The Wrath of God

Robert Pate

Banned
“The Bible is the only thing that we have to go by.”

And it ends with the book of revelations the 22 chapter.

There are some red letter texts back here:

Rev 22: 12

And behold I am coming quickly and My reward is with Me to give to every one according to his work

John follows up His promise with

Verse 14 “Blessed are those who do His commandments that they may have the right to the tree of life and may enter through the gates into the city.
15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters and whoever loves and practices a lie.”

So well there ya go...all we got is the Bible and here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith OF His son...

The end result, conclusion, of living by faith...

His faith which you disdain is my obsolete jewish religion...these laws and rules of His faith give one the RIGHT to the tree of life...

Again you said: “Your jewish religion is obsolete because “the Just Shall Live By Faith” and not by laws rules or religion.”

You completely miss that “the Just shall live by faith” IS the OT covenant...

As for Paul...

Was reminded of this text, and you should be too:

2 Cor 5: 9-10 Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him. For we must ALL appear before the judgement seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Paul said, "That I might be found in him, NOT HAVING MY OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT IS OF THE LAW, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

You are not there. You have the righteousness of the law.

clefty

I do understand what you mean.
I just don't agree because Jesus says plainly to obey his teachings then he will live in you.

Well it gets confused sometimes the flow chart...

we are sinful the Father draws us to His Son by the Spirit...we hear His message of salvation ...choose whether we need saving or not...if we acknowledge our need to be saved we then realize what was done for us to be saved...and then reaching out to Him we repent die to ourselves and declare a desire to become more like Him do as He did and less like our former selves...

through the Spirit and our chosen actions a life time process of regeneration and change from what we were to what He wants for us begins...into what He wants for His people...sometimes we fail but then repent regenerate and repeat...

quickly it becomes less about ourselves and our own salvation but in gratitude for what He did for us it is our desire to please Him with our sacrificed lives and sacrifices of our lips which demonstrate we wish to glorify Him and what He did and Who He is...and primarily by doing what He asked us to do...this of course are the works others see and know we are no longer our selves but His...IN HIM...wishing to do HIS WAY...all to His Glory and Honor for what He did for not only us but any who would believe and wish to live this faith walk...JUST AS He did...

Yup...all this looks better exeplified and not in writing BTW

Really? That is interesting; like what?
stuff He asked us to do to please Him and show others His glory...nothing of this world, or any of man made traditions...but to do that which He commanded which helps indicate we are a peculiar people Holy...no longer of this world either...and have learned rather mercy than sacrifice...

He was lifted up and draws all, but many resist.
yup...and just like the serpent lifted up became an idol...so too have people made Him part of their false worship...claiming they are His but doing what is not of Him His Way or faith...

Jesus told the disciples to do what the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to do because they sat in Moses' seat and enforced the law. Jesus also said that the temple would be destroyed.
after the Law was written in the hearts and minds of His people...

That is proof that the purification works of the law would be no more one day,
they were His people to do His Way looooong before the temple was even built...and also between the temples...certainly after...

and they were worthless when it came to salvation.
right...the entire OT was “Mercy rather than sacrifice...the just shall live by faith” but its necessary to distinguish who is with Him and who isnt...not just for His sake but for ours...cant claim to be His and then live the others...you have read the OT yes? Ok same thing in the New Covenant...but with a more sure quarantee...ironically less faith needed that the OT as well PROOF arrived...and what was expected was exemplified perfectly...

The dietary law was another on cleaning oneself and the observance of special days were all about Jesus. Jesus is our Sabbath Rest and he makes us clean no matter what our diet is.
so He is a day of rest and we can eat humans

but that’s boring...LOL

That is for sure.
so let’s keep studying...

clefty

Paul said, "That I might be found in him, NOT HAVING MY OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS THAT IS OF THE LAW, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.
yup...not keeping the law to gain righteousness but because it’s already gifted to me...changed me...killed my former self and now I am in Him doing His way and not my own...

You are not there. You have the righteousness of the law.
and now you claim I have what NO ONE EVER DID...lol

Robert Pate

Banned
yup...not keeping the law to gain righteousness but because it’s already gifted to me...changed me...killed my former self and now I am in Him doing His way and not my own...

and now you claim I have what NO ONE EVER DID...lol

If you are living by law you are not doing it God's way. God's way is for you to live by the Spirit. Why do you think Paul said, "The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life?"

clefty

If you are living by law you are not doing it God's way. God's way is for you to live by the Spirit. Why do you think Paul said, "The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life?"

Because the Spirit guides you to walk in His Way which is obedience to His Father’s will...which is for you to live...which goes back to do this and live

His wrath is coming again and just like last time only those who have faith and obey will be covered and be passed over...

beloved57

God has no Wrath towards them Christ died for and became a propitiation for them 1 Jn 2:2

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

A whole World of folks !

