ECT They Will Not Receive Thy Testimony: Acts 22: 17-21

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
1 Timothy 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

See also, 1 Cor. 15.

Jesus is still on the throne. He is in my life anyway, yours?

Interplanner

Jesus is still on the throne. He is in my life anyway, yours?

Acts 2 and Eph 1 are not a subjective meaning. The early believers preached that he did reign, even to 'secular' authorities, not to over throw as did the zealots against Rome but to provoke to righteousness and self control. The secular historian Michael Grant has noted that Vespasian even tried to make adultery illegal, in respect to what the Christians said, but of course, marginal impact.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord Jesus Christ, is on the throne and was on it before Israel was cut off.

How come Jesus doesn't know that?

"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne." (Revelation 3:21)

"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory." (Matthew 25:31)

Interplanner

So... you believe that through His present reign that His perfect will is being done on earth as it is in heaven.

:loser:

Who said that was how it would be? That is a prayer. Even in late Acts in persecution Paul said "We have to go through this kind of suffering to enter the kingdom." 'The kingdom does not come with external manifestations', Lk 17 or so.

What matters is that we preach the most unbelievable, unwanted message: that Christ has been enthroned as Lord and King, and that if we don't 'honor the Son / he will be angry and strike them' Ps 2.

Remember not to confuse the impossible kingdom nor some kind of Judean one with the NHNE. The one now even gets filled with weeds that have to be cut and burned at the end of time.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord Jesus Christ, a descendant of King David, kept the statutes and judgements. All others failed.
He is the only person in history eligible to reign on the throne of David forever and that throne(center of rule) can only be Zion/Jerusalem.

:doh:

Jesus has not yet shown himself to the world.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What matters is that we preach the most unbelievable, unwanted message: that Christ has been enthroned as Lord and King, and that if we don't 'honor the Son / he will be angry and strike them' Ps 2.

That's later.

What matters now is that we preach that "GOD was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself and that we(true believers) are ambassadors of Christ and that we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to GOD".

This is the priority.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well yeah, I know.

"If you keep My statutes and My judgments, then I will establish the throne of your kingdom over Israel forever as I promised David your father, saying, 'You shall not fail to have a man on the throne of Israel.'" (1 Kings 9:4-5)

Who is sitting on David's throne today?

Interplanner

That's later.

What matters now is that we preach that "GOD was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself and that we(true believers) are ambassadors of Christ and that we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to GOD".

This is the priority.

They are a unity. There is no later bit to it at all. The resurrection is both how we know we have justification and is the enthronement of the Son of David. In addition Rom 1:2 says the resurrection itself is the declaration that he is the Son of God with power. Acts 17's presentation to the philosophers ends with saying that the resurrection is proof that God will judge all men THROUGH Christ, as well. I have been explaining this the whole time, with some intensity lately!

The cross of Christ is Jesus showing himself to the world, and the resurrection is the powerful proof of the things I just listed.

What is not there is some interposed episode in which he reigns a little while as a king like David in Jerusalem as we know it. If you mean the NHNE fine, but not this world.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
They are a unity. There is no later bit to it at all. The resurrection is both how we know we have justification and is the enthronement of the Son of David. In addition Rom 1:2 says the resurrection itself is the declaration that he is the Son of God with power. Acts 17's presentation to the philosophers ends with saying that the resurrection is proof that God will judge all men THROUGH Christ, as well. I have been explaining this the whole time, with some intensity lately!

The cross of Christ is Jesus showing himself to the world, and the resurrection is the powerful proof of the things I just listed.

What is not there is some interposed episode in which he reigns a little while as a king like David in Jerusalem as we know it. If you mean the NHNE fine, but not this world.

Later:

Christ's very words and you don't believe them:

Mat 25:31* When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:*