The Wonderful Dispensation of Grace

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
godrulz said:
Someone is making money off of it. It has an organization to publish it, I imagine.

Clete. I was aware of his status and influences. Thx.
Then why do you give this deceiver the time of day?

On what grounds is he qualified to have a reasoned and civil discussion with you about the integrity of the book of John? This man claims to be a Christian godrulz! He blasphemes the name of Christ every time he logs on to this web site with that title under his name and you speak to him as though he's just some average Joe Blow who is a little confused about the truth. He's not confused, he a liar and he is helping lead people away from the truth and your sitting here giving him all the credibility in the world by even entertaining his participation in such a discussion. Paul directly commanded us not to associate with people who claim to be Christian and yet live in gross sin. Don't ignore Paul and let this fool turn you into an unwitting alley.

Resting in Him,
Clete

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Clete said:
Then why do you give this deceiver the time of day?

On what grounds is he qualified to have a reasoned and civil discussion with you about the integrity of the book of John? This man claims to be a Christian godrulz! He blasphemes the name of Christ every time he logs on to this web site with that title under his name and you speak to him as though he's just some average Joe Blow who is a little confused about the truth. He's not confused, he a liar and he is helping lead people away from the truth and your sitting here giving him all the credibility in the world by even entertaining his participation in such a discussion. Paul directly commanded us not to associate with people who claim to be Christian and yet live in gross sin. Don't ignore Paul and let this fool turn you into an unwitting alley.

Resting in Him,
Clete

I have responded to him post by post identifying ACIM as demonically inspired. I have stated that he is not a Christian based on his denial of the Deity of Christ. I have said that he has no right to be nitpicking about Bible interpretations when he rejects the Bible as the authoritative Word of God. Rather than let his ideas go unchecked, rather than not defending and proclaiming the truth to someone who is deceived and deceiving others, I chose to 'waste' my time. It seems to me that Paul reasoned from the Scriptures with those who were religiously blind and rejecting Christ. Our job is to share truth. It is his responsibility to receive or reject it. Only the Holy Spirit can illuminate, convict, and convert. Interacting allows me to sharpen my communication and helps others to not be deceived and hopefully will bear fruit for Damian someday. The links I gave about ACIM will leave him without excuse. I have told him he is difficult to reason with. There does come a time when we should stop wasting our time, but I am not at that point yet. I feel the same way with Chandler the JW or MS the Mormon. Just because they are difficult to reach does not mean that they are impossible to reach. Someone said that cults are the unpaid bills of the church and they are a mission field at our door step. The fact they are here and possibly searching, is an opportunity to not slam the door in their faces.

I consider the faint hope of influencing a cultist well worth my time and energy, especially in comparison to all the posts I have wasted dialoguing with sozo who thinks I am demon possessed. Sozo is going to heaven. The other dudes are not.

I hear what you are saying, but it is a free country. If nothing else, it is fun sport :greedy:

TheLaughingMan

BANNED
Banned
godrulz said:
I have responded to him post by post identifying ACIM as demonically inspired. I have stated that he is not a Christian based on his denial of the Deity of Christ. I have said that he has no right to be nitpicking about Bible interpretations when he rejects the Bible as the authoritative Word of God. Rather than let his ideas go unchecked, rather than not defending and proclaiming the truth to someone who is deceived and deceiving others, I chose to 'waste' my time. It seems to me that Paul reasoned from the Scriptures with those who were religiously blind and rejecting Christ. Our job is to share truth. It is his responsibility to receive or reject it. Only the Holy Spirit can illuminate, convict, and convert. Interacting allows me to sharpen my communication and helps others to not be deceived and hopefully will bear fruit for Damian someday. The links I gave about ACIM will leave him without excuse. I have told him he is difficult to reason with. There does come a time when we should stop wasting our time, but I am not at that point yet. I feel the same way with Chandler the JW or MS the Mormon. Just because they are difficult to reach does not mean that they are impossible to reach. Someone said that cults are the unpaid bills of the church and they are a mission field at our door step. The fact they are here and possibly searching, is an opportunity to not slam the door in their faces.

I consider the faint hope of influencing a cultist well worth my time and energy, especially in comparison to all the posts I have wasted dialoguing with sozo who thinks I am demon possessed. Sozo is going to heaven. The other dudes are not.

I hear what you are saying, but it is a free country. If nothing else, it is fun sport :greedy:

You call someone demonically inspired then claim that THEY are part of a cult and not you...hmmm.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
TheLaughingMan said:
You call someone demonically inspired then claim that THEY are part of a cult and not you...hmmm.

I said the author of ACIM channeled a demon to write the book. I did not say their followers were directly inspired. Check out how the book was written. It is not just a commentary on the Bible, but from a spiritual entity claiming to be Jesus. SInce it contradicts the older revelation of what Jesus said, it should be rejected. Since it is not biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity, it is a pseudo-Christian group (or cult by technical definition...unorthodox, heretical group claiming to be Christian).

TheLaughingMan

BANNED
Banned
godrulz said:
I said the author of ACIM channeled a demon to write the book. I did not say their followers were directly inspired. Check out how the book was written. It is not just a commentary on the Bible, but from a spiritual entity claiming to be Jesus. SInce it contradicts the older revelation of what Jesus said, it should be rejected. Since it is not biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity, it is a pseudo-Christian group (or cult by technical definition...unorthodox, heretical group claiming to be Christian).

I just think it's silly to believe in demons is all! Surely you must have a strange view of the world (perhaps a cultist) to believe in magical beings....

