This place is in serious decline. Why?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Several attempts were made to recruit me - on here - to that other forum that various people on here (and various people on here and their pals complaining about my above post about their hypocrisy) have somehow all ended up on that other forum, by some odd coincidence.

Some of the pals click on here regularly contributing both their own and ideas obviously and blatantly lifted from TOL to the improvement of that other forum.

Its owner is obviously aware that is exactly how many of his posters from here ended up over there, but is obviously too busy being "a Believer" to be bothered by such foul play.

I know.

I took a good look around over there but declined said attempt to recruit me over there - on here - each time and for the simple reason that I do not agree with how I and obviously many others on here found out about that forum - through an attempt - on here - to recruit us to it.

Some on here are apparently no longer able to allow such indiscretions to pierce their "conscience."

But I long ago proved on here the hypocrisy of the infamously well known click on here, so it was no surprise to see many of their pals over there.

You, well, that is on you, and just shows what you are actually about despite all your hoopla about Freelights and what not.
I enjoy both sites.
And I was made a mod at the TF site.

My conscience remains...clear.
Mine too.

Danoh

It certainly does damper down the participation when members have to *post past* others in order to not be removed from a thread or given a ban to appease *the* minority of posters ...

Yep.

Why?

Case in point...

Tam started a thread having to do with post of the day, or some such.

I posted an observation which proved true.

As often happens with threads begun by various of her pals, on here, Tam and her pals not only right away took issue with my observation, but I was immediately banned from the thread.

Tam later did a thread asking for help for her granddaughter on a writing assignment.

I posted various ideas (which Tam obviously appreciated).

GD and Musti both posted snide remarks in response to my posts.

Not a peep from Tam about that, and not a peep from the mod who banned me from Tam's post of the day thread.

The above has been their and said mod's pattern against many a poster.

Especially against anyone who posts ANY facts about their false idol: Donald Trump, that prove what a corrupt fraud he has been all his life and has continued to be.

While, in Knight's defense as the owner of TOL, and to his credit, when I finally let him know my thoughts about this hypocrisy and used an example - of that same mod having unjustly banned me forever from the MAD forum merely for my having pointed a thing out to said mod's coddled pals on here, Knight assured me he had been unaware that had happened, looked into it, and reinstated me.

Obviously, the man has more on his plate than anyone running a forum can handle at times.

I know owners of other forums and they too report things slipping through the cracks here and there.

Anyway, to his credit Knight proved himself upright when called on.

[MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION], thank you again.

And a few bad apples are not about to chase this poster, away.

Especially not rabid blind Trump supporters and their supposed "moral compass"

Rom. 5:6-8.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep.

Why?

Case in point...

Tam started a thread having to do with post of the day, or some such.

I posted an observation which proved true.

As often happens with threads begun by various of her pals, on here, Tam and her pals not only right away took issue with my observation, but I was immediately banned from the thread.

Tam later did a thread asking for help for her granddaughter on a writing assignment.

I posted various ideas (which Tam obviously appreciated).

GD and Musti both posted snide remarks in response to my posts.

Not a peep from Tam about that, and not a peep from the mod who banned me from Tam's post of the day thread.

The above has been their and said mod's pattern against many a poster.

Especially against anyone who posts ANY facts about their false idol: Donald Trump, that prove what a corrupt fraud he has been all his life and has continued to be.

While, in Knight's defense as the owner of TOL, and to his credit, when I finally let him know my thoughts about this hypocrisy and used an example - of that same mod having unjustly banned me forever from the MAD forum merely for my having pointed a thing out to said mod's coddled pals on here, Knight assured me he had been unaware that had happened, looked into it, and reinstated me.

Obviously, the man has more on his plate than anyone running a forum can handle at times.

I know owners of other forums and they too report things slipping through the cracks here and there.

Anyway, to his credit Knight proved himself upright when called on.

@Knight, thank you again.

And a few bad apples are not about to chase this poster, away.

