They Made Me Gay

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And these good people agree with you, they don't hate black people, they just hate the behavior of blacks acting as social equals to whites.

kkk.jpg
Not even close to being the same thing

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
God doesn't create gays, they are created by society. I wonder how many people will learn to be gay at an early age and then regret it as an adult. I predict a lot of outraged people who wish they never got gay. :chuckle:
Just going through some of my old fascinating threads. Memory Lane. I stand by every thread I started.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
TV made me gay | The Eyeopener

By Sidney Drmay
EXCERPT :
"Let’s get one thing clear from the start: Growing up in the late ‘90s/early 2000s was weird because they made cartoon characters hot. I don’t know why they started doing that but they did, and now all us millennials have to live with the reality that a lot of our first crushes were cartoon characters. So thanks for that, animation industry.

As a direct result, my best friend Kayla and I have a list of all the characters from childhood media that made us gay. Well, maybe not ‘made’ us gay necessarily, but certainly helped with that sexual awakening people have and gave us some kind of representation. It’s almost three pages long.

One of my first crushes growing up was Raven from Teen Titans. I would wake up every Saturday and station myself in front of the TV, waiting for the show to start. If I was extra lucky it would be a marathon day. I had never read any of her comics and didn’t even fully realize that the character was actually created in the ‘80s. All I knew was that her snarky attitude and purple hair was super cool.

Raven sparked an unending trend of immediately being obsessed with the spunky, goth girl character in shows as soon as she was introduced. You know the ones: Sky High’s Magenta, Nikki from 6teen, Shego from Kim Possible, Ellie from Degrassi. They were cool, tough, stylish, a little bit scary and defied expected notions of femininity.

It wasn’t until I was part-way through puberty that I realized I didn’t just think these fictional girls were cool, but that I legitimately had crushes on them. They were everything I wanted to be while also being everything I wanted to kiss."

'Painkillers made me gay' Bloke says broken foot changed him from ...

EXCERPT :
"Scott Purdy, 23, says he was a “hot-blooded heterosexual” and enjoyed dating women before he started taking painkiller Pregabalin, also known as Lyrica.
Scott started taking the drug to treat pain caused after he broke his foot in a go-karting accident.

But he claims he quickly lost his sexual appetite for women and broke up with his girlfriend of six months when prescribed Lyrica earlier this year.

Scott says he soon realised that he had developed an attraction to men and had actually turned gay.

He said: "I noticed my libido for women had gone and I was wanting male attention."

Danoh

TV made me gay | The Eyeopener

By Sidney Drmay
EXCERPT :
"Let’s get one thing clear from the start: Growing up in the late ‘90s/early 2000s was weird because they made cartoon characters hot. I don’t know why they started doing that but they did, and now all us millennials have to live with the reality that a lot of our first crushes were cartoon characters. So thanks for that, animation industry.

As a direct result, my best friend Kayla and I have a list of all the characters from childhood media that made us gay. Well, maybe not ‘made’ us gay necessarily, but certainly helped with that sexual awakening people have and gave us some kind of representation. It’s almost three pages long.

One of my first crushes growing up was Raven from Teen Titans. I would wake up every Saturday and station myself in front of the TV, waiting for the show to start. If I was extra lucky it would be a marathon day. I had never read any of her comics and didn’t even fully realize that the character was actually created in the ‘80s. All I knew was that her snarky attitude and purple hair was super cool.

Raven sparked an unending trend of immediately being obsessed with the spunky, goth girl character in shows as soon as she was introduced. You know the ones: Sky High’s Magenta, Nikki from 6teen, Shego from Kim Possible, Ellie from Degrassi. They were cool, tough, stylish, a little bit scary and defied expected notions of femininity.

It wasn’t until I was part-way through puberty that I realized I didn’t just think these fictional girls were cool, but that I legitimately had crushes on them. They were everything I wanted to be while also being everything I wanted to kiss."

'Painkillers made me gay' Bloke says broken foot changed him from ...

EXCERPT :
"Scott Purdy, 23, says he was a “hot-blooded heterosexual” and enjoyed dating women before he started taking painkiller Pregabalin, also known as Lyrica.
Scott started taking the drug to treat pain caused after he broke his foot in a go-karting accident.

But he claims he quickly lost his sexual appetite for women and broke up with his girlfriend of six months when prescribed Lyrica earlier this year.

