ECT "This Generation"

SaulToPaul 2

Do you believe all prophecies are literal? Doubt it... I don't know anyone who does. Some prophecies ARE literal, and others are visions which are meant to be interpreted.

The only magic is figuring out which is which.

What does "the land that I gave to Jacob, wherein your fathers dwelt" mean?
Where did Ezekiel and Israel's fathers dwell?

Nang

TOL Subscriber

This literal promise has a two-fold application: first earthly, secondly spiritually.

Your literalist hermenuetics leaves you ignorant of more than half of the revelation of the Holy Scriptures.

The literal land of Israel points to the new heavens and new earth in which all the saints of God will abide with Christ, without end.

SaulToPaul 2

This literal promise has a two-fold application: first earthly, secondly spiritually.

Your literalist hermenuetics leaves you ignorant of more than half of the revelation of the Holy Scriptures.

The literal land of Israel points to the new heavens and new earth in which all the saints of God will abide with Christ, without end.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
How long does the passage say they will dwell in that land?

Forever.

Which proves this promise will be fulfilled spiritually in Christ's Kingdom which has no end.

You seem to think that this promise must be fulfilled on this earth, which is going to be destroyed by fire. How could that be so?

musterion

How long does the passage say they will dwell in that land?

There you go, taking God at His Word again. If you legalists would quit straining so hard to see truth in what He said, your mind would be open to being shown the deeper truths in what He didn't say.

john w

Hall of Fame
In the promised land that points to Christ's inheritance of a Kingdom.

Do you allow for any typology in your bible studies at all?

And in the cross of Christ that points to Christ's "steppin' it up," as "there is no tomorrow!!!!"

Do you allow for any typology in your bible studies at all?

So there. Nice rabbit trail, Naggy...Nice...

Wick Stick

Wick Stick said:
Do you believe all prophecies are literal? Doubt it... I don't know anyone who does. Some prophecies ARE literal, and others are visions which are meant to be interpreted.

I'm not interested in taking up the preterist flag on this, or quibbling over a specific passage.

You were the one who zoomed out on this argument, asking "Why are only some prophecies fulfilled literally, but others are given the magic wand treatment?"

That's a question worth my time. Whether a random chapter in Ezekiel is spiritual, allegorical, literal, or typological - is not.

[insert random comment about lack of chin or arm-strength here]

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

There's no magic. It's not very difficult to understand all of biblical prophecy. I do.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

themuzicman

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Ezekiel is about return from exile.