The Trinity

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Couldn't help but notice you provided absolutely no verse saying GOD changes.

You didn't even use one mentioning repentance.

Good.

How about this one:

Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. - Genesis 6:5-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis6:5-8&version=NKJV

Was God always grieving from eternity past? or did He start grieving when He saw the wickedness of His creation?

Or this one:

And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. - Luke 2:52 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke2:52&version=NKJV

God the Son grew (or increased) in wisdom and stature.

Or this one:

Then the Lord said to Moses: “How long will these people reject Me? And how long will they not believe Me, with all the signs which I have performed among them?I will strike them with the pestilence and disinherit them, and I will make of you a nation greater and mightier than they.”And Moses said to the Lord: “Then the Egyptians will hear it, for by Your might You brought these people up from among them,and they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land. They have heard that You, Lord, are among these people; that You, Lord , are seen face to face and Your cloud stands above them, and You go before them in a pillar of cloud by day and in a pillar of fire by night.Now if You kill these people as one man, then the nations which have heard of Your fame will speak, saying,‘Because the Lord was not able to bring this people to the land which He swore to give them, therefore He killed them in the wilderness.’And now, I pray, let the power of my Lord be great, just as You have spoken, saying,‘The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation.’Pardon the iniquity of this people, I pray, according to the greatness of Your mercy, just as You have forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now.”Then the Lord said: “I have pardoned, according to your word;but truly, as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord —because all these men who have seen My glory and the signs which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have put Me to the test now these ten times, and have not heeded My voice,they certainly shall not see the land of which I swore to their fathers, nor shall any of those who rejected Me see it.But My servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit in him and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land where he went, and his descendants shall inherit it.Now the Amalekites and the Canaanites dwell in the valley; tomorrow turn and move out into the wilderness by the Way of the Red Sea.” - Numbers 14:11-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers14:11-25&version=NKJV

I could go on, but you should go read Battle Royale 10, where immutability is discussed in great detail. Again, if you want to open a new thread to discuss this, I will gladly join in. But this isn't the thread to discuss this.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
GOD is eternal and without change.

There is no need for a thing to grow if that thing is infinite; nor does it seem possible.

Exactly.

Our Heavenly Father gives of His Spirit that we might come to know His son, a man,

If people do not know Jesus as the man He is, then they will not be in the first resurrection.

for any to say Jesus is the Father, is a clear confession that they do not know the son, and therefore are not saved, but instead are filled up with their own opinion from their deceived heart.

LA

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Exactly.

Our Heavenly Father gives of His Spirit that we might come to know His son, a man,

If people do not know Jesus as the man He is, then they will not be in the first resurrection.

for any to say Jesus is the Father, is a clear confession that they do not know the son, and therefore are not saved, but instead are filled up with their own opinion from their deceived heart.

LA

Outside the physical the Father did not create the Son, as God is one and understood in the Trinity. No one really can understand the Trinity and that is why so many refuse to believe in the Trinity.

popsthebuilder

How about this one:

Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.”But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. - Genesis 6:5-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis6:5-8&version=NKJV

Was God always grieving from eternity past? or did He start grieving when He saw the wickedness of His creation?

Or this one:

And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. - Luke 2:52 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke2:52&version=NKJV

God the Son grew (or increased) in wisdom and stature.

Or this one:

Then the Lord said to Moses: “How long will these people reject Me? And how long will they not believe Me, with all the signs which I have performed among them?I will strike them with the pestilence and disinherit them, and I will make of you a nation greater and mightier than they.”And Moses said to the Lord: “Then the Egyptians will hear it, for by Your might You brought these people up from among them,and they will tell it to the inhabitants of this land. They have heard that You, Lord, are among these people; that You, Lord , are seen face to face and Your cloud stands above them, and You go before them in a pillar of cloud by day and in a pillar of fire by night.Now if You kill these people as one man, then the nations which have heard of Your fame will speak, saying,‘Because the Lord was not able to bring this people to the land which He swore to give them, therefore He killed them in the wilderness.’And now, I pray, let the power of my Lord be great, just as You have spoken, saying,‘The Lord is longsuffering and abundant in mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression; but He by no means clears the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation.’Pardon the iniquity of this people, I pray, according to the greatness of Your mercy, just as You have forgiven this people, from Egypt even until now.”Then the Lord said: “I have pardoned, according to your word;but truly, as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord —because all these men who have seen My glory and the signs which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have put Me to the test now these ten times, and have not heeded My voice,they certainly shall not see the land of which I swore to their fathers, nor shall any of those who rejected Me see it.But My servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit in him and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land where he went, and his descendants shall inherit it.Now the Amalekites and the Canaanites dwell in the valley; tomorrow turn and move out into the wilderness by the Way of the Red Sea.” - Numbers 14:11-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers14:11-25&version=NKJV

