The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

glorydaz

That sounds like duality.

BODY, SOUL, AND SPIRIT. That's triune.

1 Thessalonians 5:23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

The word speaks of the inner man which comprises both soul and spirit.

Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Note the "dividing asunder of soul and spirit" and the body (joints and marrow)...the word being at work in all of man's triune nature.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.​

glorydaz

You would think those who consider thselves elders would be eager to justify themselves to the masses; especially when guilty of wrongful accusations and nonsense.

I didn't say those I spoke of considered themselves as elders. I recognize them as such because they are well steeped in the word of God. And you declare them guilty of all kinds of things, don't you pops? You are an accuser of the brethren. Rather than learn and listen, you accuse, distort, and moan and groan. :sigh:

God's Truth

1 Thessalonians 5:23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Note the "dividing asunder of soul and spirit" and the body (joints and marrow)...the word being at work in all of man's triune nature.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.​

Dividing of soul and spirit is about dividing the physical body with the spirit.

We are only physical and spirit.

There are three ways about humans. We are flesh and spirit, our spirit makes our flesh body a soul. After we die we have a dead body and our spirit lives on. We are live body, spirit, dead body. That is the three ways with humans.

glorydaz

Dividing of soul and spirit is about dividing the physical body with the spirit.

We are only physical and spirit.

There are three ways about humans. We are flesh and spirit, our spirit makes our flesh body a soul. After we die we have a dead body and our spirit lives on. We are live body, spirit, dead body. That is the three ways with humans.

Apparently, you know more than the Bible, itself. ;)

Man is a living soul, yes, but man has a soul which is who we are....mind, emotions, etc.
Our spirit is the innermost man and how we communicate with God.

Just like the Jewish Temple....outer court, inner court, and innermost court.

THE THREE PARTS OF THE TABERNACLE

The Tabernacle is divided into three parts: the Outer Court, the Holy Place and the Holy of Holies. The same pattern exists in the heavenlies. God has made all things in threes. This readily proves man three partite, God three partite, heaven three partite and even the atom to be in three parts. The three parts of the atom, being also three partite within themselves, making an infinity within as vast as the infinity of the universe.http://smintl.org/Books/Pattern/04court.htm

Read those verses again "SPIRIT and SOUL and BODY".

A soulish man is a natural man....carnal.

A spiritual man is a believer and walks according to the Spirit.

That's why the word of God is said to divide the soul and the spirit.

God's Truth

What sin am I continuing in that you convict me of?

What vanity thinks it's perfect?

There is only One who is perfect...though I have witnessed it many times; I am not so vain as to say it is me.

You just contradicted your own words. If you do that to yourself, what might you do to mine?

God's Truth

Apparently, you know more than the Bible, itself. ;)

Man is a living soul, yes, but man has a soul which is who we are....mind, emotions, etc.

That is the spirit within a man.
Our spirit is the innermost man and how we communicate with God.

Just like the Jewish Temple....outer court, inner court, and innermost court.

Read those verses again "SPIRIT and SOUL and BODY".

A soulish man is a natural man....carnal.

A spiritual man is a believer and walks according to the Spirit.

The natural man lives to please his flesh. The spiritual man lives to please God.

Both men are just flesh and spirit.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nonsense. Reckon yourself a greek scholar, do ya?

No, but I can read English.

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper" (John 14:16)

The pronoun "I" is referring to Jesus. The pronoun "he" is referring to someone else.

popsthebuilder

I do not deny that we are made up of a soul or spirit and a body; I would even agree that there is a division to be made between the soul and the spirit; even three without the body. I was only stating the obvious about what was actually said in the post that I quoted. They only mentioned two sides really, making for a duality.

What don't you get about I understand there to be three aspects to man's limited perspective of GOD? I've said it enough for you to stop pretending I'm against it. What I am against is the word person being the descriptor for all characteristics or attributed of GOD.

let's say there are three that make up the whole of GOD, or less dangerously; let's say there or three easily discernible aspects of GOD the are percievable to man.

Would the Son; the temporal physical manifestation of a singular part of the Trinity too simultaneously be the literal fullness of the Trinity?

If three parts make a whole then one singular part of that whole is not ever equal to that three part whole.

So which is it?

Is GOD triun or is the man Jesus the literal utter fullness of the eternal One Creator GOD?

please note that equating Jesus in the physical body to be the utter literal fullness of GOD can very easily lead to the current body of Christ thinking it is GOD almighty.

