Things You Are Not Allowed To Do

Daniel1769

I suppose we could talk about the huge similarities between the Libertarian movement and the Catholic Church, but I find the subject of child molestation so depressing.

(Sigh, if only he had read the link that I posted 3 times).

Deuteronomy 1:13

Proverbs 11:14

Exodus 18:21

etc. etc. etc.

I call it Libertarianism, others call it anarchy, which as I pointed out leads to chaos, which inevitably leads to totalitarianism..

The only problem here Danny boy is that you're not an anarchist:

Believe me, when someone steals a Libertarian's dope, they're no longer the anarchists that they proclaim to be.

It's disconcerting that government is the only thing that is apparently stopping you from reeking chaos on society. I guess you need sugar daddy government to keep you in line. Most of us don't. It must be sad to feel so ready to break into chaos that you need government to restrain you. Good luck, friend. The rest of us don't need weirdos like you telling us what to do though.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
God moves government to His will- it does not mean that government is good, or that it's laws are even what God desires. He put Trump in office because Trump has the ability to unify the country- if it's a destruction of evil, it's not against homosexual marriage, or abortion, or any of these moral platitudes you all cannot get off of. Rather, it's a destruction of those who talk one thing but resemble another.

Both the Right and Left are filled to the brim with hypocrites, and I'm pretty sure God has noticed.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's disconcerting that government is the only thing that is apparently stopping you from reeking chaos on society. I guess you need sugar daddy government to keep you in line. Most of us don't. It must be sad to feel so ready to break into chaos that you need government to restrain you. Good luck, friend. The rest of us don't need weirdos like you telling us what to do though.

"All societies of men must be governed in some way or other. The less they may have of stringent State Government, the more they must have of individual self-government. The less they rely on public law or physical force, the more they must rely on private moral restraint. Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled, either by a power within them, or by a power without them; either by the Word of God, or by the strong arm of man; either by the Bible, or by the bayonet. It may do for other countries and other governments to talk about the State supporting religion. Here, under our own free institutions, it is Religion which must support the State."

Robert Winthrop-Speech to the Massachusetts Bible Society (1849-05-28)

I'm controlled by the Word of God, government is necessary for your kind.

Daniel1769

"All societies of men must be governed in some way or other. The less they may have of stringent State Government, the more they must have of individual self-government. The less they rely on public law or physical force, the more they must rely on private moral restraint. Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled, either by a power within them, or by a power without them; either by the Word of God, or by the strong arm of man; either by the Bible, or by the bayonet. It may do for other countries and other governments to talk about the State supporting religion. Here, under our own free institutions, it is Religion which must support the State."

Robert Winthrop-Speech to the Massachusetts Bible Society (1849-05-28)

I'm controlled by the Word of God, government is necessary for your kind.

If people are so bad and untrustworthy that they can't be trusted to run their own lives, then HOW can these same bad, untrustworthy people be fit to run the lives of of 300 million people? You make no sense. You're going in circles citing articles from people that no one cares about. I don't care what some guy said to the Massachusetts Bible club of 1734 or whatever. You appeal to an alleged authority is useless when you can't worm any logic or reason into your argument. Good day.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
If people are so bad and untrustworthy that they can't be trusted to run their own lives,

It goes back to Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden. Man has a sinful nature, hence government being one of three institutions to govern that sinful nature.

then HOW can these same bad, untrustworthy people be fit to run the lives of of 300 million people?

As the Bible says:

"Choose wise, understanding, and knowledgeable men from among your tribes..."

"Moreover you shall select from all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers..."

I vote for those kind of men and women, you for vote the kind that legalize homosexuality and allow them to mock God's institution of marriage.

That is why one can't be a Christian and a Libertarian: They don't acknowledge Jesus' two great commandments:

#1 Love God with all of your heart, soul and mind.

and

#2 Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Our representative constitutional republic is the greatest form of government, too bad people like you don't vote in God fearing men and make it work as God intended it to work.

Daniel1769

worked in my shop last night for a few hours

dint need permission :idunno:

You pay for your right when you pay the income tax. Try not paying and see what happens. If you have a profession that requires a license like a hair dresser, then you need government permission on top of that.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
of course

and i worked in my shop last night and dint need permission from nobody

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
because i don't have any income

Daniel1769

because i don't have any income

I thought that "work" in this scenario implied working for a living. Thanks for the waste of time. The conversation between you and I is over, since you like to just waste time.