ECT They Will Not Receive Thy Testimony: Acts 22: 17-21

Danoh

I tried to answer your question but the server was too busy.

Yep - that happens all the time.

Other times the page will reload on its own.

In either case, what you may have typed can end up lost.

So, best to first highlight and copy the whole thing before clicking on "Submit Reply."

And then there is the issue of the keyboard's built-in spell-check - it either capitalizes words you had not intended on capitalizing, after you move on to a next word in the same sentence, or corrects them to what it concludes from it's memory is the intended spelling.

Clicking on the preferred spelling before moving on, will often save that spelling, though.

But that is a pain to have to keep remembering while trying to focus on allowing the flow of thought.

Lol - especially as nit-picky as I tend to be.

Being automatically very nit-picky is a great attribute to have where the finer distinctions within the things that differ is concerned, but elsewhere, it can be a real pain.

Nevertheless, all things can be turned into a reason to focus on and celebrate each time anew, the truth of Romans 5:8.

:)

glorydaz

In us, where else?

Uh.....That would be the Holy Spirit. Unlike our Lord, the fulness of the Godhead does not dwell in us.

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

2 Cor. 5:5-6 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

John 14:17King James Version (KJV)

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think you know that doesn't speak of a king on the throne of David. But this does.

2 Samuel 7:12-16
And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.​

"Now if you walk before Me as your father David walked, in integrity of heart and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded you, and if you keep My statutes and My judgments, then I will establish the throne of your kingdom over Israel forever, as I promised David your father, saying, ‘You shall not fail to have a man on the throne of Israel.’ But if you or your sons at all turn from following Me and do not keep My commandments and My statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods and worship them, then I will cut off Israel from the land which I have given them and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight." (1 Kings 9:4-7)

"So the Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned from the Lord God of Israel who had appeared to him twice*and had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods, but he did not keep what the Lord had commanded. Therefore the Lord said to Solomon, 'Because you have done this and have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom away from you and give it to your servant. Nevertheless I will not do it in your days for the sake of your father David, I will tear it out of the hand of your son. However I will not tear away the whole kingdom, I will give one tribe to your son for the sake of My servant David, and for the sake of Jerusalem which I have chosen.” (1 Kings 11:9-13)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Uh.....That would be the Holy Spirit.

The Helper is the holy Spirit.

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit" (John 14:26)

Helper is an English word for the Greek word parakletos.

Jesus Christ is our Advocate.

"And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." (1 John 2:1)

Advocate is an English word for the Greek word parakletos.

Jesus Christ is the parakletos and the parakletos is the holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ is the holy Spirit.

glorydaz

"Now if you walk before Me as your father David walked, in integrity of heart and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded you, and if you keep My statutes and My judgments, then I will establish the throne of your kingdom over Israel forever, as I promised David your father, saying, ‘You shall not fail to have a man on the throne of Israel.’ But if you or your sons at all turn from following Me and do not keep My commandments and My statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods and worship them, then I will cut off Israel from the land which I have given them and this house which I have consecrated for My name I will cast out of My sight." (1 Kings 9:4-7)

"So the Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned from the Lord God of Israel who had appeared to him twice*and had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods, but he did not keep what the Lord had commanded. Therefore the Lord said to Solomon, 'Because you have done this and have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom away from you and give it to your servant. Nevertheless I will not do it in your days for the sake of your father David, I will tear it out of the hand of your son. However I will not tear away the whole kingdom, I will give one tribe to your son for the sake of My servant David, and for the sake of Jerusalem which I have chosen.” (1 Kings 11:9-13)

They could not keep following for even one generation. The promise was not for one or two tribes, but for the nation of Israel.

[MENTION=12870]steko[/MENTION] could you help us out here, please?

glorydaz

The Helper is the holy Spirit.

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit" (John 14:26)

Helper is an English word for the Greek word parakletos.

Jesus Christ is our Advocate.