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
TheLaughingMan said:
I just think it's silly to believe in demons is all! Surely you must have a strange view of the world (perhaps a cultist) to believe in magical beings....
Demons aren't magical beings, dipwad. It's the term we use to refer to fallen angels. Of course, the term does come from mythology, so I'm trying to break myself of using it, but that doesn't mean godrulz is referring to the ancient mythological creatures when he uses it.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
TheLaughingMan said:

God is supernatural. He created a spiritual realm of angels. Lucifer rebelled and became Satan taking 1/3 of the angels with him (now demons). This is biblical revelation from God about reality. Buddhism is not theistic nor does it have an accurate worldview. Those who practice Buddhism and ancestor worship are potentially in bondage to evil spirits. Christian missionaries encounter this spiritual warfare in their dealings with Buddhist countries. The Hollywood Buddhism is not as steeped in demonic strongholds, but is more of a fad philosophy for bored rich people who have empty lives.

Damian

godrulz said:
Conditional security is based on faith vs unbelief, not works.

The Catholic issue is more works oriented and misses the boat completely.

The very term "conditional security" implies that your salvation is not guaranteed; it;s conditional. How can an individual claim to be "saved" when he believes it is possible to lose his salvation?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Damian said:
The very term "conditional security" implies that your salvation is not guaranteed; it;s conditional. How can an individual claim to be "saved" when he believes it is possible to lose his salvation?

I know I am alive right now, even though I may die in the future. I know I am saved right now, even though apostasy is a theoretical possibility. Since I have no propensity to apostasize and trust His keeping power, I know that I am saved and will continue to be saved until I am glorified. Some people are healthy now, but may get cancer later. One's state may change over time depending on our choices.

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Since I am so glad I’m in the wonderful Dispensation of Grace, I think it is important to emphasize the wonderful truths presented in God’s Word about the Dispensation of Grace. I see that God knocked Saul to the ground and blinded him for some days but then raised him up. The Apostle Paul then became God’s minister to the Jews and the Gentiles.

God gave Paul a different gospel and dispensation from Peter and the eleven, who preached the gospel of the circumcision.

God gave Paul a dispensation that had been a secret, a mystery, never revealed before God started the Dispensation of Grace.

That’s why Paul wrote about his commission in 1 Cor 9:17,18 For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a dispensation. 18 What is my reward then? That when I preach the gospel, I may present the gospel of Christ without charge, that I may not abuse my authority in the gospel.

This new gospel was a secret that God had hidden from mankind until He chose Saul/Paul to be the steward of this mystery.

Eph 3:1-4 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles; 2 if indeed you have heard of the Dispensation of the Grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Praise God for this wonderful mystery, :bannana:
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
We find in Acts 15 that Paul went up to Jerusalem to tell them about the new gospel that God gave to him according to Gal 1:11-2:10.

Gal 1:11-2:10 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ. 13 For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it. 14 And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. 18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. 19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother. 20 (Now concerning the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I do not lie.) 21Afterward I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. 22 And I was unknown by face to the churches of Judea which were in Christ. 23 But they were hearing only, “He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy.” 24 And they glorified God in me.
Chapter 2
1 Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and also took Titus with me. 2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to those who were of reputation, lest by any means I might run, or had run, in vain. 3 Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised. 4 And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage), 5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you. 6 But from those who seemed to be something - whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man - for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me. 7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. 10 They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do.

So the Holy Spirit showed the apostles at that council, that Paul’s new gospel was valid.

Then, we see that God had a new method of salvation that was based on belief without other requirements such as circumcision and, eventually, water baptism. God still wanted good works from the believer, but salvation was not based on anything else but true belief that Jesus Christ died for our sins and was resurrected because of our justification.

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
A New Gospel

Eph 1:5-10 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 [Here’s the mystery which was never known before God raised up the Apostle Paul.] that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power. 8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles, the unsearchable riches of Christ

[You can’t find it anywhere before Paul wrote about it]

9 and to make all see what is the Dispensation of the Mystery, which has been hidden from the ages in God who created all things through Jesus Christ. 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one, the all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth - in Him.

This gospel that was given to Paul was a different gospel from anything before. That’s what the Galatian material is all about.

Gal 2:7-9 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision had been committed to me, as the gospel of the circumcision was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship of the circumcision also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcision.

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Bob Hill

TOL Subscriber
Paul was faithful to this new program that God gave him.

It tells us of his faithfulness in Col 1:24-29: I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church, 25 of which I became a minister according to the dispensation of God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God, 26 the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. [by the Apostle Paul] 27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus. 29 To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.

Unfortunately, many Christians are not faithful to the doctrine God gave to Paul.

We should be faithful to this dispensational program that God gave Paul for us.

Most Christians do not even know that the Bible places so much importance on the Dispensation of the Mystery. Most Christians are not even aware that God says we all “should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the Dispensation of the Mystery.

Because there are two important dispensations in most of the New Testament, there are 2 spheres where believers go when they die. For those who were saved before Paul, the circumcision and proselytes, they go into the kingdom promised to David.

Christ will be the king.

However, for the body of Christ of this Dispensation of Grace, which God started with the Apostle Paul, we have a heavenly hope.

Phi 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

There are extremely important, major differences between our Dispensation of Grace and the Circumcision Dispensation.

Works for salvation and water baptism are two of the big differences between the circumcision gospel and the gospel that God gave to Paul.

In Christ,
Bob Hill

Damian

godrulz said:
I know I am alive right now, even though I may die in the future. I know I am saved right now, even though apostasy is a theoretical possibility. Since I have no propensity to apostasize and trust His keeping power, I know that I am saved and will continue to be saved until I am glorified. Some people are healthy now, but may get cancer later. One's state may change over time depending on our choices.

In other words, your future is conditional. That's the bottomline. You can sugarcoat it anyway you want. But it doesn't change your worldview. Conditional security sounds very insecure.

Besides, didn't you already fall by the wayside once?