Especially not rabid blind Trump supporters and their supposed "moral compass"

You don't have to stay here and endure your supposed "abuse".
But you do.
What does that say about you?

andyc

This place has been a real blessing to me in the past, so credit where it's due. Had some terrific revelations while thinking about topics that force you to re-evaluate theological positions. Never heard of MAD or open theism 10 years ago, and thankfully still reject it outright. But the discussions do force you to think deeper about grace, and God's omniscience etc......And the quality of the posters here were terrific back in the old days.

We need an oldschool reunion ;)

2003cobra

Haven't been around for months, and while dropping in today I've noticed that the post rate has plummeted.

What's happened to this place?
I think it has to do with the abuse heaped on people who aren’t in an inner circle, and the glee with which the abuse is received and complimented by others.

So people look for a forum that is more reflective of Christian values.

2003cobra

Several attempts were made to recruit me - on here - to that other forum that various people on here (and various people on here and their pals complaining about my above post about their hypocrisy) have somehow all ended up on that other forum, by some odd coincidence.

Some of the pals click on here regularly contributing both their own and ideas obviously and blatantly lifted from TOL to the improvement of that other forum.

Its owner is obviously aware that is exactly how many of his posters from here ended up over there, but is obviously too busy being "a Believer" to be bothered by such foul play.

I know.

I took a good look around over there but declined said attempt to recruit me over there - on here - each time and for the simple reason that I do not agree with how I and obviously many others on here found out about that forum - through an attempt - on here - to recruit us to it.

Some on here are apparently no longer able to allow such indiscretions to pierce their "conscience."

But I long ago proved on here the hypocrisy of the infamously well known click on here, so it was no surprise to see many of their pals over there.

You, well, that is on you, and just shows what you are actually about despite all your hoopla about Freelights and what not.

How is it foul play to tell people about a better place?

And what is “blatant” about sharing ideas on two or more forums? Forums don’t own ideas, do they? At least, not without a copyright or patent.

Danoh

You don't have to stay here and endure your supposed "abuse".
But you do.
What does that say about you?

What it says "about me" is that you and various of your pals cannot but obviously continue to project your pettiness into other people's words, as being what others mean, and or where said others are coming from.

Which I continue to find...amusing - because Romans 5:6-8.

Try that sometime.

Danoh

I think it has to do with the abuse heaped on people who aren’t in an inner circle, and the glee with which the abuse is received and complimented by others.

So people look for a forum that is more reflective of Christian values.

There is that. True.

But there is also EVER the following, too often allowed to be lost OPPORTUNITY (upon encountering such hypocrisy) of FOCUSING by CHOICE to the GLORY of GOD IN His Son, on the following, which is WHY it was written TO BEGIN WITH...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

In short, there is always the choice of focusing by faith on the glorious fact of Romans 5:6-8 - in each our stead.

:thumb:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
What I'm about......the audacity

What I'm about......the audacity

I know.

My integrity and points shared holds, as I was just sharing my observations. As to your insinuation in bold above, I think you're reading way to much into my commentary, presuming things when I agreed with your post about antics and conditions at this forum.

Im not recruiting anyone to another forum neither engaged in proselytizing, as im all for any venue for freedom of thought and speech, where folks engage subjects in a civil respectful manner, from many different viewpoints.

Anyone who actually knows me has some idea 'what Im about', and im happy and free about it. I've been removed from discussions and stood up to Sherman exposing tactics and mistreatment, but not playing a martyr or victim, since ive been a unique and eclectic voice from the start. I've been true to my conscience always.

This is an openly biased site with all the perks that come with such a club-mentality, its culture and politics.....welcome to one particular 'version' of 'Christianity', there's plenty to choose from. There are also other religious faith traditions to research, consider and explore from a comparitive religion context, as well as non-theistic spirituality, agnostic and atheist views. And more........

Danoh

How is it foul play to tell people about a better place?

And what is “blatant” about sharing ideas on two or more forums? Forums don’t own ideas, do they? At least, not without a copyright or patent.

It is a ban-able offense on most forums to be recruiting people on them to another forum.

Given a forum owner's time, labor, expense, etc., in providing a service free of charge to others, I don't blame them this rule - theft of the fruits of their labor, is theft of the fruits of their labor.

Forgiving such such a theft, is one thing.

Allowing such to continue such theft, is another.

Likewise those who condone such an activity in any way, shape, or form as a participarion in it.