Do you even see the problem with that?
Really; it's a real question; perhaps you could provide an actual answer for once.

popsthebuilder

I didn't say those I spoke of considered themselves as elders. I recognize them as such because they are well steeped in the word of God. And you declare them guilty of all kinds of things, don't you pops? You are an accuser of the brethren. Rather than learn and listen, you accuse, distort, and moan and groan. :sigh:
Oh? Who have I wrongly accused? Name them

glorydaz

That is the spirit within a man.

The natural man lives to please his flesh. The spiritual man lives to please God.

Both men are just flesh and spirit.

Why am I not surprised you refuse to listen, and that you reject the written word in favour of your pet theory?

You simply CAN'T address the verses I gave you, which is why you erased them before you responded.

Chicken.....cluck cluck

Judson50

The Trinity

Is the Trinity biblical?
Is the Trinity taught in the Bible?

The teaching of the trinity isn’t “in the Bible” it’s a meta analysis of the Bible.

A quick summary:

In the NT
God the Father is called YHWH (MT 6:24-30; John 6:27; Rom 1:7; 1 Cor 8:4,6; Gal 1:1; 1 Pet 1:2)

Jesus is called YHWH
Jesus calls himself IAm (John 8:58/Ex3:14)
God in OT is the creator the NT Jesus is the creator (is 45:18; jn1:3; col 1:16-17; Heb 1:2-3)
Jesus is the Word (JN1:1-14)
Jesus is called YHWH (John 20:24-28; Romans 10:9,13/Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21; Phil2:6; Titus 2:13; 1jn5:20)
Jesus is referred to as YHWH by NT authors applying Ot texts of YHWH to Jesus (Heb 1:17/Ps104:4; Hebrews 1:8/Ps45:6; Heb 1:9/Ps 45:7; Heb 1:10-12/Ps 102:22-27; John 8:12/Ps27:1; John 5:21/ 1 Sam 2:6 & Dt 32:39)
Jesus was murdered for saying he was YHWH John 10:31-33)

The Holy Spirit is called YHWH
Acts 5:3-4
Matthew 28:19 the word Name is singular and implies that there is one name= Father/Son/Holy Spirit. Not 3 separate names.

Therefore we have one YHWH clearly called Three Persons. And all because all 3 persons are called YHWH, then they are all co-equal/eternal.

The early church fathers believers God is One (Monotheism) and all three (Father/Son/Spirit) we’re called God and all three equal/eternal. (Polycarp 155ad; Ignatius 117ad; Justin Martyr 165 ad; Melito of Sardis 180ad; Irenaeus if Lyons 202ad; Clement of Alexandria 235ad; Origen 254ad; Nicean Creed 325ad; Chalcedoniam Creed 451ad; Anthanasian Creed 500ad)

So we see the NT applies Ot text about YHWH (using the name YHWH) and applies it to The Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit; as well as, the early church fathers were quoted as calling all three God; as well as multiple creeds laying this all out.

So it wasn’t until the early church tried to understand “How can there be ‘One God’” and “How can the Bible apply OT text about YHWH to The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit” and how can they all be equal and eternal - that isn’t something that can be “explained”. Because He is the YHWH and the only one who exists like this. This there is no comparing Him.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

glorydaz

I do not deny that we are made up of a soul or spirit and a body; I would even agree that there is a division to be made between the soul and the spirit; even three without the body. I was only stating the obvious about what was actually said in the post that I quoted. They only mentioned two sides really, making for a duality.

What don't you get about I understand there to be three aspects to man's limited perspective of GOD? I've said it enough for you to stop pretending I'm against it. What I am against is the word person being the descriptor for all characteristics or attributed of GOD.

let's say there are three that make up the whole of GOD, or less dangerously; let's say there or three easily discernible aspects of GOD the are percievable to man.

Would the Son; the temporal physical manifestation of a singular part of the Trinity too simultaneously be the literal fullness of the Trinity?

If three parts make a whole then one singular part of that whole is not ever equal to that three part whole.

So which is it?

Is GOD triun or is the man Jesus the literal utter fullness of the eternal One Creator GOD?

please note that equating Jesus in the physical body to be the utter literal fullness of GOD can very easily lead to the current body of Christ thinking it is GOD almighty.

Do you even see the problem with that?
Really; it's a real question; perhaps you could provide an actual answer for once.

I see no real question there. I see a bunch of words without any meaning or point.

glorydaz

No, but I can read English.

"And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper" (John 14:16)

The pronoun "I" is referring to Jesus. The pronoun "he" is referring to someone else.

Then prove you can "read English".

I = Jesus
He = Father
Another Helper = Holy Ghost

And if you read more than one verse, you'd see that. We see all three persons of our Triune God in both these verses.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.​

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:​