The Word "WHOSOEVER" Refutes Calvinism, All Religions

john w

Hall of Fame
Also show me a scripture that says prove that your an elect ?

No, no misdirection, create a moving target, as that is not how it works, as you are marching to my orders, bedeviled one, as I stay on topic, your "argument." Prove that you are one of "the elect."

You won't, explaining why you cannot understand the book, the verse(s), in question, per 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, 1 Cor. 2:14 KJV.

Get saved, un-elect one.

Keep posting, serving as a witness, to your scam, con game.

beloved57

No, no misdirection, create a moving target, as that is not how it works, as you are marching to my orders, bedeviled one, as I stay on topic, your "argument." Prove that you are one of "the elect."

You won't, explaining why you cannot understand the book, the verse(s), in question, per 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, 1 Cor. 2:14 KJV.

Get saved, un-elect one.

Show me a scripture that says man has a freewill, Show me a scripture that tells people to prove they are elect !

john w

Hall of Fame
Show me a scripture that says man has a freewill,

Already did, but, due to not being one of "the elect," per 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, 1 Cor. 2:14 KJV, you cannot understand the book, the verse(s), in question.

Show me a scripture that tells people to prove they are elect !

Quite irrelevant. "gospel" =good news.

You can't be this stupid. I know that I am justified, having testified to it, on TOL, for years, devil child, from the book's testimony.

In contrast, you do not know, if you are one of "the elect." My evidence? Your silence. You are caught, in a trap, by your satanic Calvinist "logic."

1.Show me the scripture that says that you are one of "the elect," or

2. Prove that you are one of "the elect."

Not a peep.

Get saved, un-elect one.

beloved57

Already did, but, due to not being one of "the elect," per 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, 1 Cor. 2:14 KJV, you cannot understand the book, the verse(s), in question.

You can't be this stupid. I know that I am justified, having testified to it, on TOL, for years, devil child, from the book's testimony.

In contrast, you do not know, if you are one of "the elect." My evidence? Your silence. You are caught, in a trap, by your satanic Calvinist "logic."

Not a peep.

Get saved, un-elect one.

I didnt think so !

john w

Hall of Fame
I didnt think so !

That is your best return serve, un-elect one?

Not a peep, as I've, as usual, reduced you to one line sound bytes.

Get saved, un-elect one.

Calvinism...Roman Catholicism....Both works-based "salvation" religions, from hell......Same dirty birds, just different cages..........

beloved57

That is your best return serve, un-elect one?

Not a peep, as I've, as usual, reduced you to one line sound bytes.

Get saved, un-elect one.

Calvinism...Roman Catholicism....Both works-based "salvation" religions, from hell......Same dirty birds, just different cages..........
Again, I didn't think so !

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

john w

Hall of Fame
Again, I didn't think so !

And you don't think that the Lord Jesus Christ is God. And?

I picked you apart. Keep spamming your weighty one line sound bytes, so that the TOL audience can continue to laugh at you, drone. You're a Calvinist/Clavinist barbiturate.....A real downer...

beloved57

And you don't think that the Lord Jesus Christ is God. And?

I picked you apart. Keep spamming your weighty one line sound bytes, so that the TOL audience can continue to laugh at you, drone. You're a Calvinist/Clavinist barbiturate.....A real downer...
Show me the scripture that says man has a freewill!

beloved57

Already have-poor 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV/1 Cor. 2:14 KJV unelect one.

Show me the scripture that says Allah is God, as you say.

You constantly running off at he mouth, so show me the scripture that says man has or was given a freewill !

Shasta

John 3:16 has been cited a number of times already. Perhaps we need to consider the meaning of the words in the original language. In the NKJV it reads as follows:

16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
(NKJV)

The word "believes" is a present tense participle. The present tense in Greek indicates not single act but continual action. If John had meant to say a person need only exercise faith once in his life and salvation would be forever guaranteed he would have used the aorist tense. He used the aorist tense of the verb "gave" because God's act of giving the son occurred only once. When he speaks of believing (or having faith) he uses the present tense indicating that the promise of eternal life is for those who "believe and continue to believe. The verb "should not perish" by contrast is in the subjunctive mood which makes it a hypothetical future state. The fact that it is hypothetical does not make it uncertain. It simply means that being in the future it has not happened yet. Also, the word "perish" is presented in the Middle Voice meaning that the person is both an instigator and a recipient of the action. In this case it means that the one who believes will not "cause himself to perish." Some here claim that damnation like salvation is wholly an act of God. This scripture says, essentially, that unbelievers cause their own destruction. The word "have (everlasting life)" is also in the subjunctive mood indicating that this final state of inheriting eternal life is potential but not actual. He is not saying we will certainly have it but that we will providing certain conditions are met, the condition being ongoing faith in Christ. Lest you think I have misrepresented these words let me present the opinion of Daniel B. Wallace, Professor of NT Greek at DTS who translated the present participle of believe in John 3:16 as "everyone who continually believes (Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics, p. 620.).

Greek scholar and linguist A.T. Robertson adds the following:

That whosoever believeth may in him have eternal life (ινα πας ο πιστευων εν αυτωι εχηι ζωην αιωνιον — hina pas ho pisteuōn en autōi echēi zōēn aiōnion). Final use of ινα — hina with present active subjunctive of εχω — echō that he may keep on having eternal life

[Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament
http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/robertsons-word-pictures/john/john-3-15.html]

Eternal life is not a single transaction or a one-time deposit. It is an ongoing process of walking with and knowing God (John 17:3).

Jesus explained how eternal life works to the woman at the well:

10...If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
14 But whosoever drinketh (i.e. takes a drink)of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
(KJV) John 4:10,13,14

Jesus was focused on the moment when she would take a drink of the water of life but that would not be a one-time event for the water would become a spring of flowing water "springing up" unto everlasting life. It generates an internal connection with the living God. The one drink sets in motion the process that is called eternal life. The well will continue to flow so long as the channel remains open. If it is filled with rocks (as the inhabitants of the Land did to the wells of Isaac) the flow can be hindered or even blocked. However if we continue to believe in Him, however He will continue to supply us with life. Eternal life is not something separate from Him. He is our life and knowing Him experientially (John 17:3) is our experience of eternal life. Our responsibility is not to earn salvation because that is impossible. We are supposed to abide, remain and continue in the flow of life that comes from the Vine to (John 15:4,6).

Last edited:

Shasta

Wheres the scripture that says man has a freewill ?
Every time God commanded people to do something or not do something the existence of volition (or freewill) is assumed. When He told the First Parents not to eat of the Tree of Knowledge the fact that they could disobey His commands was a given. No rational being would order an inanimate object to act (on its own) when it lacks the power to respond. If man has no volition all God's commands to man would be predicated on nonsense. Joshua 24:15 says 14 "Now, therefore, fear the LORD and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15" If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

To "serve" means to submit ones will to (see also Romans 6:16). When Joshua addressed Israel they both knew Israel had the power either to submit their wills to false gods or the true God. Joshua urged them to make the right choice. The ability to make such a choice (for or against God's will) is precisely what "volition" or "will" is.

Choices are presented to men throughout the whole of the Bible. Every time God commands men to do something or not to do something the existence of human will is reaffirmed. The evidence is overwhelming. Your commitment to the bare literality of words exemplified by your demand "show me a scripture that says (literally) 'man has freewill' prevents you from seeing it. Your unquestioning loyalty to John Calvin's teaching prevents you from thinking for yourself.