I could go on, but you should go read Battle Royale 10, where immutability is discussed in great detail. Again, if you want to open a new thread to discuss this, I will gladly join in. But this isn't the thread to discuss this.
Your proof text is based on the actions of man which are variable.

Try again

Your text about the spirit of Jesus growing in no way is representative of GOD almighty changing. It is about the Son of God and the anointed of GOD.

I specifically asked that you did your own work.

Figures.

Open a thread and let me know about it if you like.

I won't be wasting my time proving what you have already shown yourself.

I don't need another man's ideas or interpretation clouding what I know with a surety.

Either use scripture yourself or drop it.

It was over before it started, but if you really have something to prove then let me know.

I specified that my belief didn't come from any man and you say it is of pagan origin.

Your opinion is worth zero.

Scriptural proof will shut me up; when you provide it.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Exactly.

LA

And for any to say Jesus is merely a man, is a clear confession that they do not know God our Saviour.

popsthebuilder

All pagans are ignorant of the Triune God. It is above their human understanding, so they attempt to make God into the image of man.
Actually; one definitive feature of the general pagan belief system is that of multiple gods.

Your speak about making GOD in the image of man is actually a thing very many self proclaimed christians do.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Outside the physical the Father did not create the Son, as God is one and understood in the Trinity. No one really can understand the Trinity and that is why so many refuse to believe in the Trinity.

I have to disagree with this.

Their inability to understand it would draw most people in, not repel them. Every religion in the world is full to the brim with one irrational idea after another. The entire construct of whole theological systems, including several Christian ones, unfortunately, are built, from the ground up, on one self-contradictory brick of nonsense after another.

You don't have to be spiritually minded to accept irrational nonsense, all you've got to be is stupid or evil.

The Trinity doctrine, or at least that portion of it that is derived from scripture, is not irrational! The scripture shows us that God is One and that He is the only God and that He created everything that exists by Himself. He is also presented to us in three persons, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit but it does not teach that there are three Gods in one God! It teaches that what we and Jesus refer to as The Father is the singular God and that Jesus Himself is that same singular God and the same for the Holy Spirit. It teaches us that those three persons are all the same singular God. What it does not teach us are the details of just how that works. In other words, there are details left out that make it impossible for us to understand or to explain it fully.

But not being able to explain something is not at all the same as accepting a contradiction (or other irrationality). There is no contradiction here at all.

The law of contradiction states that any two truth claims that are in contradiction to each other cannot both be true at the same time and in the same sense. The Trinity doctrine does not violate that law!

In one sense God is singular - period. But in another sense, there is a plurality in God that is not fully explained to us but which is implied throughout the scripture starting from the very first verse. It isn't that the Triune nature of God cannot be understood (i.e. that it is irrational in some way) but simply that it is not explained. Once it is explained to us, once we see Him face to face, we will understand it. Not because the laws of reason are going away or changing but because we will understand God in His full context and it will all make perfect sense.

Clete

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said-

It teaches that what we and Jesus refer to as The Father is the singular God and that Jesus Himself is that same singular God and the same for the Holy Spirit. It teaches us that those three persons are all the same singular God. What it does not teach us are the details of just how that works. In other words, there are details left out that make it impossible for us to understand or to explain it fully.

It is understandable as written but the theories added to the explanation of the Bible make it impossible to be understood by trinitarians.

LA