ECT "This Generation"

Nang

TOL Subscriber
But none of them can be kicked out of the kingdom.
So what restoration is needed of that kingdom?
When was that kingdom ever thrown into a state of disarray that it needed to be restored?

The "restoration" is not national, but spiritual and individual. Christ's Kingdom is not national, but consists of individual souls raised to live new spiritual lives.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The "restoration" is not national, but spiritual and individual. Christ's Kingdom is not national, but consists of individual souls raised to live new spiritual lives.
The kingdom promised to be restored is the kingdom of Israel on earth.

Your spiritual kingdom was never in disarray because no one made it there unless they were perfected.
There was nothing or no one imperfect ever in that spiritual kingdom of yours, thus no need to restore something or anyone that is already perfect.

SaulToPaul 2

The Kingdom of God:

1. Israel on the earth, the Gentiles come their Light.
2. The City, 144000 Jewish kings and priests to rule over the Israel on the earth.
3. The Heavenly, Christ's Body, neither Jew nor Gentile

All of God's creation filled with his people.

The Bible makes sense, and you do not have to spiritualize Ezekiel if you will accept these simple truths. :idunno:

john w

Hall of Fame
I do not believe the literal, national Israel will ever be restored, but individual Jews are part of the spiritual Kingdom of Christ according to His grace and regeneration of the Holy Spirit.

It is quite irrelevant what you believe, as belief, and the truth, are independent. You made the above up:

Isaiah 46:13 KJV

I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Zechariah 8:23 KJV

Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Matthew 19:28 KJV

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Luke 22:30 KJV

that ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Isaiah 2:3 KJV

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.Micah 4:2 KJV

And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Zechariah 8:3 KJV

Thus saith the Lord; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain.

SaulToPaul 2

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

john w

Hall of Fame
Like the covenant of works, and covenant of grace?
Dr. Breen never mentioned those.

How about "The Covenant of Redemption," and "The Gospel of the New Covenant," Mayor, 2 other stumpers, from Naggy's "the" church, SOF?

Tucker, although "dry as dust," never mentioned these nuggets.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Nang ----->
denied.gif

SaulToPaul 2

How about "The Covenant of Redemption," and "The Gospel of the New Covenant," Mayor, 2 other stumpers, from Naggy's "the" church, SOF?

Tucker, although "dry as dust," never mentioned these nuggets.

Yes sir, that's one subject you can't talk enough about...made up covenants.

SaulToPaul 2

Matthew 12
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Matthew 24
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matthew 19
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Danoh

Matthew 12
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Matthew 24
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matthew 19
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Come on STP, you must know we are to rely on sources external to Scripture - not other passages - what's the matter with you; don't you know that those passages, being Prophetic; are to be based on the guidance of Isaiah 8:30, which does not mean what it says.

Oy vey- you literalists- JohnW is right you (for once :chuckle:)

In short - great post - spot on!

:thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, the term "this generation" could refer to any generation,
It can and does in some places.

and thus doesn't really mean anything?
It means something in that it is targeting a specific group that all have similar characteristics or identity.
Context usually reveals which group that all have similar characteristics or identity it is speaking of.

If Jesus had meant to target those that were actually standing there with Him at the time, He had a great way of expressing that thought.

Matthew 16:28 KJV
(28) Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.​

Luke 9:27 KJV
(27) But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.​

I can tell you that the Greek leaves no doubt that these two above verses are speaking of those folks that were literally standing there with Him at that time (regardless of their characteristic or identity).
But that is not what is said in Matthew 23 & 24.
Instead, Jesus speaks of a generation (a group with specific characteristics and identity).

As John W. would say ----- there's wisdom in the details.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The kingdom promised to be restored is the kingdom of Israel on earth.

No need for two kingdoms. Unless Jews are to be kept separate from all other nationalities.

For Christ's Kingdom will consist of redeemed souls gathered from out of the entire world.

Your spiritual kingdom was never in disarray because no one made it there unless they were perfected.

Not what I believe. Only Jesus Christ is "perfect" and provides His children access to His Kingdom.

There was nothing or no one imperfect ever in that spiritual kingdom of yours, thus no need to restore something or anyone that is already perfect.

It is not the Kingdom of God that is restored, but individual sinners are changed and made righteousness and holy in Christ, so that they might share in His everlasting inheritance.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete already thoroughly destroyed preterism in some recent posts on a open view/preterist thread, your drivel just doesn't stand up to scrutiny

Clete is a Darby follower.

Clete has an agenda, Clete tries to make the Bible fit the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tet, allegedly quoting me: 7) "this generation" refers to every human since Adam

I think it is possible that this generation refers to the one before The Regeneration.

Get yourself a concordance, and look up the word "generations".

"generations" (plural) is different than "generation" (singular).

You go on and on about sixth grade English, yet you think "this generation" means everyone from Adam.