The Walk-Away

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Sold Out

How about this....I'll pray that you get a 'burning bush' encounter with God. Who knows......

Too bad too many people are looking for just that, it will never happen.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by ShadowMaid

Even if it did happen, would they believe? :think:

HA! Good point.
Reading though the Bible, it would appear very much NOT!

Zakath

Resident Atheist

Even if it did happen, would they believe? :think:
I imagine that would depend entirely on the individual experiencing the event...

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Shimei

I know, I know, the debate June '03.
Nope. I would have reservations about the character of the leadership of that organization, not Enyart's debating ability (or lack of it). ;)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shimei

Many people turn away because of church. But leave the church, don't turn away from God. There are many screwballs in today's churches. I rarely go to church myself, since the church is so feminized.

If I lived in Denver, I would go to Denver Bible church!

I haven't turned away from God; I'm looking and studying everything I can get my hands on.

Granite

Hall of Fame

It's in the Bible. :)

Pleasant thought. Most of those made in God's own image will be tortured for eternity. Thanks for the feel-good thought of the day...

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by Zakath

Citation, please... :)

There isn't an exact Bible passage that states, "And even when God did miricles, most didn't believe." It's part of a study through the whole Bible.

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by granite1010

Pleasant thought. Most of those made in God's own image will be tortured for eternity. Thanks for the feel-good thought of the day...

I don't ever recall saying that.

Do you actually believe there is a Hell?

Granite

Hall of Fame
ShadowMaid, you said:

"Yes, and it seems that most individuals entirely decided not to believe."

Now, if I follow, if "most" people "don't believe," this means that "most" people will face an eternity of hell when they die.

Yes or no?

(And no, I seriously doubt the Christian concocted witch's brew called "hell" exists in anything but a few fevered, medieval minds. Thanks for asking.)

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Zakath

Citation, please... :)

Study the responses most had after most of the miracles occurred in the Bible.

Here is one:

Luke 17:
12Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off. 13And they lifted up their voices and said, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!"
14So when He saw them, He said to them, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed.

15And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, 16and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan.

17So Jesus answered and said, "Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? 18Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?"