This lawyer's headed for hell.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
People who defend or assist criminals knowingly and willingly are called accomplices.
Not if you own a good dictionary. :nono:

They should be punished as if they themselves committed the crime.
Let them read this. That ought to do it.

How often do you think that justice is served in America?
In the judicial system? To the extent it can be, more often than not. That's what the facts tell us, if we're interested in them.

With the many thousands of cases occurring each year, how many of them do you think brought justice to the criminal, and comfort to the victim?
That's a tough combo question. To the first part I'd say often, though justice can be like beauty when you talk to different people. It is just that those guilty are declared guilty and punished. Past that point the arguments over what punishment is sufficient begins and the satisfaction on the point varies. On comfort, I couldn't tell you. I don't have hard data on that and I'm not going to make a claim without it. I've heard people who lost a loved one walk away from a death penalty conviction without feeling satisfied, because they still have to live with the loss. It's a hard question to answer.

And why, if our system, if it's as just as you say it is, does our system not deter/prevent any crime from happening?
How do you measure deterred crime? Do locks stop criminals? Some, likely. Do speed limits prevent speeding? I expect they do where there is respect for the law. I know that when speed limits were higher, people drove faster and more died as a result of it. I suspect that principle is in play in the larger question.

"This is a court of law, young man, not a court of justice." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
He's right in part and wrong in part. The S. Ct. doesn't hear the case merits, but holds on whether the law and verdict were within the allowance of the Constitution. Even so, I doubt those who benefited from the Court's ruling in Brown v The Board of Education would agree with him.

"In the Halls of Justice, the only justice is in the halls." - Lenny Bruce
Because when you want a serious and objectively true statement on the judicial system you really can't get better than a comedian with a drug habit.

"The United States is the greatest law factory the world has ever known" - Charles Evans Hughes
That's one way of seeing it.

"The greater the number of laws... the more thieves and robbers there will be" - Lao-Tzu
He's right. Strike all the laws and you won't have any criminals. :plain:

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced" - Frank Zappa
(more quotes to come, I guarantee it)
Well if Frank believed it... :chuckle: He also said, "Republicans stand for raw, unbridled evil and greed and ignorance smothered in balloons and ribbons." So he wasn't without opinions.

Alright man, I like you and all but this really has gone too far and you need called out on this. You are out of line.

Exactly what is it you have against wood chippers?
They're more likely to make a cogent point than either of you? Just a guess, mind you.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
People who defend or assist criminals knowingly and willingly are called accomplices.

Not if you own a good dictionary.

most real lawyers recognize black's as a pretty good one - let's see what they have to say

Law Dictionary: What is ACCOMPLICE? definition of ACCOMPLICE (Black's Law Dictionary)

A party who agrees to a crime as the main criminal or in accessory.

:think:

Law Dictionary: What is ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT? definition of ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT (Black's Law Dictionary)

A party who commits a crime by hiding the offender or aiding in their escape preventing punishment.

looks like JR was spot on

and you, as usual, are full of hooey :)

musterion

Isn't it great when lawyers can redefine legal terms at will, just so they don't lose internet spats? Glad I watched a lot of Columbo and Hawaii 5-O growing up.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There should be no mercy shown by Judges. Plea deals are acts of mercy.
They really aren't. A lot of cases, convincing as they are to prosecutors, carry substantive questions that might result in something other than conviction. I've rarely seen a prosecutor who had what he believed was an open and shut case offer a plea, unless it was something desired by the victims family.

If a man murders another man or rapes a woman, he should be executed.
Don't have much time, but I wanted to address this one. The main reason rape was reduced from a capital crime is that what prosecutors realized is we were inadvertently encouraging rapists to murder their victims.

I'm leaving off a good deal because of time and because I'm mostly interested in explaining the system in place and defending it from unreasonable impression and attack. What you believe is a better system or would like to see is your business and I'm not invested in arguing whether you're right to hold it.

ok doser

...The Jew ran media ...

:doh:

qis49q.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Isn't it great when lawyers can redefine legal terms at will, just so they don't lose internet spats? Glad I watched a lot of Columbo and Hawaii 5-O growing up.
It's really like arguing with angry children too often around here. You can't even count on an attempt by some of you to be honest or reasoned.

The problem with Judge on the definition was that he lumped a defense attorney into the general definition of an accomplice, which isn't actually what Black's would do or any court, absent some illegal activity relating to the defense. That's why it was wrong. Sod is smart enough to understand that, so it's a malice/dishonesty bit with him. That seems about right for you too, but if I'm wrong and you're just that stupid feel free to correct me on the point and I'll start adding pictures.

Arthur Brain

I mean, cut on your television you impossible retard.

The Jew ran media sacks your Christianity every day, from news to Hollywood. I doubt you even realize it when one is boldly selling out your interests for their own right in front of your face!

Kind of hard to tell when they're all WHITE, though.

:mock: ~race~

Thought you'd had enough of this place...

:freak:

Arthur Brain

It's really like arguing with angry children too often around here. You can't even count on an attempt by some of you to be honest or reasoned.

The problem with Judge on the definition was that he lumped a defense attorney into the general definition of an accomplice, which isn't actually what Black's would do or any court, absent some illegal activity relating to the defense. That's why it was wrong. Sod is smart enough to understand that, so it's a malice/dishonesty bit with him. That seems about right for you too, but if I'm wrong and you're just that stupid feel free to correct me on the point and I'll start adding pictures.

To be fair to Musty, it could actually be a combination of both...

;)

ok doser

It's really like arguing with angry children too often around here.

Prosecutors want to find people guilty...

Toddlers/Preschoolers (2 – 5 years)

When a child takes the first step on his or her own, a new phase in development begins. At this stage children are now free to roam around their world. It is a time for active exploration of their environment. Language development takes major leaps which leads to learning the names of objects of interest, the ability to ask for things and as they discover their independent nature, yes, they develop the ability to say “NO!”.

https://childdevelopmentinfo.com/ages-stages/#.WNfoTmxf3cs

:thumb:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm mostly interested in explaining the system in place and defending it from unreasonable impression and attack.
Your system denied justice. There are two rapists still walking around, while their lawyer is not invested in justice.

What you believe is a better system or would like to see is your business and I'm not invested in arguing whether you're right to hold it.
Then you'll never find out what the law and justice are.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And I was thrown off for simply telling these facts. Get the hell outta here, dude :plain:
While you all disparage the Muslims, who are Semites, mind what you have to say about what is 'antisemitic'. Because thw way I see it you're no different than the next person finding your own means to whore the minority train from boxcar to boxcar :wave2:

Is this you, Crucible?