"And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." (1 John 2:1)

Advocate is an English word for the Greek word parakletos.

Jesus Christ is the parakletos and the parakletos is the holy Spirit.

Jesus Christ is the holy Spirit.

Then why does Jesus call the Holy Spirit "another Comforter"....that HE MAY ABIDE IN YOU....even the SPIRIT OF TRUTH?

John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.​

Interplanner

They could not keep following for even one generation. The promise was not for one or two tribes, but for the nation of Israel.

Everything from the old covenant was a shadow or copy of the true one in Christ. These descendancy things don't matter any more. There is no "help" needed. Christ said 'If David calls him Lord, how can (Christ) be his Son?--which means son in the sense you are hopelessly chasing.

glorydaz

Everything from the old covenant was a shadow or copy of the true one in Christ. These descendancy things don't matter any more. There is no "help" needed. Christ said 'If David calls him Lord, how can (Christ) be his Son?--which means son in the sense you are hopelessly chasing.

Good thing I wasn't asking for your help, isn't it?
The pharisees couldn't answer and neither can you.

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.​

SaulToPaul 2

But, you don't even know what the old covenant is.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Then why does Jesus call the Holy Spirit "another Comforter"....that HE MAY ABIDE IN YOU....even the SPIRIT OF TRUTH?

John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.​

Jesus was a human Comforter who resided with them, but not in them.

He said he would return as a different Comforter, one who resided in them.

"To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation."

Our probationary salvation will become permanent at Christ's appearing.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Maybe I can help.

"However I will not tear away the whole kingdom, I will give one tribe to your son" (1 Kings 11:13)

Rehoboam was Solomon's son. Jereboam was an Ephraimite.

Israel was no longer a united kingdom, it was split.

Interplanner

Good thing I wasn't asking for your help, isn't it?
The pharisees couldn't answer and neither can you.

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.​

Of course he was, Rom 1, but not in THEIR (Pharisees) sense. Would you please pay attention to who he is speaking to? The group that imagined a son of David from the old days LIKE YOU DO HERE EVERY DAY had totally missed out who he was. His race/descendancy did not matter as they thought. You people have Christ worshipping and wanting to be David, while in the Bible it was David worshipping Christ, Ps 45, Ps 2, Ps 110, Is 55:3 (Acts 13:34 meaning the enthronement was the resurrection).

North, Tet and I have been trying to tell you that you have the same doctrine in D'ism that post-exile Judaism had. Because you think there is unfinished business about the promises to the fathers! Acts 13 says, contra, that it is finished in the resurrection of Christ, creating the mission of Christ, and that that generation of Israel especially, was to take that mission and reach the whole world.

That is the NT in one line; D'ist vanity is worthless by comparison.

Right Divider

Body part
Of course he was, Rom 1, but not in THEIR (Pharisees) sense. Would you please pay attention to who he is speaking to? The group that imagined a son of David from the old days LIKE YOU DO HERE EVERY DAY had totally missed out who he was. His race/descendancy did not matter as they thought. You people have Christ worshipping and wanting to be David, while in the Bible it was David worshipping Christ, Ps 45, Ps 2, Ps 110, Is 55:3 (Acts 13:34 meaning the enthronement was the resurrection).

North, Tet and I have been trying to tell you that you have the same doctrine in D'ism that post-exile Judaism had. Because you think there is unfinished business about the promises to the fathers! Acts 13 says, contra, that it is finished in the resurrection of Christ, creating the mission of Christ, and that that generation of Israel especially, was to take that mission and reach the whole world.

:french:

You are just hilarious.

SaulToPaul 2

Incoherent ramblings, samples of various commentaries strung together.

Right Divider

Body part
You are harmlessly non-specific again. Christ was a son of David, but it was going to be as different as the kingdom was different. And you can't fault the synopsis of Acts 13; it is exactly what it means, just follow through to v47.
You're tried very hard to turn it into something that it is not.

Sorry, we're not falling for your confused lies.