Robert Pate

Banned
Because the Spirit guides you to walk in His Way which is obedience to His Father’s will...which is for you to live...which goes back to do this and live

His wrath is coming again and just like last time only those who have faith and obey will be covered and be passed over...

The Holy Spirit enlightens us and draws us to Christ, not the law. In the judgment God will see us "In Christ" and we will escape judgment and his wrath.

God's Truth

The Holy Spirit enlightens us and draws us to Christ, not the law. In the judgment God will see us "In Christ" and we will escape judgment and his wrath.

God draws us with loving kindness.

We DRAW near to God because of a better HOPE given us than that of the law; we hope in the perfection we receive through Jesus. See Hebrews 7:18, 19.

God's Truth

Well it gets confused sometimes the flow chart...

we are sinful the Father draws us to His Son by the Spirit...we hear His message of salvation ...choose whether we need saving or not...if we acknowledge our need to be saved we then realize what was done for us to be saved...and then reaching out to Him we repent die to ourselves and declare a desire to become more like Him do as He did and less like our former selves...

See then, you believe as I do that we repent of our sins and die to the sins of the world and live to please Jesus.
through the Spirit and our chosen actions a life time process of regeneration and change from what we were to what He wants for us begins...into what He wants for His people...sometimes we fail but then repent regenerate and repeat...

I am glad that you believe as I do that we repent after being saved if we sin.

So many here say no to that.
quickly it becomes less about ourselves and our own salvation but in gratitude for what He did for us it is our desire to please Him with our sacrificed lives and sacrifices of our lips which demonstrate we wish to glorify Him and what He did and Who He is...and primarily by doing what He asked us to do...this of course are the works others see and know we are no longer our selves but His...IN HIM...wishing to do HIS WAY...all to His Glory and Honor for what He did for not only us but any who would believe and wish to live this faith walk...JUST AS He did...

Yup...all this looks better exeplified and not in writing BTW

stuff He asked us to do to please Him and show others His glory...nothing of this world, or any of man made traditions...but to do that which He commanded which helps indicate we are a peculiar people Holy...no longer of this world either...and have learned rather mercy than sacrifice...

yup...and just like the serpent lifted up became an idol...so too have people made Him part of their false worship...claiming they are His but doing what is not of Him His Way or faith...

after the Law was written in the hearts and minds of His people...

they were His people to do His Way looooong before the temple was even built...and also between the temples...certainly after...

right...the entire OT was “Mercy rather than sacrifice...the just shall live by faith” but its necessary to distinguish who is with Him and who isnt...not just for His sake but for ours...cant claim to be His and then live the others...you have read the OT yes? Ok same thing in the New Covenant...but with a more sure quarantee...ironically less faith needed that the OT as well PROOF arrived...and what was expected was exemplified perfectly...

so He is a day of rest and we can eat humans

Jesus does say that with thankfulness the food is made clean.
Humans are not food for humans.

We are to abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

but that’s boring...LOL

I know what you mean; but it is also refreshing and so good to hear truth in this world of so much false teachings. Jesus says he wants us to be like-minded.

so let’s keep studying...

That sounds good to me.

clefty

See then, you believe as I do that we repent of our sins and die to the sins of the world and live to please Jesus.

I am glad that you believe as I do that we repent after being saved if we sin.

So many here say no to that.

Jesus does say that with thankfulness the food is made clean.
Humans are not food for humans.

We are to abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

I know what you mean; but it is also refreshing and so good to hear truth in this world of so much false teachings. Jesus says he wants us to be like-minded.

That sounds good to me.

Exactly

Humans are NOT food for humans....but why?

Just like pig is not food for believers...we know why.

Things strangled or full of blood are also NOT food.

This implies the dietary regulations ARE in place.

Please don’t tell me a pig or dog or snake if NOT strangled or NOT full of blood IS food...

Killing something unclean correctly or draining its blood does NOT make it clean.

And eating clean meat offered to idols makes it unclean.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Exactly

Humans are NOT food for humans....but why?

Just like pig is not food for believers...we know why.

Things strangled or full of blood are also NOT food.

This implies the dietary regulations ARE in place.

Please don’t tell me a pig or dog or snake if NOT strangled or NOT full of blood IS food...

Killing something unclean correctly or draining its blood does NOT make it clean.

And eating clean meat offered to idols makes it unclean.

Jesus told Peter that nothing was unclean, Acts 10:9-16.

clefty

Jesus told Peter that nothing was unclean, Acts 10:9-16.

Peter himself did not translate the vision that way.

Instead verse 28

“Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.”

It was NOT about making unclean meats clean but to spread the gospel to gentiles...

Or you mean they are food now? LOL