ECT They can't be the same

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That Jesus is the Christ is not the gospel of Christ!

By definition the gospel of Christ is the gospel Christ preached, not a gospel about Christ. Christ's gospel was that we must be born of the Spirit. Why do you deny that?

Cross Reference

The Gospel is the objective fact that justifies from sin; yes a person must believe that. After that is settled, a person works out their salvation in honor of Christ. "What shall I give unto the Lord, for all he's done for me?" Ps 130.

We are not justified from sins by what goes on inside us, but things do go on in us when we are grateful for the gift of justification.

Deal with this and forget the complications you offer up:

"Jesus' death on the cross redeemed you [a fact]. His Life within you is what you need to save you [a faith venture]".

john w

Hall of Fame
Lk 24 is post resurrection! The Lord opened the scriptures to them and they understood. As I said, the preached according to the revelation they had received. You have called me a liar and a deceiver. Now, who does that remind you of?

Pete ��

You lied again, as you said that they did know of it

"V34 shows that the disciples had limited revelation until post resurrection. Lk 24 and the verses I have quoted confirms such. "-you

The had no revelation of the impending dbr-it was hid from them.

You were shown, chapter and verse, where the 12 had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die, and be raised again, the foundation of the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news, as it was hid from them, until after its fulfillment, and yet, they did preach for approximately 3 years, the gospel/good news of the kingdom, during a time in which it was not revealed to them.

Stop your deception.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The context is resurrection.

Exactly and the end result of the gospel is this:

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then cometh the end when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father...​

This is the good news of the kingdom of God.

Interplanner

Deal with this and forget the complications you offer up:

"Jesus' death on the cross redeemed you [a fact]. His Life within you is what you need to save you [a faith venture]".

But the life within us is not what saves us; it is not what justifies us. Christian theology becomes totally derailed if justification and transformation are mixed up or cross-attributed. It's not complicated to see this.

Interplanner

Exactly and the end result of the gospel is this:

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then cometh the end when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father...​

This is the good news of the kingdom of God.

There is good news about the reign of God but it is not another Gospel.

Cross Reference

The Gospel is the objective fact that justifies from sin; yes a person must believe that. After that is settled, a person works out their salvation in honor of Christ. "What shall I give unto the Lord, for all he's done for me?" Ps 130.

We are not justified from sins by what goes on inside us, but things do go on in us when we are grateful for the gift of justification.

Jesus redeemed all mankind from the penalty of Adam's transgression. It is up to mankind to chose Him to make it effective and move on into the purposes for which God created him. . . . that means you. End of story..

SaulToPaul 2

The Lord Himself and the 12 preached the gospel of the kingdom for three years while the Lord walked the earth (Matthew 4:23 KJV).

The gospel Paul received and preached is that Christ died for our sins, that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

There is no way those two gospels are the same.

:up:

A complete impossibility of being the same. Otherwise, words have no meaning at all and we may as well chuck the Bible and watch tv.

revpete

You lied again, as you said that they did know of it

"V34 shows that the disciples had limited revelation until post resurrection. Lk 24 and the verses I have quoted confirms such. "-you

The had no revelation of the impending dbr-it was hid from them.

You were shown, chapter and verse, where the 12 had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die, and be raised again, the foundation of the 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV good news, as it was hid from them, until after its fulfillment, and yet, they did preach for approximately 3 years, the gospel/good news of the kingdom, during a time in which it was not revealed to them.

Stop your deception.

John: 2. 22. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
As I said, limited. Jesus told them and that means limited revelation:

Matthew: 17. 22. And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men: 23. And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

They were sorry! They understood as best they could at the time. You have been shown chapter and verse. I will not call you a deceiver for I believe that you are deceived yourself. Anyway I thought I answered this post. 😊

Pete 👤

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

A complete impossibility of being the same. Otherwise, words have no meaning at all and we may as well chuck the Bible and watch tv.

That is only your opinion, not the view of the Bible.

You expect people to believe that after Christ rose from the dead and opened their understanding and showed them Himself mentioned in the OT, (His sacrifice for sin and all) that they soon forgot until Paul came along,

when Paul himself entered into the Body of Christ the same as all others in the book of Acts.

You must think all people are stupid.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
John: 2. 22. When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
As I said, limited. Jesus told them and that means limited revelation:

Matthew: 17. 22. And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men: 23. And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.

They were sorry! They understood as best they could at the time. You have been shown chapter and verse. I will not call you a deceiver for I believe that you are deceived yourself. Anyway I thought I answered this post. ��

Pete ��

Made up.

Stop your deception.

Nowhere in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, at least prior to the desth, burial, resurrection, will you find 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV being preached as the "good news", the basis for our salvation and justification.

