There is no Hell

way 2 go

The Hebrew word "sheol" means "grave." The Hebrew word "sheol" never, ever, means "hell."
and the grave is hell for the rich man

Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

hell is an actual place

hell G86
ᾅδης
hadēs
hah'-dace
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1492; properly unseen, that is, “Hades” or the place (state) of departed souls: - grave, hell.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Yes he did say "Yahshua." The "ah" was dropped by translators and those who spoke Hebrew in order not to speak God's name. Y’shua is Yahshua
After the return from Babylonian captivity the Jews began a practice of not speaking or writing God’s name.

By not pronouncing his name correctly this piece of scripture would go unnoticed.

Exodus 23:21
Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.
Yah / wah and Yah / Shua

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
Yah / Shua

Yeshua is 'salvation' in Hebrew, used 87 times in Hebrew OT.

'Yahshua' was made up.....in 1930's to push a false doctrine.

way 2 go

Problem is that people don't have the ability to consciously choose to believe things.

do you consciously believe that?

spchlss.gif

CherubRam

and the grave is hell for the rich man

Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

hell is an actual place

hell G86
ᾅδης
hadēs
hah'-dace
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1492; properly unseen, that is, “Hades” or the place (state) of departed souls: - grave, hell.

Yeshua is 'salvation' in Hebrew, used 87 times in Hebrew OT.

'Yahshua' was made up.....in 1930's to push a false doctrine.

That is not correct.

dodge

While you were out to lunch your train came in and left without you.
The word hell was not originally in the Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic text, as the so called biased translators have tried to establish it as scripture; but they were not good enough to cover up the reality of what God is saying. The source of this word hell and the concept of eternal torture is not Christian, but Pagan. You can find it in Babylon, in Greece, and especially Rome. But if you dig a little bit deeper you will see that it is bad translations that have infected this doctrine of Damnation in scriptures. As a matter of fact, scripture teaches the opposite.

At least I believe scripture , which I obviously cannot say about you !

Rev 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Question one: How long is forever and ever ?

Question 2: If they are in torment forever and ever how do you pervert scripture and make it where they do not live forever in torment as scripture teaches ?

CherubRam

At least I believe scripture , which I obviously cannot say about you !

Rev 14:11
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Question one: How long is forever and ever ?

Question 2: If they are in torment forever and ever how do you pervert scripture and make it where they do not live forever in torment as scripture teaches ?

Rev 14:11 is a parable. The "smoke," or "fire, is parabolic for JUDGEMENT. Torment is the wrong word used. The verse should read "smoke of their punishment."

This here is the literal and not in the parabolic form.
Job 27:8
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

rstrats

way 2 go,
re: "do you consciously believe that?"

Yes - I'm conscious and I believe what I said. The reason is due to the fact that I have never been able to consciously choose any of the beliefs that I have, nor has anyone that I have asked to demonstrate such an ability complied with my request.

dodge

Rev 14:11 is a parable. The "smoke," or "fire, is parabolic for JUDGEMENT. Torment is the wrong word used. The verse should read "smoke of their punishment."

This here is the literal and not in the parabolic form.
Job 27:8
For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

Got ya, every place where scripture teaches and describes hell you conveniently believe is wrong , or change !

CherubRam

dodge

Your power of reason is defective. Hell has never been a teaching in Orthodox Judaism from which Christianity comes from. The Gnostic's and Pagans added it to scriptures. You need to get yourself a study bible. The best one is the NIV KJV study bible. Link: http://www.amazon.com/NIV-KJV-Parallel-Bible-Zondervan/dp/0310906628

My reasoning powers are just fine. Your denial of scripture teaching about hell is defective.

Daniel 12:2,3 (NET)
12:2 Many of those who sleep in the dusty ground will awake – some to everlasting life, and others to shame and everlasting abhorrence. 3 But the wise will shine like the brightness of the heavenly expanse. And those bringing many to righteousness will be like the stars forever and ever.

rstrats

ECT must be true; otherwise how could justice be truly served if folks are not going to be eternally tortured for having coveted their neighbor's ox?

CherubRam

My reasoning powers are just fine. Your denial of scripture teaching about hell is defective.

Daniel 12:2,3 (NET)
12:2 Many of those who sleep in the dusty ground will awake – some to everlasting life, and others to shame and everlasting abhorrence. 3 But the wise will shine like the brightness of the heavenly expanse. And those bringing many to righteousness will be like the stars forever and ever.

Abhorrence is a feeling of repulsion; disgusted loathing. That is what those who have everlasting life feel toward the others. Again, your power of reason is defective, you are in denial.

dodge

Abhorrence is a feeling of repulsion; disgusted loathing. That is what those who have everlasting life feel toward the others. Again, your power of reason is defective, you are in denial.

Both groups awake from the dead.

Some to everlasting life.

Some to everlasting abhorrence.

2 different groups.

Looks like your reading skills needs some work.

CherubRam

2 different groups.

Your elevator is not going to the top, dude. Example: "the sight of drug dealers on his street fills him with abhorrence." Example: Job 27:8. For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

dodge

Your elevator is not going to the top, dude. Example: "the sight of drug dealers on his street fills him with abhorrence." Example: Job 27:8. For what hope have the godless when they are cut off, when God takes away their life?

You are chaining God's word to suit your personal agenda. YOU are not God and have no right to change His word.

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post

2 different groups.

CherubRam

You are chaining God's word to suit your personal agenda. YOU are not God and have no right to change His word.

Quote Originally Posted by dodge View Post

2 different groups.

Example: Eternal punishment is death.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Yahshua our lord".

CherubRam

Example: Genesis 18:25
Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

CherubRam

Example: Matthew 10:28
And do not fear them which can kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in [hell / Gehenna.

CherubRam

Example: Ecclesiastes 9:5
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.