Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Other (explain below).

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tye Porter

Originally posted by Gerald

I assure you that I am in no way related to you.

After all, I'm human...
:chuckle:
Now you're contradicting yourself.
Don't you believe that you are related to monkeys?
Whatever your faith, we are all Related t the Father.
Don't hate on your heritage.
P.S. It's not some simian.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Tye Porter

Now you're contradicting yourself.
Don't you believe that you are related to monkeys?
Whatever your faith, we are all Related t the Father.
Don't hate on your heritage.
P.S. It's not some simian.
Let us get one thing straight: I can only hate that for which existense can be verified.

If I really hated God, as you keep claiming over and over and over, I would head off to, say, Sudan, and assist them in the national sport of Christian-slaughtering, because if you really hate someone, you attack those whom the object of your hatred loves the most...:devil:

Free-Agent Smith

Originally posted by BillyBob

It may be a wise business decision to keep the one of them who donates more money regularly to TOL. Since the only real problem is that they are both posters at TOL, allowing one of them to stay will just as easily solve the problem and will also insure steady donations as has been the case.

Is this how you got into a church and remain there?

Freak

Knight---I just noticed this thread. Those are good questions. I think most TOLer's are sick of this on going battle. This has gone on too far and too long. I'm afraid you'll cause some to leave this forum for another forum if you let this continue. This battle between these two, like you mentioned, overflows to other threads. Both need a time-out. Both need to be put on probation. You banned me 4 or 5 times for long periods of time and yet you allow these two to continue. I don't get it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Freak
Both need to be put on probation. You banned me 4 or 5 times for long periods of time and yet you allow these two to continue. I don't get it.
That is what I am investigating now my friend. :freak:

Freak

It may be a wise business decision to keep the one of them who donates more money regularly to TOL. Since the only real problem is that they are both posters at TOL, allowing one of them to stay will just as easily solve the problem and will also insure steady donations as has been the case.
So you're trying to buy off Knight to post on TOL. Pathetic. :down:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For the record....

Both Tye and BillyBob have donated to TOL financially and those donations are very much appreciated. Tye and BillyBob have also contributed via their participation which is also very much appreciated. However TOL has never been, nor will it ever be "about the money".

If a member OR subscriber is breaking the rules or becoming to big a distraction he or she will be asked to leave or will be banned NO MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY he or she has donated to TOL - if you don't believe me just ask "me again" :).

sixfivebeastman

I say this: Tye and BB, grow up. It's sad that this has actually become a concern for the Administrator of TOL, because when you constantly berate each other in such manner as this it warps the purpose of this website. Is it really so hard to be civil to one another? This is not about theological, moral, or ethical disagreements, this is about maturity. Bating and provoking under the guise of "redirecting the thread" only serve to show the boorish level of your social intelligence. I know that you two can be civil to other members here at TOL, so for pities sake, can you simply agree to disagree?

I have thrown down the gauntlet....who shall pick it up? :think:

JosephofMessiah

Re: The Tye & BillyBob distraction

Originally posted by Knight

I assume most of you know what I am talking about. And if you are new to TOL I am sure you will notice rather quickly that there is a running feud between Tye Porter and Billy Bob that seems to spill out on to almost every thread and even into the ShoutBox.

If possible, then I suggest a ban of the shoutbox, per se...but see below for rest...

(snip)
I am now seriously considering banning one or both of them.

So tell me....

If you were a TOL administrator what would you do?

Well, I would not be a TOL administrator because I have seen the headache you put up with on a regular basis (even at some points due to my own threads which can become heated). So I'd like to take a special point to thank you and those whom make TOL run as smoothly as it does and for putting up with all you choose (freely and with foreknowledge) to put up with.

Second, I'd like to see some limitation on the ability of Tye to misquote others. As soon as a statement of a quote is edited in ANY way the poster should use the quote in a way that does not change the concept nor the meaning of that given quote. I have seen Tye do this repeatedly and it is a childish and ill mannered thing to do.

BillyBob is much harder to speak against as I have had enough run-in's with Tye that anything I say would be concidered biased, therefore I shall only vote for the ability of the Mod's to modify either/all of their posts of the offensive style speach. I see no problem with theological arguments which are "childish" in nature (if you see Billybob and Tye talking it is a good cause to pre-label that thread as childish because Billybob has to go down to Tye's level of understanding)...sorry, there goes my bias showing.

