ECT Things known for ages--Acts 15

SaulToPaul 2

It is between Christ and God, because Israel failed. Christ succeeded. that's what Dan 9 says. That's why Isaiah says 'I will make you (the Servant) a covenant for the nations.'

The new covenant could still be acted upon or anticipated before the death of Christ. God did not change 'theologies' until after the death of Christ actually happened. It was the plan from the foundation of the world, just like parents plan ahead for mishaps.

I already know the NT is not identical to the covenant, but it is a good name because it is all the documents about what he did and wanted from the beginning. The sacrificial death was intended from the beginning. The new covenant does not start some place later in the story.

I hope you get with a pastor about your attitude and grow up.

Put down the commentaries.

SaulToPaul 2

It is between Christ and God, because Israel failed. Christ succeeded. that's what Dan 9 says. That's why Isaiah says 'I will make you (the Servant) a covenant for the nations.'

Why do you play fast and loose with the facts?

Isaiah 42
6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

The people is always Israel.

Interplanner

That is NOT what Jeremiah NOR Hebrews says. This is just another of the MANY cases where your made up fairy story must take precedence over scripture (in your feeble little mind).

Sure, just throw ANY old reference to a covenant in there. Nice work DingleBerry.

You are a HOOT!

Anticipated, YES.... it's PROPHECY. "Acted upon".... DINGLEBERRY!!!!

God said I WILL MAKE.... it's not here yet no matter how twisted your fairy story gets.

I hope that you ditch that nonsense and agree with God and His Word.

On the pastor, if you don't supply his name here, I'll ask others here to ignore, like Mt 18 says.

Yes God said I will make Christ the covenant. He said that in the pre exile prophecy of Isaiah. There is no reason on earth it cannot have been fulfilled in Christ.

Christ is the other party in all the well known Psalms about the event: Ps 2, 16 and 110, which your club avoids.

The sacrifice was the plan from the foundation of the world, or as this OP says, one of the things known for ages. Except in your club.

Christ is the other party in Hebrews, which is why the covenant is also called eternal. It had to be Christ who performed these things on behalf of both Israel and the nations, Rom 15.

You are not very familiar with the NT; no wonder it sounds like 'greek' to you (pun).

The providing Christ with burial herbs was a way of 'acting on' the new covenant/death before it happened. That is what I meant about things happening (like the conversation in Jn 4) that brings in Gentiles before the covenant maker/testator is dead.

You routinely ignore the non-Hebrews-8 references to the new covenant, which is that it is a current ministsry and is for the sins of all people.

Pastor's name and location, please.

SaulToPaul 2

like Mt 18 says.

do you also follow this from Matthew 18?

Matthew 18
8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Right Divider

Body part
On the pastor, if you don't supply his name here, I'll ask others here to ignore, like Mt 18 says.
:rotfl:
I own you nothing and AGAIN you're the CHAPTER BLASTER.

Your Israelite law threats do worry me in the slightest.

Yes God said I will make Christ the covenant. He said that in the pre exile prophecy of Isaiah. There is no reason on earth it cannot have been fulfilled in Christ.

Christ is the other party in all the well known Psalms about the event: Ps 2, 16 and 110, which your club avoids.

The sacrifice was the plan from the foundation of the world, or as this OP says, one of the things known for ages. Except in your club.

Christ is the other party in Hebrews, which is why the covenant is also called eternal. It had to be Christ who performed these things on behalf of both Israel and the nations, Rom 15.

You are not very familiar with the NT; no wonder it sounds like 'greek' to you (pun).

The providing Christ with burial herbs was a way of 'acting on' the new covenant/death before it happened. That is what I meant about things happening (like the conversation in Jn 4) that brings in Gentiles before the covenant maker/testator is dead.

You routinely ignore the non-Hebrews-8 references to the new covenant, which is that it is a current ministsry and is for the sins of all people.
More wild ranting.... that's real nice.

Pastor's name and location, please.
The LORD Jesus Christ; heaven.

Interplanner

The reason God gave us pastors on earth is for actual accountability. I'm talking about a person and in person. And about your insulting. Not your theology; that's up to you.

I'm asking everyone in the club to censor you, not for your theology but for being hateful and insulting. You should not be here, and should not be posting, if you are going to be that immature. STP, Danoh, Must, Tam do not act that way. They need to force you to stop, or they are frauds.

Interplanner

How did you get so ignorant of Scripture? Mt 18 has a paragraph on discipline. If your brother offends you, tell him first, then tell 2-3 others so he will knock it off, then remove him--assuming he hasn't stopped.

This is Christian life 101 and you know nothing about it. That's why your theology is so mixed up.

Interplanner

Meanwhile, if someone from the club wants to summarize Heb 9 on the new covenant, I'm waiting. To do so in a way that addresses the issues that matter to me, you might want to visit 'Heb 9 vs the club' first. So we aren't talking past each other, or so that STP doesn't think I'm speaking of phantoms.

Right Divider

Body part
How did you get so ignorant of Scripture? Mt 18 has a paragraph on discipline. If your brother offends you, tell him first, then tell 2-3 others so he will knock it off, then remove him--assuming he hasn't stopped.

This is Christian life 101 and you know nothing about it. That's why your theology is so mixed up.
Life under the law in Israel .... got it.

The two or three witnesses....

Right Divider

Body part
The reason God gave us pastors on earth is for actual accountability. I'm talking about a person and in person. And about your insulting. Not your theology; that's up to you.

I'm asking everyone in the club to censor you, not for your theology but for being hateful and insulting. You should not be here, and should not be posting, if you are going to be that immature. STP, Danoh, Must, Tam do not act that way. They need to force you to stop, or they are frauds.
You are the only fraud here and I'm mature enough to tell it like it is. If you don't like that, too bad.