ECT Things that are different are not the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The 12: Proclaimed the long-awaited Kingdom as at hand (Matt 10:6) and with it times of refreshing and restoration of all things (Acts 3:19-21). All this God had revealed though various Old Testament prophets.

Paul: Proclaimed the secret of the Body -- the Church -- a plan God had kept hidden since the world began (see Rom 16:25; 1 Cor 2:7; Eph 1:4-11; 1:19-23; 3:5-9; Col 1:18).

Did you read--

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
"This is only one of many things that are different in the Bible. I'd love to see some more! "-heir, the most underrated member in the history of TOL

Matthew 20:28 KJV
even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Mark 10:45 KJV

For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Vs.

1 Timothy 2:6 KJV

who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

And this is not an "accident:"

to be testified in due time.

She's EXCELLENT!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In the OP---

False.

Gal 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.
Gal 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
Gal 2:3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
Gal 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
Gal 2:5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
Gal 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

You are what is "FALSE!"

john w

Hall of Fame
Did you read--

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

"apostles and prophets"-you

That is not referring to "the 12" apostles, or the OT prophets. It's referring to the apostles/prophets "post Paul."

Chronological order-OT: first prophets, then apostles("the 12"):

Luke 11:49 KJV

Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

Chronological order, "post Paul:" first apostles, then prophets:

1 Corinthians 12:28 KJV

And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Details...The bible is a book of details, and, as such, unlike you, I pay attention to details.

Contrasts.

And, unlike you, I am forever saved.

Get saved.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
"apostles and prophets"-you

That is not referring to "the 12," or the OT prophets. It's referring to the apostles/prophets "post Paul."

Chronolical order-OT: first prophets, then apostles("the 12"):

Luke 11:49 KJV

Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

Chronological order, "post Paul:" first apostles, then prophets:

1 Corinthians 12:28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Details...The bible is a book of details, and, as such, unlike you, I pay attention to details.

Contrasts.

And, unlike you, I am forever saved.

Get saved.
Yes! :BRAVO: Things that are different are NOT the same!

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4069287&postcount=103

heir

TOL Subscriber
In the OP---

False.

Gal 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.
Gal 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
Gal 2:3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:
Gal 2:4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
Gal 2:5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
Gal 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
They didn't know it before he "communicated" it "unto them that gospel"! That's "when they saw"!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They didn't know it before he "communicated" it "unto them that gospel"! That's "when they saw"!

The verses do not say that do they.

The apostles already knew the truth before Paul met them.

Act 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber

Act 1:1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.
Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

LA
:rotfl: That's not the gospel Paul preached!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
They're argument: It's all the same!

We've said many times that there is more than one church in the Bible.

Moses had a "church in the wilderness" Acts 7:38 KJV

Jesus promised to build His "my church" Matthew 16:18 KJV

And even still, a third: where Christ is the Head of "the church, which is His Body" Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV, Colossians 1:24 KJV

Then we have their "one gospel" or "same gospel". Now, while it's true that there is only one good news that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth today, there is more than one gospel in the Bible.

Here's what I was a recipient of yesterday after saying there's more than one church, more than one gospel more than one doctrine and more than one inheritance. That never goes over well with the one pot meal crowd. So of course, I got this reply and the bold text where they want to focus:

So let's focus on that bold text and respond!

Posting verses from Hebrews (written to Hebrews) showing so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; is in contrast to the gospel that Paul preached which was kept secret since the world began. Spoken and kept secret are different!

The Salvation in Hebrews is in contrast to "that gospel" that Paul "preached among the Gentiles". You know, the "that gospel" that Peter James and John didn't even perceive until Paul went up by revelation and communicated it unto them (Galatians 2:1-9 KJV)

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

It's "the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory" (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) which Paul received by revelation of Jesus Christ! It was NOT after man (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV)!

This is only one of many things that are different in the Bible. I'd love to see some more!

Seems this argument against multiple churches bothers your conscience.

You present 3 scripture verses that speak of the one church of Jesus
Christ, without giving any scriptural validation or argument to support your denials of such.

IOW's, how do these 3 scriptures deny or differ from each other?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Read Hebrews 3:5-6.

Moses served "His house" designated as being The Lord's (church) of whom Jesus Christ proved to be LORD.

Same church, same spiritual body of believers. Only one elect people saved for redemption in Jesus Christ. A remnant chosen out of the nation of Israel, as well as a remnant chosen out of all the (Gentile) nations of the world. Rev. 5:9- 7:9

One universal church.

Consisting of all souls saved by the one gospel of grace.

No differences.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Just because sinners seek to differentiate, does not produce or prove any differentiations in the Holy Scriptures and absolute truths of God.

One Truth, One Gospel, One Lord and Savior, One people saved thereby.

ONE CHURCH of JESUS CHRIST.

john w

Hall of Fame
Just because sinners seek to differentiate, does not produce or prove any differentiations in the Holy Scriptures and absolute truths of God.

You made up this "One Gospel," one church.

She is on record again, since she spams/"argues" just "One Gospel," one piece of good news, in the book -Naggie asserts, again, that Judas preached the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV "good news," "the gospel," and was saved.

Wickedness....

Get saved, Clavinist, and quit asserting this satanic "just one piece of good news" in the scriptures. The bible didn't teach you that. Your Clavinist SOF, authored by the devil, taught you that.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Peter and the rest of the disciples preached the "Kingdom Gospel."
Paul preached the "Grace Gospel!" Don't you ever tire from being
wrong Nang?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

LA

Like Nang, don't you ever tire of being wrong?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Seems this argument against multiple churches bothers your conscience.

You present 3 scripture verses that speak of the one church of Jesus
Christ, without giving any scriptural validation or argument to support your denials of such.

IOW's, how do these 3 scriptures deny or differ from each other?

Poor Nang! She needs to study more and post less!

musterion

The 12: As John the Baptist and Christ did, the 12 preached the Kingdom--an earthly, physical, theocratic government centered in a restored Jerusalem -- over which Christ the Messiah would reign as the undisputed, invincible King of all the earth:
At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord (Jer. 3:17).

Out of Zion shall go forth the Law, and the Word of the Lord from Jerusalem (Isa. 2:3).

Yea, all kings shall fall down before Him: all nations shall serve Him (Psalm 72:11).

The Lord shall be King over all the earth (Zech. 14:9).
Paul: Preached the Body: a living, spiritual organism of which Christ is the Head (Eph 2:22; 4:15-16; 5:23) with heaven rather than earth the focus.

JosephR

The 12: As John the Baptist and Christ did, the 12 preached the Kingdom--an earthly, physical, theocratic government centered in a restored Jerusalem -- over which Christ the Messiah would reign as the undisputed, invincible King of all the earth:
At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord (Jer. 3:17).

Out of Zion shall go forth the Law, and the Word of the Lord from Jerusalem (Isa. 2:3).

Yea, all kings shall fall down before Him: all nations shall serve Him (Psalm 72:11).

The Lord shall be King over all the earth (Zech. 14:9).
Paul: Preached the Body: a living, spiritual organism of which Christ is the Head (Eph 2:22; 4:15-16; 5:23) with heaven rather than earth the focus.

you dont know anything about what the 12 preached....

Status
Not open for further replies.