand everything about it (God’s Law) or not. If you seek to understand God’s Law you will find you can move forward with your life and understanding of Biblical and spiritual things rather than just seeking to understand things that some might view as old and outdated. The Law is actually a foundation for understanding who Jesus is and what He has done for us. It helps us to understand who we are as individuals.

I have questions about the new covenant, because I know it is not less it is more. But I also understand it is different. That is, it is not the same covenant. So I can say God’s Law is never not God’s Law. And I can appreciate the new covenant now in light of the old. Whether Jew or Gentile there is one God. The Messiah (Yeshua, Jesus) brought us the new covenant. We have forgiveness of sins which though it was not absent under the old covenant carries with it the promise of being able to live a righteous life in Yeshua. And, we have eternal or everlasting life. These things are because of the power of God in saving people from their sin and purchasing them back for Himself in the death of Yeshua the Messiah who innocent shed His blood for us. The resurrection of Yeshua shows God’s power for us, power over death, when death was the consequence for sin, for those of us who are of faith (believing God and the promises of God, believing God at His word).

Christians don’t always understand the righteousness, holiness, and justice of God. But as Christians we can come to understand these whether we chose to identify as Jewish or not.

AMEN

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Through Jesus all Christians become the people/Jews of God. Jews were the first to be God's chosen people. True Jews will always be God's chosen people because of God's promise to Abraham.

"But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God" (Romans 2:29).
Is the verse talking about a Jew who is really a Jew (because he is one inwardly) or is it talking about how in Christ anyone can be a Jew inwardly?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is what Law changed? Speaking of the Law of Moses. God's Law (the Law of Moses) is still God's Law (the Law of Moses).

The contract made at Mt. Sinai was for the people of Jacob. Now we have a new contract that is for all people, not just Israel.

There are those who say they are Jews but they aren't.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The contract made at Mt. Sinai was for the people of Jacob. Now we have a new contract that is for all people, not just Israel.

There are those who say they are Jews but they aren't.
The new covenant is for the house of Judah and the house of Israel.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

Is the you in this verse speaking of Jews or Gentiles or something else?

Ephesians 2:13 NASB - 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Philippians 3:9 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV - Galatians 2:16 KJV -

1 Peter 2:24 KJV - Galatians 2:20 KJV - Isaiah 53:11 KJV -

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Philippians 3:9 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV - Galatians 2:16 KJV -

1 Peter 2:24 KJV - Galatians 2:20 KJV - Isaiah 53:11 KJV -
Romans 3:21 NASB - 21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The new covenant is for the house of Judah and the house of Israel.

The church is not the house of Israel or Judah so that new covenant does not apply to our covenant through Abraham.

The Abrahamic covenant was new to Jesus' disciples.

fzappa13

I think you intuitively understand Romans 11 without having referenced it in this post.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The church is not the house of Israel or Judah so that new covenant does not apply to our covenant through Abraham.

The Abrahamic covenant was new to Jesus' disciples.
There is only one new covenant. The old covenant was to the nation of Israel through the prophet Moses. The new covenant came with Jesus. The Abrahamic covenant came to be, or was, before Moses.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think you intuitively understand Romans 11 without having referenced it in this post.
Gentiles were grafted in, not a different religion being grafted in. If Christians are seen as grafted in that implies Christians are Gentiles.