ECT There is only one Gospel

Danoh

Since I don't have leprosy I would have to do so, also the Levitical priests are not in service.

:yawn:

Apparently I was talking to that cute pooch :chuckle:

My point was that even you find that some things that had applied at one time; no longer do.

What MAD refers to as "Becuase all Scripture is for us; but it is not all to us, nor all about us - the things that differ must be considerd..."

Interplanner

No matter how badly you want it to be true, you cannot make the different gospels in the Bible say the same thing.

Deal with it...

Deal with the formidable unity of the NT. There is one faith, hope, new covenant, Gospel, body, baptism, etc. What don't you understand about that?

What don't you understand about the 3 evidences right in Gal 1-2?

Why do you want things fragmented?

What is in it for you to have several gospels? How will it help you spread the only one that matters and what happens when you do?

Interplanner

No matter how badly you want it to be true, you cannot make the different gospels in the Bible say the same thing.

Deal with it...

I don't make them say the same thing. Christ does in Lk 24. He says that all those things are unified in him and true and fulfilled in him. We probably think that's easy with Is 53 and Dan 9, but Israel has trouble with Is 53, right? And futurists have trouble with Dan 9. But he was saying the expected kingdom or reign had arrived with him. It is simply that it is not the usual.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't make them say the same thing. Christ does in Lk 24. He says that all those things are unified in him and true and fulfilled in him. We probably think that's easy with Is 53 and Dan 9, but Israel has trouble with Is 53, right? And futurists have trouble with Dan 9. But he was saying the expected kingdom or reign had arrived with him. It is simply that it is not the usual.
There is only one gospel now, but not in the first century

Interplanner

Hi amd here is what INTERPLANNER who taught a year of Greek did not check !!

The Greek word " HEARD /AKOUO means to hear by BY HERESY OR by Rumor !!

Now here is what Gal 2:18 is written by the Holy Spirit , FOR since what things I TORN DOWN , these things Rebuild Again , I constitute Myself a TRANSGRESSOR !!

You are the one that NEEDS to educate yourself !!

These is just a short answer !!

dan p

???

Interplanner

There is only one gospel now, but not in the first century

The only other legitimate gospel (glad tidings, wonderful announcement) that has any place would be in the return from the exile; the good news of the return. That was long gone. Now come to the 1st century. He's clearly not going mess with Rome or any theocracy, Jn 6. He's there to let the power of the Gospel reign. He trains Jewish missionaries to spread it. So the idea that he only went to the lost sheep is missing why he did that--if those who blast it around think it meant there is 2P2P in the NT, which there is not.

Interplanner

Who cares how many gospels, the fact is there is only one name by which people can be saved.

Thanks, that should be on the list in my #4 or 5. It is so annoying to find people who think these various condensations of redemptive truth ARE IN CONFLICT!!! It is so ignorant, so amateur. And look who said it (your quote)--Peter!!!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Gal 1
23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

Act 9
19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

This is not the same as 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV), the gospel of Christ.

Rocket science, this is not.

Silly.

Paul was preaching that the man they crucified in Jerusalem and was raised from the dead, was indeed the son of God.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The WHO of Christ is not the WHY of the cross/the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). :duh:

I have come to the conclusion you have been given no insight into the Truth of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ at all.

Otherwise, you would not continually and unrepentantly post the blasphemies that come into your unenlightened mind.

I fear for your soul and any other supportive friends who think you know God. Rather, more and more, you exhibit the spirit of anti-Christ, by opposing His Word and Person.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The fact is, believing in the name is not the gospel of your salvation!

The Jews believed it was. The high priest asked the apostles, "Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine and intend to bring this Man’s blood on us!" (Acts 5:28)

The Holy Spirit inspired Peter to exclaim, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

The gift of God through the Holy Spirit is eternal life (salvation). (Romans 6:23)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not sure where else a Gentile would expect to find the gospel of our salvation than written by the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13 KJV) given the dispensation of the grace of God to usward (Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV)!

Are you not one of Jesus' lost sheep?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Jews believed it was. The high priest asked the apostles, "Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine and intend to bring this Man’s blood on us!" (Acts 5:28)

The Holy Spirit inspired Peter to exclaim, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)
You poor soul. That is not the gospel of your salvation!

The gift of God through the Holy Spirit is eternal life (salvation). (Romans 6:23)
This is Paul preaching not Peter. Don't rob Paul to pay Peter. Peter told them to do something for the remission of sins looking forward to the blotting out of their sins. I already showed it to you by the scriptures here

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118903-unfinished-business&p=4779316&viewfull=1#post4779316