Nowhere.

Consider this. You cannot preach what you do not know. You cannot believe that which you do not know.

During the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry, the apostles and disciples had no knowledge of his impending, death, burial, and resurrection:

"From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee" Mt. 16:21 KJV

"And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him." Mark 8:31 KJV

Comment: Obviously, Peter was attempting to prevent the Lord's death, the very death that would reconcile him! If the death, burial, and resurrection was the grounds for Peter's salvation and justification(as Paul expounds on in his epistles), why was Peter trying to prevent the very thing that would be the basis for his justification? See also John 18:10 KJV. Did he ever preach 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV ? If he had, his rebuke of the Lord would be a non-sensical reaction!

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is
delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after thathe is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31 KJV

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken[/B]." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day...." Luke 24:45 KJV

Read it:

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

Comment: Notice they did not know it or understand it prior to His
death! They were not preaching 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Even after the Lord's death, burial, and resurrection, they initially did
not believe it:

"And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted." Mt. 28:17 KJV

"And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:11 KJV

"And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not." Luke 24:9-11 KJV

" And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?" Luke 24:41 KJV

And what is the simple reason for 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV not being preached?:

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." 1 Cor. 2:7 KJV

Even the prophets did not understand it:

"Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

"Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into." 1 Peter 1:10-12 KJV

The gospel of the kingdom is not equivalent to 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV:

-death-Peter tried to prevent the Lord Jesus Christ's death, the very death that would reconcile him.
-burial
-resurrection-Peter, and the 10, initially did not believe that He rose.

And yet they were preaching, for approximately 3 years, "the gospel of the kingdom." They were clueless that He was going to die, and be raised, all while preaching "the gospel of the kingdom."

It was hid from them-and yet, they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdon" for approx. 3 years..

Again-Luke 18 KJV:

31Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Read it: "Then"=years after they began preaching the gospel of the kingdom, when they were clueless that He would:

-die
-be resurrected

Read it-1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV:

-death
-burial
-resurrection

Even satan did not know of the implications of the dbr:

1 Cor. 2:
6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

This is part of the mystery revealed to Paul via direct revelation from the risen, ascended, glorified "Lord from heaven."

Peter, according to most rebels:" Hey everyone! Good news! The master is going to die, be raised again for our justification! Believe this "good news" I am preaching, "the gospel of the kingdom," which the master told me, and the 11 to preach, including that great "the gospel" preacher Judas, to be justified!!! Well, gotta go, as I hear the master is about to talk about His impending death, and I need to prevent this, even though it will reconcile me, and He is also talking about His resurrection, which, it turns out, I won't believe, initially, after it happens...........

Straight jacket time.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is only your opinion, not the view of the Bible.

You expect people to believe that after Christ rose from the dead and opened their understanding and showed them Himself mentioned in the OT, (His sacrifice for sin and all) that they soon forgot until Paul came along,

when Paul himself entered into the Body of Christ the same as all others in the book of Acts.

You must think all people are stupid.

LA

Interplanner

You can't make statements like that until you diagram in Greek. It is more precise than English because there is a distinct spelling for several cases.

The first line (above) is not saying that the gospel is about the kingdom; it is saying that there is one that is joined with it, that comes with it, that works synergistically with it. Which we know from the case of the prepositional phrase.

We know that as he was born, the fact that he would save people from their sins was being preached. We know that as his ministry started he was called the Lamb of God in public. Duh, what's a lamb for in 1st century Judaism?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus only taught what the Father allowed him to teach. The disciples who traveled with Jesus did not truly understand scripture until they had God's Spirit. The same is true of Paul.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You can't make statements like that until you diagram in Greek. It is more precise than English because there is a distinct spelling for several cases.

The first line (above) is not saying that the gospel is about the kingdom; it is saying that there is one that is joined with it, that comes with it, that works synergistically with it. Which we know from the case of the prepositional phrase.

We know that as he was born, the fact that he would save people from their sins was being preached. We know that as his ministry started he was called the Lamb of God in public. Duh, what's a lamb for in 1st century Judaism?

I'll second that.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
By definition the gospel of Christ is the gospel Christ preached, not a gospel about Christ. Christ's gospel was that we must be born of the Spirit. Why do you deny that?

How can I have a conversation with you when you won't acknowledge that WHO the Lord is, is different than WHY He died? I know you have noidea what you are talking about when you saywhat you said above that I bolded.

The gospel of Christ is the term used to describe the gospel (gospel=good news) that Paul received and preached directly from the risen, ascended Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). It is the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV although today to all men Titus 2:11 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) that was before a mystery (Romans 16:25-26 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) is declared in (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), is the gospel by which we have received, wherein we stand, by which also we are saved!