Scott says he soon realised that he had developed an attraction to men and had actually turned gay.

He said: "I noticed my libido for women had gone and I was wanting male attention."

Nope.

James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Do not---I repeat---do not listen to MrDante if you want to understand probability.

What are the odds that a fair coin comes up heads "99 times?" Well, it's simply 0.5 raised to the power of 99, which is about 633,000-to-1

Whoops! I forgot the trillion trillion. :doh:

The odds of a fair coin coming up heads 99 times in a row is 633,000-trillion-trillion-to-1 against. This is close to being on the order of how many molecules of air there is in the area around you. The odds are the same as picking a single molecule out of the air, randomly. Possible? Yes, technically, logically, probabilistically, yes. But when odds become this unlikely, what becomes more likely is that somebody's cheating.

Your coin that came up 99 times in a row heads, I would bet all I own that it will come up heads again, and you would lose that bet half the time because you're so incalculably and inestimably stupid, and you'd tell your family when you came home broke, shrugging your shoulders, "The answer is fifty/fifty, and I made the right choice."

I know this post is over a year old but....lol!

If he'd lose the coin toss bet "half the time" then it is indeed a 50/50 proposition.

The odds of a coin coming up heads 99 times is indeed astronomical (else something's amiss) yet, his scenario is a hypothetical.
iff (if and only if) the coin (fairly) came up heads 99 times there would still be a 50/50 chance on turn 100.

Arthur Brain

I know this post is over a year old but....lol!

If he'd lose the coin toss bet "half the time" then it is indeed a 50/50 proposition.

The odds of a coin coming up heads 99 times is indeed astronomical (else something's amiss) yet, his scenario is a hypothetical.
iff (if and only if) the coin (fairly) came up heads 99 times there would still be a 50/50 chance on turn 100.

The "half the time" bit was inadvertently funny, don't think he meant that...

:chuckle:

Danoh

God doesn't create gays, they are created by society. I wonder how many people will learn to be gay at an early age and then regret it as an adult. I predict a lot of outraged people who wish they never got gay. :chuckle:

1 - Actually, some are born that way, in fallen Adam - not Genesis 5:1, but Genesis 5:3 after Genesis 3:6; see Rom. 5: 12.

It is man's being born in the image of fallen Adam that results in man's ending up born susceptible to all sorts of resulting abnormalities from birth.

2 - And then there are those who knowingly choose an abnormality.

This principle that some are born with an abnormality and others knowingly choose an abnormality is described in a passage like the following...

Matthew 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

3 - And then there are those whose chosen path down one depravity or another eventually ends them up at all sorts of even worse depravities...

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

4 - Lastly, there are those who unknowingly choose to manifest or live out an abnormality.

As in the case of PTSD or of some other Significantly Traumatic Emotional Event's resulting, automatic, pervasive impact on one's sense of who one is.

And all Behavior is driven by Compulsion.

And all Compulsion is driven by sense of Identity, and sense of Boundaries, and of Meaning and or of sense of Cause and Effect, and so on.

Where the gospel of Christ IS of POWER to over ride ALL those?

Not surprisingly, at the deep level that is Sense of Self.

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Thus, the Apostle Paul's constant reminder to one or another fallen Believer that how they are carrying on is inconsistent with WHO God has made them ANEW IN Christ.

...is inconsistent with their NEW Identity.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power. 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

The Believer who simply focuses him or herself on an Identity LEVEL focus like 'THIS is NOT who I AM IN Christ - I am INSTEAD a NEW Creature IN Christ - THIS; THAT; THE OTHER IN Him!' begins to find this sense of Self compelling his or her Behavior.

It's what is referred to within some circles as "The Grace Life."

My CHOOSING to end all my posts with the following is about such a focus towards one and all - where Scripture asserts God has been looking out all all humanity from, ever since that day on that Cross.

This here...

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Look at yourself and others through that lens and you find yourself never taking their words personal in a negative way.

And you find yourself easily able to over ride the flesh.

And you find it simple to forgive yourself and or them.

Because you are looking at all things from the lens that is Rom.5:6-8.

And you find yourself compelled not to go by the old you, but by the New you IN Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD.

Just a matter of the proper lens, properly studied out and understood, and then simply walked in by faith.