In all walks of life.

I've been thinking of moving on myself.

Should I, that forum will not be where I will be moving to, for the above reason, alone.

You are wrong to condone that.

Period.

2003cobra

It is a ban-able offense on most forums to be recruiting people on them to another forum.

Given a forum owner's time, labor, expense, etc., in providing a service free of charge to others, I don't blame them this rule - theft of the fruits of their labor, is theft of the fruits of their labor.

Likewise those who condone such an activity in any way, shape, or form as a participarion in it.

In all walks of life.

Should I, that forum will not be where I will be moving to, for the above reason, alone.

Period.

Is recruiting for another forum a bannable offense here?

I don’t see how you call informing people about a better option “theft.”

Perhaps knowing a better option and not sharing the information is the failure.

I haven’t recruited anyone from here, but I certainly don’t see sharing the knowledge that there is a better place as wrong. We don’t hide good things under a bushel.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

In all walks of life.

Period.

pj was banned for redirecting to another forum, links dropping here.

One could see it as 'church-hopping'....there will always be some drama and gossip between the two venues.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Is recruiting for another forum a bannable offense here?

Rule #8

8. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to redirect members to another forum, website, or blog. (Profile and signature links may be allowed with administrator approval.) Using our PM system to redirect members to other forums or websites is also a bannable offense.

-----------

Each forum does have right to make its own rules, however...it seems inevitable that one most likely will share with friends about another cool forum in one way or another, it just happens that a PM seems like a easy way to share info., however...not sure if management can read PMs if that violates any privacy protocols. pj must have openly linked the forum in public somewhere or Knight found out by looking into private mail.

2003cobra

pj was banned for redirecting to another forum, links dropping here.

One could see it as 'church-hopping'....there will always be some drama and gossip between the two venues.
I tried accessing the link but was informed that I don’t have sufficient privileges.

Thanks for sharing the rule.

The wagons must be circling.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This place has been a real blessing to me in the past, so credit where it's due. Had some terrific revelations while thinking about topics that force you to re-evaluate theological positions. Never heard of MAD or open theism 10 years ago, and thankfully still reject it outright. But the discussions do force you to think deeper about grace, and God's omniscience etc......And the quality of the posters here were terrific back in the old days.

We need an oldschool reunion ;)
That would be cool!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What it says "about me" is that you and various of your pals cannot but obviously continue to project your pettiness into other people's words, as being what others mean, and or where said others are coming from.

Which I continue to find...amusing - because Romans 5:6-8.

Try that sometime.
Right back at ya.
Try it even once, will ya?

glorydaz

Rule #8

8. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to redirect members to another forum, website, or blog. (Profile and signature links may be allowed with administrator approval.) Using our PM system to redirect members to other forums or websites is also a bannable offense.

-----------

Each forum does have right to make its own rules, however...it seems inevitable that one most likely will share with friends about another cool forum in one way or another, it just happens that a PM seems like a easy way to share info., however...not sure if management can read PMs if that violates any privacy protocols. pj must have openly linked the forum in public somewhere or Knight found out by looking into private mail.

Quite the imagination. :chuckle:

A private message was reported to the woodshed. That's how Knight found out. :rolleyes:

glorydaz

It is how you and your pals constantly insult and spit on anyone who do not agree with you that has driven various people away.

That and the fact that you and your pals are constantly coddled by a certain mod.

I've run into them on other forums asserting this very point, when asked by others considering trying out TOL, why they left.

Other people note they have heard of TOL's poor reputation - due to your kind.

Oh get real.
You can't even make a post without belittling someone at every turn.
Why do you even stay here if you think so little of TOL?????

There ya go.....and the proof is there for all to see.

Danoh, the hypocrite. :chuckle:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
pj must have openly linked the forum in public somewhere or Knight found out by looking into private mail.
I suspect if you check some profile posts you will see plenty of evidence of what he was up to.

Prying into PMs can be done with software add-ons on most discussion forum software platforms. That said, it is done with trepidation and usually because of some egregious behavior that needed investigation or for legal matters. I have also done so on various forums where I had privileges wherein the member was having some technical difficulties and was aware I was going to do so.

AMR