Anyways, if it comes down to a ban, my vote is for Tye, Billybob brings indepth thought and discussion. Tye's ignorances and misquoting is of the greatest grief-style childish behavior I have met...and is of the greatest annoying tactic of the mentally challenged who have no other means of communicating their ignorances except through a misquote. Also, Tye should have at least been warned when he posted the thread named after me due to it being off-subject and a character assassination attempt.

So, I say that the community regulates itself pretty well, Billybob and Tye's "fights" are funny to read sometimes, but Billybob's statements (even in jest) are quite humorous. Again, the middle road is more than likely the best road to travel. And outright ban of either one would really make TOL a different place, without Billybob to make fun of Tye's ignorance then I'd have to step in...and then I'd get banned...it is an ugly path to take.

But if you do ban Billybob...at least you already have a sign-up to take the place of Billybob to keep Tye's ignorances in check. I mean, what would Tye do if no one questioned the self righteous ignorances he spews. :nono:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Knight---I just noticed this thread. Those are good questions. I think most TOLer's are sick of this on going battle. This has gone on too far and too long. I'm afraid you'll cause some to leave this forum for another forum if you let this continue. This battle between these two, like you mentioned, overflows to other threads. Both need a time-out. Both need to be put on probation. You banned me 4 or 5 times for long periods of time and yet you allow these two to continue. I don't get it.

:darwinsm:

My skirmishes with Tye pale in comparison to the all out War you and Sozo have going.

"Remove the plank from your own eye......"

Freak

:darwinsm:

My skirmishes with Tye pale in comparison to the all out War you and Sozo have going.
At least our war is marked with substance and is short lived. Your silly games with Tye has lasted for months. :(

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

So you're trying to buy off Knight to post on TOL. Pathetic. :down:

Hey, I'm a business man, what do you expect? :chuckle:

Besides, there was a monetary amount once proposed to me by Knight for a permanent banishing of Tye, so my mention of finances is not unfounded.

Oh, and for the record, I was only half serious when I brought it up. I expect Knight to do what he sees fit regardless of any person's philanthropic history, even if that person has donated more than $600 dollars in the past year.

:angel:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

At least our war is marked with substance and is short lived. Your silly games with Tye has lasted for months. :(

Short lived???? You guys have been going at it for months, also!

:box:

Substance? :darwinsm:

The only reason my arguments with Tye are devoid of substance is because he is incapable of.....eh, forget it.

Mateo

How about aversion therapy? A little forum called "TOL Pergatory" where the two of them are locked in a thread alone with each other for about a month and the only way they can talk with anyone else is if said person posts to thier thread? I know of another Christian discussion board that uses this same software and when someone gets out of hand they get put in "cooling off" where they can only post on one thread which the mods and admin can post to well. They don't get out until the problem is worked out or they are banned.

Tye Porter

there was a monetary amount once proposed to me by Knight for a permanent banishing of Tye
This is the extent of the unbiased "fairness" that can be found in the Administrators of this board. :nono:

Was this another of Beobebob's "visions", Knight, or is this something you've negotiated?

Mateo

BB offered,

"Hey Mateo, Sozo would want you to choose sides with Tye....."

Hey BB,

Sozo wants a lot of things he's likely not going to get... one of which is my goat. When he shows up on a thread I'm on and tries to lure me into confrontation by hurling invectives I do what the Word says to do, I bless him. In doing this I seek not only to obey God but to set the example that those of us of greater anums should.

I will say that I find it interesting and revealing that in my time here at TOL I have had my threads spamed by only two people; namely, you and Tye. Needless to say, both times it involved you two's petty bickering. This being the case I am not real inclined to choose sides.

That said, I would offer to you what my father used to offer to me when breaking up a bruhaha between me and one of my younger brothers. He would invariable single me out for the butt chewing. When I complained that this was unfair he would invariably say, "You're older and should know better".

;)

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Mateo;
Sozo wants a lot of things he's likely not going to get... one of which is my goat.

Billy;
I am quite aware of your battles with Sozo, that is why I posted what I did, it was a joke.

Mateo;
When I complained that this was unfair he would invariably say, "You're older and should know better".

Billy;
Ah, that would explain why I always win!

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Tye Porter

[brainsizesize=passmethemicroscope]This is the extent of the unbiased "fairness" that can be found in the Administrators of this board. :nono:

:baby:
Quit your whining. You were the least fair Moderator in TOL history!

Was this another of Beobebob's "visions", Knight, or is this something you've negotiated?

:noid:

Status
Not open for further replies.