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Pauline Christianity DOES have a "cure" for ALL the abnormality that man is born with; subject to; prone to; and or ends up at, in Adam.

That "cure" is IN Christ.

Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Danoh

It's not OK to be gay.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Presenting no argument for an assertion is just as plain dumb as presenting a dumb argument for one's case.

And whether unintentional or not, either is a result the extremist is right off attracted to, so I am not in the least bit surprised such are immediately compelled to "come out" from out of the woodwork by such simplistic assertions, to post their high-fives.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Presenting no argument for an assertion is just as plain dumb as presenting a dumb argument for one's case.

And whether unintentional or not, either is a result the extremist is right off attracted to, so I am not in the least bit surprised such are immediately compelled to "come out" from out of the woodwork by such simplistic assertions, to post their high-fives.

It's still not OK to be gay.

musterion

It will, one supposes, be okay to be homo in the Lake, because God will be forever done with judging all the unrepentant at that point. Only they'll have something bigger to worry about.

Danoh

It will, one supposes, be okay to be homo in the Lake, because God will be forever done with judging all the unrepentant at that point. Only they'll have something bigger to worry about.

At least that is some sort of an attempt at a case for the argument.

Though a very lazy one at that (for you could have cited the relevant passages - let THEM be the AUTHORITY to the Unbelieving that such passages were meant to be - Isaiah 8:20).

For you forget you are disliked by many on here who's dis-liking YOUR duplicity has brought on you, and who too often, just like you, will focus on their animosity towards the messenger, at the expense of the Truth of a thing ALL would do well to focus on, instead.

Hopefully, one day, you and various of your pals on here will actually "follow Paul" as to the following, towards them that are without...

2 Corinthians 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

6:3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:

6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,

6:5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; 6:6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, 6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, 6:8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; 6:9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;

6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

But you're extremists, as well as duplicitous.

To your kind, to call you and various of your pals out on your consistent failure in the above; and to practice the above towards those that are without, makes one "a leftist."

THAT is my issue with you and your pals.

Your hypocrisy.

It is NOT that your version of MAD is a hybrid or mix of actual Acts 9 MAD with various of the errors of the Acts 28 Position; which is an issue of incompetence, not of intentional wrong doing.

I dispise no one.

That is not my call to make.

Rom. 5:6-8 is...the Believer's lens.

genuineoriginal

Hopefully, one day, you and various of your pals on here will actually "follow Paul"
Paul said this:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.​

"Gay" people fall into the "effeminate" and "abusers of themselves with mankind" categories.

Do not be deceived, there is absolutely no way that a gay person can be saved without repenting of the sin.

Danoh

Paul said this:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.​

"Gay" people fall into the "effeminate" and "abusers of themselves with mankind" categories.

Do not be deceived, there is absolutely no way that a gay person can be saved without repenting of the sin.

What, are you filling in for "Repent GT!", lol

Paul doesn't say there what you are asserting.

Instead, he contrasts between the Behaviours compelled by their former, Lost Identity, or prior status before God, in Adam, with the Behaviours they were now to allow their New, Saved Identity in Christ, to compel them to walk in.

He is contrasting between the Identies and resulting Behaviours of the two - "and such WERE (Identity) some of you - he is not saying they are lost because they returned to the ways of their FORMER Identity(in Adam).

He is calling them out of that; calling them to BE who God HAS made them IN His Son.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

The Corinthian Epistles basically being "reproof" of Behaviour in-consistent with the New Identity the Believer is given in Christ per Romans 5 and 6, Paul is basically preaching Romans 5 and 6 Identity issues to them.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

THAT ARE dead - is an Identity issue. Basic, Pauline self-image IN CHRIST pyschology (study of the spirit and soul) 101.

6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

"Even so we should also walk in newness of life" is a statement about the Behaviour the New Identity enables.

Said New Life IS the Believer's...

6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Said New Identity is what empowers New Life Behaviour.

Just a matter of "that is not who I am anymore - Scripture says I am dead to sin; a New Creature" and so on.

Sin here being both the Old Identity and the Behaviour it can compels.

Romans 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 6:17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You'd be hard pressed to lay out a study showing that Pauline Christianity (Christ through the Apostle Paul) preaches a once saved, ever uncertain, salvation.

Salvation is not on the basis of Behavior.

Again,

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Ephesians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 4:18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 4:19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 4:27 Neither give place to the devil. 4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.